Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

AvionSpirited said:
Maan said:
As much as I find this mod very well done and very interesting, I count myself in the number of those who find the various "real world references"... odd.
About troops in particular, I'd rather have them named in some descriptive way (like in Native) rather than some unintelligible (for me, at least) language.

How about an option to remove those from dialogue and rename troops/items?

Or can someone point me to some submod that does that?
Its actually quite easy to tell them apart.If you are talking only about the names,then yes,it will be difficult to know who's who.But I found it very interesting.You might already know the 'codenames' of every unit.This codename contains what type of unit it is.As far as I know from experience,they are:
*C1 -1st tier of Cavalry
*I7-7th tier of Infantry
*H5-5th tier of Horse archers,etc....

It might not be the exact definitions,but after observation,its really easy to understand.Of course the names will be hard to get used to.But to think how much historical accuracy there is!I recommend you familiarize with the codenames(unless you haven't),and just try to associate them with it.As for any submods or anything, I don't know of any that could help you.

That's helpful, thank you!

But about "historical accuracy"... that's precisely my issue: I expect real-world references in a total conversion, but I find them out of place in good-ole Calradia.
Oh, well...

Maan said:
AvionSpirited said:
Maan said:
As much as I find this mod very well done and very interesting, I count myself in the number of those who find the various "real world references"... odd.
About troops in particular, I'd rather have them named in some descriptive way (like in Native) rather than some unintelligible (for me, at least) language.

How about an option to remove those from dialogue and rename troops/items?

Or can someone point me to some submod that does that?
Its actually quite easy to tell them apart.If you are talking only about the names,then yes,it will be difficult to know who's who.But I found it very interesting.You might already know the 'codenames' of every unit.This codename contains what type of unit it is.As far as I know from experience,they are:
*C1 -1st tier of Cavalry
*I7-7th tier of Infantry
*H5-5th tier of Horse archers,etc....

It might not be the exact definitions,but after observation,its really easy to understand.Of course the names will be hard to get used to.But to think how much historical accuracy there is!I recommend you familiarize with the codenames(unless you haven't),and just try to associate them with it.As for any submods or anything, I don't know of any that could help you.

That's helpful, thank you!

But about "historical accuracy"... that's precisely my issue: I expect real-world references in a total conversion, but I find them out of place in good-ole Calradia.
Oh, well...
Glad I could be of some help! And yes,the historical accuracy....I failed to remember that we are talking about Calradia,and not medieval Mongolia,Briton,or anywhere else. :oops:

Anyways,just a suggestion:  I would love this mod much more,if the Lords and Kings could also recruit some companions in the late game.They have serious problems,especially with skills like Pathfinding.To be precise,this was a problem present in the native version itself.But they rarely pose a threat even(especially) if they have large armies.I usually have companions who have high pathfinding skills,so I sort of outrun parties half of my size.With the helpful addition of the choice to see the skills of other lords,I saw that they have 1 or 2 skills in pathfinding,and all other party skills are crammed in,making it sort of....what should I say...a jumble?

Main issue I'm seeing is nords hitting swadia with 800-1200 troops, and swadian garrisons seem around 2-400 in the big cities. maybe on game start garrisons should be higher. I'm suspecting maybe a swadia bug, I have yet to see swadia marshal an army and move in force together, rhodock nord seem fine, unsure on other factions. i wonder if there is a way to prioritize a forced defense...or faster recovery recruitment if one faction is being wiped. perhaps swadia stuck in middle is simply in a bad place.

Surely it has been said, but could the assets from moneylanders go to the treasury? That's possibly the biggest issue I personally have, the feature is great, but riding around the cities like a peasant while your're a nobleman with fiefs and servants for everything is just so role breaking for me. Also really uncomfortable..

