Surgeon hasn't gained a single point in medicine skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I recruited a guy at the very beginning of the game (scholar with 120 medicine) and immediately made him my Surgeon. He hasn't gained a single point in Medicine this whole time (main character is level 11, clan level 3). He isn't maxed out. What gives? Similarly odd, but less so, is that even though I have a dedicated Engineer (who has legit Engineer skill), my main dude is gaining Engineering points when I siege. Is that correct? Seems like the Engineer should be getting the points.

It seems to reset itself very often, like whenever I look. So maybe he's not been the Surgeon. I don't know about the engineer but I would have assumed the role would make them get the skill and use their skill for speed...... but perhaps it's not implemented yet.
Anyways for medicine you need troops to go down in battle and/or to heal wounded troops, so if you're doing well the medicine will skill up very slowly.

I've leveled my surgeon from 60 medicine up to well into the 100s, not exactly sure where it's at now.

Check his character screen and ensure the surgeon has enough focus points put into medicine to progress further and as the above poster said, ensure his role is actually set as the surgeon.

The clan roles will reset themselves possibly because you are using the left or right arrows to select the clan role. This will set anyone set as engineer to no clan role if you cycled through engineer to get to another role for someone else. If you click on the actual box with the role, there is a drop down that can be used - this way you can set the role without cycling through and resetting anyone else

Yeah I'm aware of the reset problem when you use the arrows, so I only use the drop down list. Check roles periodically and they've always stayed the same, so that isn't the issue. Also, as mentioned, he's not maxed out (i.e. he has enough focus and skill points, skill level isn't dark red color). It's true I don't have THAT many injuries, but I do get some, and I've been in a ton of battles. I think I saw my healer in other games get points in medicine when they save someone in battle (wounded instead of dead). In any case, the game's been going on quite some time and surely he should have gotten some points by now.

I am having the same problem with surgeons and scouts. Zero experience gain after months of playing as those clan roles. These skills leveled in the previous build.

Back
Top Bottom