Swadians: To me!

Users who are viewing this thread

No, it's the Nords who smoke vast amounts of crack
before having sex with transvestite prostitutes,
before getting pissed and losing repeatedly in battle.
Swadians have a nice snifter of Port in a genteel manner,
before trampling anything on foot to death, and laughing
as arrows ping off our armour.

a young man comes into the swadian camp with a tired horse by his side.

"may i speak with the commander? i want to pledge my alligeance with the swadians." the mysterious stranger says.

"you! help us? your just a bag of skin and bones! go back to your home kid, fore ye get killed." a soldier said.

"if you want to know the dam veagirs looted my village and killed my family! not with out getting their heads chopped of course :smile:."

"fine, ill call the commander and tell him ye wants to speak with him. Commander <unknown>!!!"

Silly, silly.

Killerflood said:

"may i speak with the commander? i want to pledge my alligeance with the swadians." the mysterious stranger says.

"you! help us? your just a bag of skin and bones! go back to your home kid, fore ye get killed." a soldier said.

"if you want to know the dam veagirs looted my village and killed my family! not with out getting their heads chopped of course :smile:."

"fine, ill call the commander and tell him ye wants to speak with him. Commander <unknown>!!!"

Of course they got beheaded. The Vaegirs don't want to waste any more time with Swadian villagers than they have to, so they just decapitate them on the spot with their mighty axes.

Of all the factions, the Swadians are the most annoying. They're the only faction with tin cans, the only ones who use anything over a warhorse, and they have umpteen gazillion lances and crossbows. The only redeeming factor? Swadian Sharpshooters. They don't use crossbows all the time - how 'bout that!

Their infantry is a joke. I created a new character today, went to the training grounds, completed the training, hit level 2, left, and was immediately attacked by 9 vaegir footmen. "OK," I though, "I'll just kill these off real quick, they're just low tier troops." So I did. Got a 2h battle axe. I start running off towards Reyvadin, and bam, I'm attacked by 12 Vaegir horsemen. I'm level 4 at this point, with nothing but some crap-ass armor and a two handed axe. So I charge at the horsemen. I slaughter them, pick up a balanced battle axe, some sturdy lamellar, etc. I hit 6. So then I'm off to Reyvadin again, and I find 15 Swadian Infantry.

I was kinda worried at first - these guys were wearing some pretty heavy mail armor, carrying large shields, and half of them had pikes. I was on horseback, with just a battle axe.

I was hit once that battle, for a whopping 5 damage.

Low riding skill (3), low weapon proficiencies (2h weapons was at 92 at the end of the battle), low health (max of 50 at the time), and by my self, against 15 high-end troops (2nd to top tier).

If that's the best you Swadians have to offer, I'm disappointed. Your "elite" footmen can't even take out one little man with an axe.

No wonder the Nords and Vaegirs rape you all the time.

I'll give you that our infantry doesn't stand a chance against top-tier Nords, for example. But footmen are not the thing that makes our army the greatest force in all of Calradia! It's the cavalry. Imagine if you'd come against 10 Swadian men at arms. You would have been knocked down so fast you didn't even know what hit you!

Lord Sami said:
It's the cavalry. Imagine if you'd come against 10 Swadian men at arms. You would have been knocked down so fast you didn't even know what hit you!

I wouldn't know when I see those full metal snails. I doubt it :razz:

Orion said:
Silly, silly.

Killerflood said:

Of course they got beheaded. The Vaegirs don't want to waste any more time with Swadian villagers than they have to, so they just decapitate them on the spot with their mighty axes.

I believe he was speaking about the Vaegirs that looted his village and killed his family, not the peasants themselves. He was saying that he didn't let the Vaegir raiders leave his village with their heads still on their shoulders.

Bandits also sometimes raid villages, but mostly as a last resort, since it is pretty lowly, killing unarmed peasants and burning their homes. Desperation sometimes brings out the worst in people.

Orion said:
Their infantry is a joke. I created a new character today, went to the training grounds, completed the training, hit level 2, left, and was immediately attacked by 9 vaegir footmen. "OK," I though, "I'll just kill these off real quick, they're just low tier troops." So I did. Got a 2h battle axe. I start running off towards Reyvadin, and bam, I'm attacked by 12 Vaegir horsemen. I'm level 4 at this point, with nothing but some crap-ass armor and a two handed axe. So I charge at the horsemen. I slaughter them, pick up a balanced battle axe, some sturdy lamellar, etc. I hit 6. So then I'm off to Reyvadin again, and I find 15 Swadian Infantry.

I was kinda worried at first - these guys were wearing some pretty heavy mail armor, carrying large shields, and half of them had pikes. I was on horseback, with just a battle axe.

Low riding skill (3), low weapon proficiencies (2h weapons was at 92 at the end of the battle), low health (max of 50 at the time), and by my self, against 15 high-end troops (2nd to top tier).

If that's the best you Swadians have to offer, I'm disappointed. Your "elite" footmen can't even take out one little man with an axe.

