Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Disregarding the trollish side of Shostakovich's post, I agree 100% that there should be a good musket era SP mod. I cannot find one for the life of me, short of 1812 SP port by a few 3rd party developers.

Perhaps taking this mod in a different direction than all of the other multiplayer-only musket era mods would be a good thing?

Splintert said:
Disregarding the trollish side of Shostakovich's post, I agree 100% that there should be a good musket era SP mod. I cannot find one for the life of me, short of 1812 SP port by a few 3rd party developers.

Perhaps taking this mod in a different direction than all of the other multiplayer-only musket era mods would be a good thing?
you should buy with fire and sword

Splintert said:
I'm not spending money for something that's 100% possible in a mod, not to mention the lack of post-release support by the developers.

sorry if i am going to be a bit off topic, but heres my post in a nutshell

WFaS, a nice standalone modification of warband with many new features in both multiplayer and singleplayer, costs only $9.99,and you can also pick it up for 2.49(like what i did) or for 4.99 on steam sales which is pretty low, compared to warband's price (19.99) take in mind that warband IS ALSO 100% MODDABLE FROM WFAS, and the price is also good compared to NW which is only Multiplayer. I also heavily doubt that any Warband mod that includes both single and multiplayer can reach the quality of With fire and sword. WFaS is pretty much underrated.

Splintert said:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195571.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,235221.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186724.0.html

These are SP musket mods. Last one is about to get realeased in a couple of weeks, The two others is still under development.

EDIT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjcfEBmoQ4&feature=relmfu

How about adding that reloading animation?

Are you going to make new Items or replace the old ? Because some items are very strange, for example the austrian grenadier hat.
I just model and texture a new one just for fun in some minutes and it looks better.  :grin:

And what about the normal map for the textures, I dont know if you know what I mean. But the normal map is missing for the most of the textures.

Also you should add new banners and historical faction banners.

edit: And the faction "Hanover" didnt exist in this time, it was just the inofficial nickname of the "Electorate of Brunswick-Lüneburg".

KArantukki said:
edit: And the faction "Hanover" didnt exist in this time, it was just the inofficial nickname of the "Electorate of Brunswick-Lüneburg".

I agree with that.

As I stated, I am not trying to make a historically accurate mod, I really just wanted tricornes  :smile:

As for the models. Yes, I plan on both adding new models and replacing old ones. If you say you made a model that's better than a current one, I'll gladly take it and put it in the next patch.

Quoted from Known Bugs Thread:
When reloading, you freeze after the animation. This is due to the animation going faster than the actual reload speed. This calls for an entirely new reload animation. I am fixing it, but it won't be instant.

We're working on it, next patch most probably.

damonkey said:
Quoted from Known Bugs Thread:
When reloading, you freeze after the animation. This is due to the animation going faster than the actual reload speed. This calls for an entirely new reload animation. I am fixing it, but it won't be instant.

We're working on it, next patch most probably.

How long to the patch would you say? :grin:

Edit: Suggestions, lower the Accuracy of the pistol and add accuracy to the musket. Also lower it's damage (The pistol).

I think you should add the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth to Shot and Shell.Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth was one of the biggest and one of the most powerful factions in XVIII and  XVIII century.Just search on Google about it.

Color_Pinkknight said:
I suggest removing the bayonet from the muskets. That would give the pikemen an increased role to the mod against cavalry.
Thats more of the 1500-1600 century, by the time of this era(1700s)pikemen were more defence against heavy cavalry, but regular hussars would be dealt with bayonets. Personally keep the bayonets but maybe do something to show that the pike is better.

New Player said:
Color_Pinkknight said:
I suggest removing the bayonet from the muskets. That would give the pikemen an increased role to the mod against cavalry.
Thats more of the 1500-1600 century, by the time of this era(1700s)pikemen were more defence against heavy cavalry, but regular hussars would be dealt with bayonets. Personally keep the bayonets but maybe do something to show that the pike is better.

True, but it is one way to increase the usage of the pike :razz:. Moving the mod to NW would make it aviable to make phalanxes with sitting down bracing mode. Making the pike longer than the bayo (quite alot) would give it a much more important role against cavalry :razz:.

you can kneel in this too all they have to do is lengthen and strengthen the pike.
(q is kneel) Besides i play this mod cause I'm not buying a mod like NW.

Back
Top Bottom