Surprised PW is still up and going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Boarlady

Grandmaster Knight
How many of the old PWers still play? Feels like its been a century. Haven't touched warband in forever. Are the servers active and enjoyable?

P.S. Only here cause Aldric randomly messaged me today after almost a couple years xD.

Boarlady said:
How many of the old PWers still play? Feels like its been a century. Haven't touched warband in forever. Are the servers active and enjoyable?

P.S. Only here cause Aldric randomly messaged me today after almost a couple years xD.

Aldric and me are hosting PW_United again, after union went down I left myself.

gamester494 said:
Boarlady said:

Not sure I know or remember you. No one can forget Aldric, many days of almost dying due to choking on whisky at that accent/voice. Frenchies have a special place in my heart.

Boarlady said:
gamester494 said:
Boarlady said:

Not sure I know or remember you. No one can forget Aldric, many days of almost dying due to choking on whisky at that accent/voice. Frenchies have a special place in my heart.
Where the **** have yoyu been.

Raging Womble said:
Boarlady said:
gamester494 said:
Boarlady said:

Where the **** have yoyu been.

Away from this game. I was everything in PW over my stay time. The Newb randomer who understood nothing, the RPer, Administrator, Guild leader, etc. Then it all kinda lost its appeal and had far too much drama so went over to M&M a bit then stopped playing warband forever. It was amazing fun while it lasted.

I think it finally touched bottom around a year ago when RCC went down.
Nothing like the old quality forum dramas either. Now it's all unfunny kiddos, the few left :smile:

Nexus was the last decent server which closed down few weeks ago. Servers rely on clans now, certain clans left Nexus and people just followed them and it died quite sadly.
As I've known Aldric for some time, I'm pretty sure he can provide much better atmosphere than other servers.

gamester494 said:
Boarlady said:

And I am wind ?

Most of old players are still up. Also those you would rather not see in-game. They're up too. As for your excitation that PW is still "up and going", here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,314977.0.html Many people do not share your point of view.

PW's dead, Warband's dyin, maybe DLC will change smth, maybe not, anyway we're all waiting for Bannerlord/Kingdom Come Deliverance.

There are no servers I know that have a good and active admin team that does something against randomers.
Everytime I join a PW server, you get randomed in the first 10 minutes, admins doesn't respond or are corrupt.

I moved on to other mods and games which I prefer more. The only modules I play currently on Warband are Native and Nord Invasion.
No clue which other multiplayer modules have a good population and are fun to play. Till now, there are none in my opinion..

I do hope that the upcoming modules Persistent Sagas and Persistent Empire will change my minds.
But till now, not that many servers and modules reached the 1 year.

I remember you Lady Lust. I'm an old time player, used to be an admin or head admin (can't quite remember now) on EU_A, name was Shakir/Shakir abd al-Aziz or Hugues/Hugues de Courson most of the time. I started playing PW again a couple of weeks ago after at least a year, but I have not found a single server under good management with admin that actually do their jobs.

Well ****, negative reports all around that is sad to hear. I'm past caring around "randoming" though, you rather reach a point when you've played for a while you just expect it, shrug and move on. The more enforcement in place to prevent it the far more trolls would pour in to milk some tears. Aldric MAY be the saving grace for PW but that would hinge on what you expect.

In my experience, there will never be a perfect world in PW, never going to be randomer free for longer than it takes fresh, bright eyed admins to burn out under the weight of 50 complaints an hour. Go to have fun, don't get too attached to your pixelated possessions and all will be well.

Anyways good luck with your new server/s, I do hope PW is a thing for bannerlord. Maybe then I'll be around.

P.S. I remember you as well Hugues Ello. But don't judge the servers man, management/adminning isn't easy. I'm sure if you think really hard you'll remember the purple spam that made your brain explode and all the alt tabbing to read logs for proof/mediation. Oh the fun. It only works and is easy when you have a decently sized, dedicated team, of which we both had on our respective servers. Not everyone can achieve that though.

Haven't touched PW in months. I think I'll keep it that way, save the "Castle Wars" map I'm working on in bits and pieces.

From what I can tell, the roleplay is dead and gone. On the NA side, the average players have been replaced with a bunch of young kids that think they are the kings and queens of the world with the attention span of a lawn flamingo. I don't expect much other than simple back and forth wars and the like. Need I explain more?

Barradin said:
the attention span of a lawn flamingo.

Thanks you made my day sir.
Concerning the rest. Jarl will be mostly in charge of PW i will be helping on event side, but i still trying to figure out a way to finish my frozen PW mod. European blood.

BlackSniper said:
There are no servers I know that have a good and active admin team that does something against randomers.
Everytime I join a PW server, you get randomed in the first 10 minutes, admins doesn't respond or are corrupt.

I moved on to other mods and games which I prefer more. The only modules I play currently on Warband are Native and Nord Invasion.
No clue which other multiplayer modules have a good population and are fun to play. Till now, there are none in my opinion..

I do hope that the upcoming modules Persistent Sagas and Persistent Empire will change my minds.
But till now, not that many servers and modules reached the 1 year.

Persistent Sagas is history, and furthermore Persistent Empire wont last long before it do write itself into the history.

Aldric said:
Barradin said:
the attention span of a lawn flamingo.

Thanks you made my day sir.
Concerning the rest. Jarl will be mostly in charge of PW i will be helping on event side, but i still trying to figure out a way to finish my frozen PW mod. European blood.

Ye I also think you should do something Aldric, it would be the revolutionary PW mod ever. :wink: Remember that I already helped a bit, and I am open to help further with that project :wink:

Back
Top Bottom