Next time try something besides the "easy" setting.

When I need some equipment or easy renown without risk, that's Nords.

Idle entertainment and offhand killing?  Rhodoks.

Some good prisoners to recruit later and new bows for my archer heroes?  Vaegirs are the commissary.

When I need practice on my heavy or spirited hunter skewering a fleeing target, that's Khergits.  They're the most challenging.

You're all still worthless and weak...

Agent Griff said:
Orion said:
Silly, silly.

Killerflood said:

I believe he was speaking about the Vaegirs that looted his village and killed his family, not the peasants themselves. He was saying that he didn't let the Vaegir raiders leave his village with their heads still on their shoulders.

Bandits also sometimes raid villages, but mostly as a last resort, since it is pretty lowly, killing unarmed peasants and burning their homes. Desperation sometimes brings out the worst in people.

One, I know what he was talking about, but I used his own word choice against him. That's the point.

Two, bandits are notorious for raiding villages. That's about all they do, since they can't take on the tougher peoples of Calradia.

Three, Swadian Men-at-Arms? Give me a break. I could kill them even easier. As a cavalryman, I know everything there is to know about fighting on horseback, and I can best any mounted man. Your cavalry does not scare me. Not even your couched lances.

I can parry them.

macethump said:
Orion said:

Some good prisoners to recruit later and new bows for my archer heroes?  Vaegirs are the commissary.

When I need practice on my heavy or spirited hunter skewering a fleeing target, that's Khergits.  They're the most challenging.

This is ridiculous. Something besides the Easy setting?

Hmph.

Don't assume anything.

It is usually safe to assume that any Vaegir is "bending" the truth! :grin:

Edit: I just made Knight!  Gives me even moar credibility!

It's just a shame any usage of the word "moar"
instantly drops you 200 posts worth of kudos.

And that's nothing, filthy Vaegir. I play at 145% difficulty.
So there.

Any lancer worth his horse would lance your own horse right out from under you if you kept trying to block. Then you'd be fighting against cavalry on the ground and out in the open, and you'd be screwed. So when you say you're an expert horsemen who can beat any lancer, all you're really saying is that you can beat the AI, which isn't saying much.

Orion said:
Agent Griff said:
Orion said:
Silly, silly.

Killerflood said:

One, I know what he was talking about, but I used his own word choice against him. That's the point.

Two, bandits are notorious for raiding villages. That's about all they do, since they can't take on the tougher peoples of Calradia.

Three, Swadian Men-at-Arms? Give me a break. I could kill them even easier. As a cavalryman, I know everything there is to know about fighting on horseback, and I can best any mounted man. Your cavalry does not scare me. Not even your couched lances.

I can parry them.

macethump said:
Orion said:

This is ridiculous. Something besides the Easy setting?

Hmph.

Don't assume anything.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA pathetic little vaegir ive been playing like this since i started

Mr.Fuzzy said:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA pathetic little vaegir ive been playing like this since i started

Thanks for unnecessarily quoting a giant block of text, you dunderhead. And you do realize that part of the reason your difficulty is so high is because of the battlesize, not anything to do with combat interaction, right?

Mage246 said:
Any lancer worth his horse would lance your own horse right out from under you if you kept trying to block. Then you'd be fighting against cavalry on the ground and out in the open, and you'd be screwed. So when you say you're an expert horsemen who can beat any lancer, all you're really saying is that you can beat the AI, which isn't saying much.

Any lancer worth his horse would indeed lance my own horse out from under me - if only I would let him. You see, lancers seem to be restricted as to where they can point that couched stick. Specifically, they can only point it straight forwards. I, on the other hand, using a one or two handed weapon, can swing on both sides of my mount. Speaking of my mount, it is probably faster than yours - you Swadians seem to have a fetish for heavily armored horses. This increased speed and maneuverability enables me to quickly move in behind you and smack you repeatedly in the back. Your silly helmets won't save you from a great axe in the neck. Also, there is no "try" in blocking. You do, or you do not. I do.

If on the off chance I do lose my mount, I am a capable footman, and am more than capable of taking another's horse, or killing it.

And as far as saying I can beat the AI, well yes, that is all I'm saying. Saying otherwise would be pointless, because it can never be proven, now can it?

Silly Khergit.

Mr.Fuzzy said:

I suppose you put every single setting you had all the way up to the max for that screenshot. Also, seeing as how you've shown a complete lack of intelligence, that further proves my statement.

Dryvus, I doubt he's ever played with those settings. Why? The resolution of the screenshot says quite a bit. It says that he plays the game on the lowest possible resolution. Now, if he had to play the game on the lowest possible resolution, why does he allow the settings to load a thousand units at once in to his game, in combat, which is where lag hurts the most? He probably plays on battlesize 24 to 48, somewhere in that range, with damage at 1/4th to himself and allies, and combat AI at the lowest setting.

Plus, he's a Swadian, so any credibility he might have had has instantly evaporated.

Back
Top Bottom