sunday afternoon - 4 players total on NA servers

Users who are viewing this thread

And still the tiny MP community feel more entitled than single player folks when it comes to combat suggestions / feedback. That I call a loud minority.
Ps: I'm mainly playing MP for the last 3 months or so.

And still the tiny MP community feel more entitled than single player folks when it comes to combat suggestions / feedback. That I call a loud minority.
Ps: I'm mainly playing MP for the last 3 months or so.

I don't think it's entitled to want to be able to boot up bannerlord and drop into a game at any time of the day or night. I can do it with Warband, and it's pretty old now, why not this one?

It's as if MP people know more about combat then SP people fighting bots
Thanks for giving me the perfect response :grin:

99% of the community play against bots.
Yet, people feel like it's better to cater those fighting against humans. Because sKiLLz.
It's like designing a car to cater Nascar pilots.

Game design should know their audience, and for BL it's overwhelmingly SP. MP has been a very tiny fraction of the picture from the very beginning.

The MP community will transition from WB to BL the moment BL becomes very very very similar to WB. This would greatly hurt SP gameplay, because WB is wonky and the robot-like movement is the key to reading your opponents.

Tl;dr: SP is the milk cow TW should focus on. MP is nothing but loud minority.

Right, but the singleplayer is a shallow mess of bad AI, no endgame and the same glaring issues that Warband had. That ship has already sailed if they are making the same mistakes as Warband. And I've literally just closed SP after hours of farming caravans to level up some troops to go play MP because (somehow) it's more fun.

Yet, people feel like it's better to cater those fighting against humans. Because sKiLLz.

Game design should know their audience, and for BL it's overwhelmingly SP. MP has been a very tiny fraction of the picture from the very beginning.

The MP community will transition from WB to BL the moment BL becomes very very very similar to WB. This would greatly hurt SP gameplay, because WB is wonky and the robot-like movement is the key to reading your opponents.

Tell me, who will extensively exploit the combat to its full potential and study all of it's underlying mechanics and strings attached? A singleplayer guy or a multiplayer guy?

The mid-level being played in multiplayer will never come in comparison to the singleplayer, you literally think bots are going to do insane feints?

You're one of the only people complaining about the combat in SP right now, you are a minority in a majority.

Tell me, who will extensively exploit the combat to its full potential and study all of it's underlying mechanics and strings attached? A singleplayer guy or a multiplayer guy?

The mid-level being played in multiplayer will never come in comparison to the singleplayer, you literally think bots are going to do insane feints?

You're one of the only people complaining about the combat in SP right now, you are a minority in a majority.

Actually they make the bots unbeatable without a problem. You think that you would actually stand a chanse against an AI where they dont artificially make the AI worse? I mean the bot can react within milliseconds calculating if your hit will land before his and make the right counter for it. Maybe they cant make a bot that can kill you but they sure as hell can make a bot that can block you every attack no matter what.

Now this is not the case since they have tuned them down intentionally, because it would be ridiculous. Just think of Counter Strike source when you turn the bot level above the normal level trough the consol and everyone of them got aimbot killing you within milliseconds with a glock. :grin:

Don't forget what a huge potential the Bannerlord multiplayer has. There is a good reason, why TW is putting so much focus on it, they are planning to extend it way more. We are so loud because we don't want this potential to go to waste. In theory, having a really good multiplayer at least doubles the target group of players.

Actually they make the bots unbeatable without a problem. You think that you would actually stand a chanse against an AI where they dont artificially make the AI worse? I mean the bot can react within milliseconds calculating if your hit will land before his and make the right counter for it. Maybe they cant make a bot that can kill you but they sure as hell can make a bot that can block you every attack no matter what.

Now this is not the case since they have tuned them down intentionally, because it would be ridiculous. Just think of Counter Strike source when you turn the bot level above the normal level trough the consol and everyone of them got aimbot killing you within milliseconds with a glock. :grin:
That's my point, they will never make bots unbeatable, the whole point of singleplayer is to feel superior. While multiplayer is the complete opposite

And I've literally just closed SP after hours of farming caravans to level up some troops to go play MP because (somehow) it's more fun.

^^^ The truest statement ever made. ^^^

Bannerlord MP is rife with issues -Look! There's literally an entire forum of them! But at the end of the day, it is -as @Mabons put it, somehow still more fun than SP!

This speaks volumes of the issues with SP.

Multiplayer is a broken buggy mess with mechanics, equipment, and game balance issues, but the problems surrounding singleplayer are far more sinister.

And I'm not making this into a singleplayer vs. multiplayer debate. I played thousand of hours of Warband multiplayer, and hundreds of hours in Warband singleplayer and I loved both. I've played dozens of the singleplayer mods and even enjoyed Native!

I would love to be able to play both Bannerlord MP and SP and enjoy them equally, but right now multiplayer is literally the only viable option. Singleplayer is objectively unplayable.

Thus, yes, Taleworlds should focus on the only thing that is functioning (just barely) at the moment -and that is multiplayer.

Well of course there is more SP, they are murdering MP with their piss poor design choices. If SP was as trashy and poorly made as MP it would be as dead. Just because there is no mp player doesnt mean its a SP game only, it means they failed magnificiently to provide a half decent MP experience. If they fix their mistakes (remove classes and add modded servers), MP Bannerlord would become big

Europe servers are kindly populated throughout the day on TDM and Siege.
Some NA Warbands vets confessed to me that they can't deal with new blood players kicking their ass in these modes.

Europe servers are kindly populated throughout the day on TDM and Siege.
Some NA Warbands vets confessed to me that they can't deal with new blood players kicking their ass in these modes.
Ha I already get my ass kicked in both games. But in tdm and siege I usally destroy people still on Bannerlord holding over 1.0 kd in these gamemodes near the top of the leaderboard when I play. Skrimish is another monster in itself though I do okayish in it but usally only around a 0.75kd and 1.0 on a good day. I do the same in warband on casual gamemodes usally over 1.0 near the top of the leaderboard. Duel/Groupfignting servers it drops for me alot.

The Mutiplayer player base in warband was around 15-20% of anyone online usally not during events and during prime time probably was around 30-40% of players online. Steam numbers obviously.
*Quick edit* I feel like the afk on steam in the menus probably equally out with the people who are not using steam. Also I did the math at point in the mount and blade reddit discord, username noob have fun going though my 6k messages.

Back
Top Bottom