Also battle continuation could be enhanced with you being able to select a troop and play as them when you get KOd, waiting for 500v500 battles to play out not wanting to finish it calculating gets you bored. I saw that in some mods and I thought it was awesome

And finally I like the battle AI, but one thing makes me disable it - the archers and cavalry are great, but the infantry - I get the idea of the single rank moving together, but in the game it doesn't really work, they just roll around the battleground, not really achieving anything but getting shot down by skirmishing archers. It's good vs charging cavalry, but if there's archers, they just serve for target practice. Feel like the infantry should change their tactics depending on what they are facing, or just make the strategy more straightforward so they can deal with those archers. Also 2 square ranks meeting is kinda awkward, infantry should just ram in!

If there is a future version of Floris or Enhanced...could it be possible to allow player to create his own faction troop tree, perhaps using similar mechanics to CKO in Pendor?

If it's not to much I'd like to see some features from Nova Aetas like building castles, landmarks, and if possible creation of new villages while you rule your own kingdom.

HEY, I have a suggestion, that I think will be easy to do, since I have heard you can do it yourself.
I just want a better Cheatmenu. I really want to decrease my Controversy, so that's all I'm asking.
Enhanced Cheatmenu, or just more options to the cheatmenu.
Thanks in advance.

Would it be possible to have an option where, instead of having to fork out the dough from your own purse, you could order purchases to be paid for from your treasury upon the next payout day?

Hi
I modified the Module System and so...

Even though my army is limited to 50 soldiers, I can sometimes hire five, nine, or a dozen more farmers travelling on the world map... for cheap. It can be interesting.
But they must be formed immediately to make them stronger!

I don't know anything but I try something...  :facepalm:

ok looked through the suggestion tracker and couldnt find what iam supposed to suggest so on that notice i would like to say sorry if it have escaped me.
one feature your troop rank forming could benefit with is customsizeable battlemap, like in prophesy of pendor where you can chose your 3 different sizes or an adaptive variant, i really enjoy using largest map cuz iam an archer most of the time, but also when you move troops around and form ranks and such its nice to be able to do it before fight breaks out which it prettty much does after 5 secs in most of the battles.

A mod similar to the broken link below (I just joined) I think would be a good addition- even as an option at startup.
http:// nexusmods .com/mbwarband/mods/5935?tab=description

My suggestion is simple, spearmen/pikemen should always, always spawn with pole arms. Because I am tired of losing to the swadians and kergits when my braced pike line becomes a line of weak swordsmen mixed with pikes and they smash on through and break  my archers instead of being stopped by the pikes and then mired in by my infantry and destroyed.
Please! Lanciere/landsknecht should have lances, not swords!

www. moddb .com mods custom-troop-trees (I can't post external links, so yeah)

This perhaps? It lets you to create your own troop trees. Plus, considering how small the custom tree is compared to other factions' trees, Imo it is balanced, maybe when we have our custom troops the other factions gets buffed? I dunno, that's my opinion.

pada said:
Main issue I'm seeing is nords hitting swadia with 800-1200 troops, and swadian garrisons seem around 2-400 in the big cities. maybe on game start garrisons should be higher. I'm suspecting maybe a swadia bug, I have yet to see swadia marshal an army and move in force together, rhodock nord seem fine, unsure on other factions. i wonder if there is a way to prioritize a forced defense...or faster recovery recruitment if one faction is being wiped. perhaps swadia stuck in middle is simply in a bad place.
Weak garrisons is a problem with just about every faction. They never or very rarely have troops above tier 4. And yes, swadia gets destroyed every single time because of its central location, all of the lords probably got captured.

Think Ragnar and Graveth need a nerf to their army sizes. They grow absolutely out of control, and the nords especially just become an unstoppable force conquering all. Rhodoks are too safe all game, graveth just bolsters their monstrous defenses.
I’m tired of games being super predictable. Swadia, sarranids, and Vaegirs ALWAYS get obliterated by other factions, leading to a power struggle between the other 3. Rhodoks are always the last ones standing when I start my own faction.

I'm lacking the option of donating troops to caravan from mods like TLD. I don't like the caravans from my city getting plundered by random 60+ size bandit group. Currently i have to follow a caravan and wait till it gets attacked by bandits to give them troops by releasing them from my party so adding a direct option in the dialouge menu wound be nice

Back
Top Bottom