Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

problem is with the kids that time goes quite slowly in mount and blade. I mean if i made my wife pregnent the day i married he/she would be like 2 months now.

Hey, I know this sounds a little off topic, but I have noticed that in the first post where you list the suggestions you thought helpful, some of them are a single word that i don't really know what it is about. I really would appreciate it if you can provide those suggestions with the link that directs users to the very post that describes it.  :grin:

I been playing warband for awhile and i always end up getting on too  much of a good side with whatever king i ally myself with (renown + personal rep with king are both too high), he makes me the marshall and refuses to support anyone but me no matter how many times i decline the "honor".  :roll:

This caused my faction to come to a standstill since noone but me was able to siege any other areas due to the fact that lords never siege unless on a campaign.  :evil:

Can you create the option of recommending another lord and use persuasion + reputation + honor + renown factor in whether the king would take your advice and support the nominee. I like having NPC marshalls siege castles cuz of the free troops they garrison.  :cool:

Another thing you can add to this mod (WARNING MIGHT REQUIRE HUMONGOUS AMOUNTS OF WORK i dun really know.)

Since usually the king rules the land i was wondering if u become king might u be able to change the type of ruling.

Implementing new systems can be picked as an option for rulers which takes a few weeks to solidify ingame.

One of the system (lets just call it democracy for now) the king no longer gets a final vote on land awarding, the lord that gets the most votes from other lords will immediately get it. Tie between 2 lords will result in a duel (Auto resolve if between 2 AI lord)

paradoxis,

Try using the edit button. lol

Great Mod. The Diplomacy addition has actually got me back into the single player version of the game.

I know you have done a wonderful job of adding in spys to the game.. but what about assassination attempts on powerful lords or rival faction leaders?  That might be too tough to implement but maybe something to ponder over.

If it is too tough to kill/ maybe hire specialized raiding parties that can capture lords at take them out of play for a month or two? 

My suggestion is similar to the bribing of bandits etc, but say i have my own faction and i wanted to be the warlord of forest bandits or mountain bandits etc, so like in the culture change option allow the bandit types to be separate cultures on their own, sure they could be weak and all but for role playing sake  :lol:

could also try getting the old undead models and black night armour from before the original M&B became version 1.0 and forming separate faction again, but only if you want like say an undead culture or so, could do it with the samurai armour too, but they perhaps waver a bit from what this mod's about

SPQR said:
paradoxis,

Try using the edit button. lol

I use separate posts so it makes it clear what each post is talking about since i was talking about 3 different things at 3 different times. :[

Makes it easier for the person to read and less chances of people getting confused if it was all cramped into 1 post.

Another idea is to implement player characteristics at the start. IE. At character creation, some "survey" questions that can identify your player character.

This can cause certain AI Lord types to treat you differently.

E.g. Your choices ended up being very martial and pitiless. People like Count Harringoth will start off with more relation with you?

I know i have been making a lot of suggestions in a short time but ideas have been flowing and i hope these can be implemented to make games more enjoyable.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,120860.75.html

This whole business venture thing should be added in.
It's apparently easy to do, and it's more or less been worked out.

Edit:  And then they did it in an official update :grin:
Yay for the devs!

hmm I wish if I could attack a castle or a town without raid their caravan or raid the villagers xD =o 

heh I also wish if there'll be a bandit's castle or something (maybe with a village or not) so I could get a castle without getting it from the kingdoms xD lol and start organize my troops there ;p   

markik,

Nice little find you have there.. I did not even know that existed in the native game... sounds like it is an easy tweak with the text file..but it may complicate Diplomacy code down the road.. i would be interested in hearing how it works out for ya.  If no problems maybe he will implement it into this awesome mod he has provided the community. :wink:

Aluciz,

ya, I know what ya mean. I wish there was a way to attack a small bandit lair or build an initially fortification to allow for your build up and staging area to facilitate future operations. That would be soooooo Clutch!

Two ideas:
Somehow you could take over small towns from other factions/vassals in your own faction by either getting them to like you enough and somehow revolting against him (if they do not like him enough as their leader). Could be seen as an act of war (if not in a war with them), provocation (maybe not liked by your king) and/or getting a bad relationship with the vassal plus the king wouldn't like that you do this to your own faction.

Having the possibility to ask your king to be at peace with a faction that you are in a war with, a trading agreement and/or a truce.
It should be like ask him to go to war, just the opposite. They could be too strong instead of too weak. Sometimes the king has gone to war with too many factions, an option would then be that we are to few/weak to fight this many factions

Possibilty or Nationadepending change of a culture for a village.

For example: Your Culture is vaegir or custom, and your Kingdom owns a village in sarranid territory, that you can recruit your own culture troop and not Sarranid.

Also, lords only ask for you to train the highest meele troops. Why not second highest and archers? Would be more fun with the variety

How about random events requiring your decision that influence the moral, popularity, honor, renown, wealth, and relationships?

I would like to have the possibility to give away an owned fief to an other vassal for higher relation and also when the lords are thinking about whom to give a newly taken fief, would be more diplomatic to suggest whoever you wanted

Now we that we only talk about diplomacy.. how about using our wifes to do more then just arranging feasts and sutch... mabe even give som boost points "like in taxes oor defence" when she is in a certan castel or city... and use her more in faction strategy... maybe even giv her som "tavrenmaiden goosip" like when you speak with a bartinder.

the holle ideer is to make more use of her... now that she is in the game any way....

If you could, maybe make the "best around" patrol a little bigger and more expensive then the big Patrol. maybe have them with maybe the best in all of the tiers. like if you were Vaegir, the best around patrol would have enough troops to match a small lords army, around 60-95 troops, with maybe a mix of Veagir Marksmen, Veagir Guards, and Veagir Knights, etc... This is because i found a major advantage over lords, if your town/castle is besieged you can go there (so long as you own it) and send out around 15 Big Patrols and bam your all set, so long as its not a campaign against you you should be fine. I love this mod and all features its just the patrols and recruiting of lords is a bit complicated. The Lords are anyway, the patrols are just a tad bit small however. Maybe up the sizes in general?

Back
Top Bottom