Suggestions thread (please don't ask questions here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing that pretty much breaks the immersion (and makes taking good screenshots pretty hard) is the battle morale reports constantly popping up. Like "Ally .... has fled the battle field" or "You have killed x enemies in this battle. Your deeds encourage your men." Could you give us the possibility to turn them off (without turning off battle morale, of course, as this works qiute well, imho.) or at least minimize the messages to say a "."?

If this is possible already, I'm sorry. Please tell me, then.

It is sad, that swedes are excluded from this mod as faction, although they played significant role in Eastern Europe at that period. Of course they had a lot of interstine fights at that time (in that theuy do not differ much from Rus, Poland or other), but also they were uphelding numerous expeditions on mainland states, like wars with novgorodians or attempts to invade livonia. Also, period described in the mod is the time when Birger jarl lived (born 1210), who was one of the most famous swedes from middle-ages history, who more or less consolidated Sweden and started it`s rise to power.

So, leaving the mod without swedes not only makes it way less historical accurate, but also gives less political and warfare challenge - Rus (and other) has no rivals from the North. Considering a lot of complaints about uninhabited heathlands of Rus faction (due to villages/towns balance), it would look much better if Rus was actually divided onto Southern (Kievan) Rus with Poland and Mongols as rivals and Northern (Novgorodian) Rus with swedish and teutonic enemies. That would help to balance powers, add more population to Rus lands and make it closer to historical truth of that unsettling time.

However it's probably too much to ask for, so I'm not expecting it to be taken as real suggestion...

Dankvart said:
It is sad, that swedes are excluded from this mod as faction, although they played significant role in Eastern Europe at that period. Of course they had a lot of interstine fights at that time (in that theuy do not differ much from Rus, Poland or other), but also they were uphelding numerous expeditions on mainland states, like wars with novgorodians or attempts to invade livonia. Also, period described in the mod is the time when Birger jarl lived (born 1210), who was one of the most famous swedes from middle-ages history, who more or less consolidated Sweden and started it`s rise to power.
Swedish and Danish forces are represented by Birger jarl Magnusson, Ulf Fase riksjarl and Hertug Knut Valdemarsen, Hertug Abel Valdemarsen with a group of common scandinavian warriors and knights as a part of Crusaders faction. It's not the best idea to make a lot of game factions in M&B - that's why russians, "crusaders" and pole are represented as united factions with two troop lines (russians) and scandinavian "guests" (crusaders).

And if you are so interested in Swedish history (and if you are Swede) you may help us with swedish battlecries for scandinavian common warriors. We are planning to make swedish and danish battlecries for scandinavian troops as it's made for russian and german troops. PM me if you can help us with battlecries or if you know somebody who can.

I am not swede myself, but I could try and find a swede/dane volunteer to help with battlecries, need to ask some people. I'll message you of course if my search succeeds. 

And yes, I noticed scandinavians as part of crusader faction, which is not very accurate historical-wise. While the danes were more like continental nation who had very strong connections with their neighbours germans and took part in some campaigns (like the Livonian Crusade), and hence could be affiliated to "crusaders", swedes were different.

First of all, they weren't feudal state in common european sense. Second, they didn't share "missionary" goals with european kingdoms who were heavily dependant on popes and their will. Third, they didn't participate in any "official" crusades.

In fact, what is sometimes called "swedish crusades" was nothing more but seizing control over Finland (disregarding of any religious motivation) with consequent border/sea skirmishes with russians, who also had their interests there. Thus their finnish expeditions and attempts to establish an outpost in estonian lands were claims for regional power, their fights with Rus (and particulary novgorodians) had deeper roots. Ever since viking times, when the river route to Black and Caspian seas was found, there was rivalry for trade control. Vikings came to rule slavs, slavs assimilated vikings, swedes raided rus, rus raided swedes, and even lands changed owners again and again.

That's why I believe that placing swedes into crusader faction is historical mistake, while not introducing them to the mod is actual mistake. It's like making game about Great Patriotic War without North Front and Leningrad. Everyone knows it should be somewhere around, but it just is not present. Uncomfortable feeling of puzzle's missing fragment, if you understand what I mean.

And talking about "lot of game factions", I always thought that more factions add more color and challenge to the game, not vice versa. In case of Poland which is quite compact (in game) and hardly dividable I must agree, but Rus is very stretched and covers really large and empty territories. Would it really hurt game balance if making two factions out of it (considering you don't need to do a lot of additional artwork etc)? Same with swedes who could use a lot of fancy items/models from warband (and native too). But I'm afraid it's too late to talk about it on current stage of mod production...

6. Playing this mod for some time now , i was thinking that a good addition to it ( from my point of view ) is having a Hunting wildlife feature . I have read that is has been done somewere . And basically the way i see it is  small party's of Deer, Stags, Wild Boars, or European Bison  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisent , which from my medieval knowledge , was still a prevalent during that time. I have made the this connexion , knowing the story (myth ) of the founding of Moldavia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldavia with is involves such a wild animal , and knowing that Russia, Poland and the easten Europe had a hunting -fur trade culture and also a large population of Bisons and other animals. 
The animals after they are killed would give meat, " beef called in your mod " , meaning fresh meat , and furs . They could be usefull when u are in a siege and would hunt for sustaining your army, or resorting to it and not to plundering villages or buying food from villages. Also reinforcing the roleplayin aspect of a hunter-trapper when u make your character. 

