Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Definitely support something like this.. nothing is more annoying than losing the tournament because you're put up against some king/hero guy in the last round (you know, the guys that have 300-400 weapon skill) who's outfitted with a sword and board and/or horse and you start off with some crappy bow. Hell, even crossbowmen get the shortsword, archers should too. Frankly, as much as on one hand I'd love to pick the gear and kick ass all the time I also like the current aspect of forcing you to be at least familiar with a variety of weapons. To me, only real changes that need to happen are - give archers shortswords and let you choose your own equipment in the last battle of the tournament (the final). Also, perhaps there could later on be a system (if there's time for that) to let you, as you gain renown pick your own gear in all battles (but still I'd rather that it stays tournament gear, not player's gear, apart from, perhaps, in the final).

If possible i would incorporate the polished landscapes mod into this Pack heres a link
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122423.0.html

hi
I have been playing and its good, but i agree with some of the others i would prefer to have the native vanilla factions troop trees, the new ones are huge and a bit unnecessarily complicated, but other than its brilliant!! I havent had any errors yet either

I'm sorry if my suggestion was already posted, but i'm too lazy/sleepy right now to check out, cuz its 4 am in the morning right here.

-- Will you add formations to your mod??
that would make a great change.
This is the best mod I've ever played yet on warband, thank you.

Eh, I for one LIKE the troop trees, sure I think (as I have already posted) that they need some tweaking and balancing still and yeah, I don't like the french-english mash-up swadia, but it's FAR better than the downright lame and poor troop selection in the vanilla game + it's actually challenging now as you have a LONG way to go to get the skills of top tier troops, unlike vanilla where you started outclassing them even in stats (player skill aside) quite early on.

wanderer949 said:
hi
I have been playing and its good, but i agree with some of the others i would prefer to have the native vanilla factions troop trees, the new ones are huge and a bit unnecessarily complicated, but other than its brilliant!! I havent had any errors yet either

if you read the mod note they is the option to have old tree again i believe

braven5 said:
wanderer949 said:
hi

if you read the mod note they is the option to have old tree again i believe

Not yet, but I think Monnikje said he would make a patch

Played Prophesy of Pendor a bit, so few interesting moments from it:
- Archery nerf. Reduce bow's accuracy to 85, crossbow's to 90. I know, all this sniper badasses (80% of players) will start shouting, but you still can be a sniper, you just need good powerdraw and archery ~400. With that nerf, in order to snipe bots from a horse, you have to become a dedicated archer. Btw, with deathcam staying alive till the end of the battle becomes less essential. If you will nerf it, dont forget to increase troops archery skill.
- Minor factions. Quite similar to my previous suggestion about bandit armies - sometimes there spawn armies, like 1000 rebels, cultists and so on. Make the game more interesting.
- Some rebelious knights. Gives you valuable loot, but damn, they are really tough.

Thoughts and suggestions for  Mount & Blade Warband 1.132 with Floris Mod 2.01

*Guildmaster comes to Tavern for Kidknap/Bandit Missions (At night?)
  + Maybe other characters with urgent mission types?
*Food Hampers/Trains/Caravans? Big morale boost - One heavy object?
  + Village packs/presents? Improve village prosperity?
*Bring back the 'Black Knight' Invasion!!
*Convince Lords to join you when they're imprisoned?
*Improved Interface.
  + Move Compass to top right!
    Text down from top? (Quickly resize-able Text Box with on/off button?)
    Distance/Time/Speed indicator/measure? (Distance to target and E.T.A.)
*Show exact dates of Tournaments to avoid wasted journeys.
*'Highlight text and save to personal notes' feature?
*'Town mouse & Country mouse' Mouse set-up?
  Town mouse: Lmouse - walk forward, Rmouse - Talk?
  Country mouse: Normal Attack+Block
*Variable Troop speeds on world map
+ Forced March, Normal and Cautious/Stealthy
*More Defined Party icon on World map. Varies with troops?
*Village Prosperity shown on World Map? Fields, Mills?, Watchtowers?..
*Lordly Aura - Lets you push past own troops more easily.
+ Based on Right to Rule and/or Reknown?
*Shout orders out sound effects ("Everyone - Charge!!"),
+ and Player cheer sounds (press 'cheer' key?)
+ Taunts? (Your father smelled of elderberries..)
*Pain more obvious - screen briefly reddens and blurs?
*Torches for troops at night?
+ Throwable Torch for you when ambushed?
*Change 'Town Militia' To 'Mercenary Recruits'?
+ Add variants? Archers? Horsemen? Specials?
*Companions display their faction colours on face screen?
*Highlight Enemy Units on the World Map with 'At war with' icon/message?
*Standard Bearers?
*Chest access for sieges!
*All NPC characters have own names: Tavern Keeper Bob, Guildmaster Joe..
*Ride across Map in battle screen mode?? !! Very Unlikely :smile:
*Xp bonuses for meeting NPCs
+ Collect sets (Families/Lords/Arena masters) for more XP
*More Troops sorting abilities on menus
+ sort into Inf/Cav/Arc/Heroes or C/I/A/H or....
  sort by price, faction ...
*More missions...
*Global Campaign and Personal Campaign Quests and stories.
+ Unique Objects and unlockables..
+ Not necessary to complete but XP and Items available... (and more..)
*Fast Travel mode? Skip to destination.....
*Tutorials ......
*Siege Engines....
*Tournaments ah Tournaments!!...........
*MAP map mmm..........
Etc etc Et cetera Et cetera.....

Ps :smile:Total Noob Modder... where do i start? I love this game .. :oops:

Hieronymous said:
Thoughts and suggestions for  Mount & Blade Warband 1.132 with Floris Mod 2.01

*Guildmaster comes to Tavern for Kidknap/Bandit Missions (At night?)
  + Maybe other characters with urgent mission types?
*Food Hampers/Trains/Caravans? Big morale boost - One heavy object?
  + Village packs/presents? Improve village prosperity?
*Bring back the 'Black Knight' Invasion!!
*Convince Lords to join you when they're imprisoned?
*Improved Interface.
  + Move Compass to top right!
    Text down from top? (Quickly resize-able Text Box with on/off button?)
    Distance/Time/Speed indicator/measure? (Distance to target and E.T.A.)
*Show exact dates of Tournaments to avoid wasted journeys.
*'Highlight text and save to personal notes' feature?
*'Town mouse & Country mouse' Mouse set-up?
  Town mouse: Lmouse - walk forward, Rmouse - Talk?
  Country mouse: Normal Attack+Block
*Variable Troop speeds on world map
+ Forced March, Normal and Cautious/Stealthy
*More Defined Party icon on World map. Varies with troops?
*Village Prosperity shown on World Map? Fields, Mills?, Watchtowers?..
*Lordly Aura - Lets you push past own troops more easily.
+ Based on Right to Rule and/or Reknown?
*Shout orders out sound effects ("Everyone - Charge!!"),
+ and Player cheer sounds (press 'cheer' key?)
+ Taunts? (Your father smelled of elderberries..)
*Pain more obvious - screen briefly reddens and blurs?
*Torches for troops at night?
+ Throwable Torch for you when ambushed?
*Change 'Town Militia' To 'Mercenary Recruits'?
+ Add variants? Archers? Horsemen? Specials?
*Companions display their faction colours on face screen?
*Highlight Enemy Units on the World Map with 'At war with' icon/message?
*Standard Bearers?
*Chest access for sieges!
*All NPC characters have own names: Tavern Keeper Bob, Guildmaster Joe..
*Ride across Map in battle screen mode?? !! Very Unlikely :smile:
*Xp bonuses for meeting NPCs
+ Collect sets (Families/Lords/Arena masters) for more XP
*More Troops sorting abilities on menus
+ sort into Inf/Cav/Arc/Heroes or C/I/A/H or....
  sort by price, faction ...
*More missions...
*Global Campaign and Personal Campaign Quests and stories.
+ Unique Objects and unlockables..
+ Not necessary to complete but XP and Items available... (and more..)
*Fast Travel mode? Skip to destination.....
*Tutorials ......
*Siege Engines....
*Tournaments ah Tournaments!!...........
*MAP map mmm..........
Etc etc Et cetera Et cetera.....

Ps :smile:Total Noob Modder... where do i start? I love this game .. :oops:

I think that it would be easier to create a new mod with all this, than to put all mentioned above in the Floris mod

I have to agree that the overhauled troop tree seems a tad overly large and complicated and each faction having native-language names does not help you to understand them, everytime I want to upgrade troops or fight a large battle with a faction I have to look at the upgrade tree(which seems to take a good 30 or so second to load up each time you switch between factions). An option for future versions as to having an updated default tree or your completely overhauled version would be very appreciated.

Also, I noticed from the troop trees that you've given the Swadians a mostly English theme and the Rhodoks an Italian theme, you could then change their Lord titles from "Count" to "Earl" and "Doge" respectively. Also, would it be possible to have the Khergit nobles have their title shifted to the front like the other factions? I like each factions characters being grouped together on the character list. :smile:

I love the new troop tree, adds more depth and detail and nice troop progression, but a patch to gove native back to thos that prefer that would be nice, just as long as not strip back what we got for those us who like the new trees

Actually, I made a native trooptree compatible in this version, just check the Download page.

Also, I renamed the rhodok counts to conte (the Italian name for counts), but that's only visible in new games. Shifting the Khergit names is a good idea: somthing for a next version.

John Forseti said:
I have to agree that the overhauled troop tree seems a tad overly large and complicated and each faction having native-language names does not help you to understand them, everytime I want to upgrade troops or fight a large battle with a faction I have to look at the upgrade tree(which seems to take a good 30 or so second to load up each time you switch between factions). An option for future versions as to having an updated default tree or your completely overhauled version would be very appreciated.

Just to balance things out a little, after being initially reluctant to the new names in native languages, I've got used to it and it's not really disturbing anymore. I for one think Monnikje's troop tree is lot more interesting than native and that having troops that take a lot longer until they reach the last tier is more fun. I'm not sure the AI makes the most of it though, they seem to mostly use low-tier troops, which might make things a bit unbalanced once you have a maxed out party.

monnikje said:
Actually, I made a native trooptree compatible in this version, just check the Download page.

Yes, it seems while I was writing my reply you posted the update. Meaning as soon as I had posted my issue had already been resolved. :smile:

Crounch said:
Just to balance things out a little, after being initially reluctant to the new names in native languages, I've got used to it and it's not really disturbing anymore. I for one think Monnikje's troop tree is lot more interesting than native and that having troops that take a lot longer until they reach the last tier is more fun. I'm not sure the AI makes the most of it though, they seem to mostly use low-tier troops, which might make things a bit unbalanced once you have a maxed out party.

Oh I didn't really mind so much that the tree is longer and branchier(although from first impressions some of the branches seem to lead down redundant roads or try to balance away a factions speciality), just that personally I don't find the added flavour of the native language names compensates for having to look them up all the time until they sink in. Some people can memorise it really quick so it's not a problem and some people find putting that effort in more rewarding, but neither of those are me, basically its just a matter of personal taste, and I am grateful that my taste can now be catered for.

I wonder whether we could use this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145768.0.html
:smile:

Back
Top Bottom