7. Customization of Horse attires.  Knowing that u have the features of Shield Painting , could it be possible to have something that involves the changing  horses clothes colors. Meaning different patern's of saddle's , leather armour, more faction related armour , meaning i could ride an european horse , but i could give it a faction feel to it so it does not feed out-of-place.  ( Asian , my frag , etc , generic , etc ) .  So that stats could be the same but once it is mine to converted in terms of look towards my faction .(another model ).  Also regarding the Andalusian Horse ( which has a hi-status in real life and in the game ) , an alternative to it could be for this the Akhal-Teke ( Turkoman Horse , presumed the Catapract Horse ) also a high status house ( or super-horse ) . A very fast horse .

My suggestions

-add more weapons like different crossbows.
-no mod done this yet, being able to damaged more then one person at the same time. With sword or Axe, melee.
-add catapults and such.
-add more fractions
-guards attack you if you kill one of them

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stuff I found that i don't like
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-some troops in Kiev don't patrol right, jest walking into a wall.
-i can walk a trough Russian part of the map and not get attacked. To little bandits.

Sidus Preclarum said:
panzermaster said:
-no mod done this yet, being able to damaged more then one person at the same time. With sword or Axe, melee.
Yeh. Right. In a mod that aims at verisimilitude.

TKing like in Warband MP would be realistic, though.

Regarding the hunting feature which is implemented ( with some issues ) in 1866 .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b41dlZ2677Y&feature=related    the first  part  has some hunting action.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,83855.270.html    screenshoot with bison model from the game.

Probably u are already familiar with this subject , but now more that ever, this feature is starting to make it's way in some other mods . Also, i have come across a screenshot with a pack of deers which i can not track it down. But having encountered it, i have found it as impressive ( from a novelty perspective ) as some of your other features, that do steer  toward atmospheric/ historical gameplay.

9. Regarding the peasans clothes , i wish that the mongols peasant's  in some villages, camps ( not all , cos some are conquered ) would have similar model attires with faction leaders ( which the game possesses) , meaning nomad clothes "The Del" as i belive it is called , but the name could be different in turkic , meaning bulgars, kipcaks , cumans ...etc.  That would give a more faction feel to it.
And that would be a good features to all factions, poles, russians , germans ...etc. Like a traditional costume for every one. I wish i could see the slavs in there beautiful traditional shirts etc. 

Maybe, the ability to have half lords, something like making your companions some kind of troop captains and let them recruit some troops based on your featured kingdom.
And more buildings, more!! more!! more!! like the building management in "Native Expansion".  You actually can make a successful village and easy troops, it's pretty fun in my opinion and usefull...away from that...the mod is brilliant.

Hello.

I'm playing this great mode for 2 days and it is a real joy. I have few suggestions about polish laungage whith is my original laungage.

1. Tarczownic - It isn't a proper spelling should be : Tarczownik.

2. Piechochor Strzelczy, Piechor Strzelczy Ciezkozbrojny - It isn't actually a mistake, but Strzelec Pieszy , Strzelec Pieszy Ciezkozbrojny sounds much better ( As Kusznik Konny - this is the same gramar construct).

3. Every woman in game is "Panna" - which mean she's not maried (Miss I suppose), If some of them have housbad should be call "Pani" (Mistress). But mayby they are all singles I dunno :wink:.

That's all for now I think :smile: .

Skuadak
dzień dobry :smile:
Maybe there will be some changes. But I`m not sure.
Anyway thanks a lot. :smile:

If you find any other mistakes with Poland troops or words or anything, please post a reply here. I will repost it to russian forum.
As I understand there are many problems with Poland faction - no good consultants and most important not much information about that period.

Sure, If find something you will know first  :smile: . I'll  a look for some sources, but it'll take  some time. Except this few small mistakes I haven't notice more of laungage mistakes, warriors sounds are ok as well whith is preety impresive actually. Anyway do swiedania and see you soon :wink:

On the beggining i want to thank You for this mod. You really should be awarded for it.
I have some suggestions:

1) Poland - this faction haven't got any repaintable shields, no weapons (except valashka), which will be typical for this faction. It also should more mail with surcoat types. You could give to players more of this things for faction of Poland. One thing: In poland's armours is one mail and plate armor in red colour and with polish flags on knees. I think you could add some things from swedish mail and plate armour for example shoulder pads  - appearance of polish mail and plate will be much better.

2) Knighthood orders or unique troops and leveling those - in Prophesy of Pendor i saw knighthood orders that they are unique troops and they can be advancing so they are much stronger and powerful. I think this is great idea and if it isn't too hard to do you could place this thing in mod.

3) New fighting moves - I saw i nBritain at War v. 1.0 new moves of our hero, when he fighting. You could insert that in your mod.

4) Stability of the mod - This is the most irritating thing in Yours mod. I know that is beta so I'm waiting for the final stabile version.

5) New quests - Quests are important to player in Yours mod, so I think, You should add more types of quests.

That's all. I hope, that will be usefull for You. Thanks for this awesome mod again.

Best wishes,
Kulfon0801

well I support you on the Poland thing, but the knighthood? well it's an historic mod and I don't think that there were knighthoods.
The new moves well that's optional but I agree whit you that the stability it's necessary and this is a beta so there may be more quests.

You have right with knighthoods - there will be not very historical:/ Bot i think that is able to make some hmm... "extra" unique troops - something like bodyguards or similar troops that can be able to upgreade. That could be one thing in mod, bot i think that weill be to much work for little proce. I'm talking about new buildings in village or castle when you build f. e. a manor. Bot this is only marginal thing.
I'm waiting for next beta or  (i hope so) for the final version.

Best wishes,
Kulfon0801

Back
Top Bottom