[Suggestions Request] Lore Immersive Random Events System

Users who are viewing this thread

Simple event

King Level

A simple message is delivered to you sent from a mysterious enigma who signed it as "The Lady of the Blood Moon."  It says that this woman is trying to stop the Zann Emperor and leads a special troop in the homeland under the Jin Empire.  She asks for money and supplies to help stop the Zann Empire from destroying the land.

Option 1: Read the message and respond by sending money.  -10000 gold, +10 of whatever elite unit Jin has. +25 honor, +4 right to rule, +1 relation Jin Empire

Option 2: Read the message and respond by generously sending money. -25000 gold, +15 of Jin Elite unit, +special Red Moon Halberd, +50 honor, +8 right to rule, +2 relation Jin Empire

Option 3: Read the message and do not reply. -10 honor, -2 right to rule, -1 morale, +1 relation Zann Empire

Simple event.
Any level.

You come across a man who claims himself deserted and are left for dead. He said that he are willing to join your party fpr no wages. His attire was like the assassin of ral'dun. He said that he stole it from them.

Option 1: Let him join. (-15 morale, 5% health left, that night he tried to kill you but unsuccessful. His knife hit your arm.)
Option 2: Let him join, but make him being watched. (+5 morale, that night he leaves you.)
Option 3: Not let him join. (+15 morale, he tried to kill you but your men stop him and killed him.)

Type: (Quite :lol:)Simple

Level: 24+

In a Tavern you see a Desperate Peasant. As you speak to him he tells you about a group of Deserters infesting his village, only showing themselves by night, so that you cannot just go there and kill them, which he already knows you're capable of. You'd have to face them alone and by night...

Option 1: "Just another bunch of criminals to be brought to justice! I'll take care of them!" (+10 morale, +1 honor, +random piece of exquisite food :wink:)

Option 2: "Sounds like a trap! Whoever sent you, go tell him to think about something more intelligent!" (-3 honor)

Option 3: "I'll take it into consideration." (Quest remains available for as long as the 'Desperate peasant' is in town. No changes.)

In the nearby village at Midnight or Late Night...
You are alone but mounted. In the village you find 1 top tier troop, 20 mid-tier troops hiding in different defensive positions waiting for you to attack...
Killing them, you get the loot + the whole equipment of the top-tier troop, +10 morale, +3 honor, +2 pieces of exquisite food, +10 renown, +10 relationship with the village, +3000 EP

After that, the quest is completed and the Desperate Peasant thanks you for your help...

MelanieWard said:
Simple Event

Lord Level

This event triggers only for married male characters!

Your wife says: Darling, what do you think about refurnishing the castle?  I would love new tapestries.

You reply:

1) Sorry, we can't afford that right now.      relation with spouse -1
2) Very well, but don't spend too much.  (-2000 dinars)  relation with spouse +1, gain 1 honour
3) Anything you want, my dear!  Let our castle be the envy of all.  (-6000 dinars)  relation with spouse +3, gain 2 honour, Right to Rule +3

:wink:
I like this one :razz:

ok il use the template for my ideas.

1:
Type: Complex

Level: Any

The event:  a group of Dasuk(may be misspelled) slavers  want to sell you a bunch of their slaves(is it posible to set it so it only trigger if u have good relations with them?)

Option 1:you  buy the slaves(you lose 15 honor and whatever the price to Buy the slaves is)

Option 2: you tell them to go away (u gain nothing)

Option 3:  you kill  them and keep their slaves (it starts a fight against a number of slavers u lose 10 honor but get the slaves without paying if u win)

Option 4 : you kill them all (start a fight against slavers and slaves)

2:
Level: King of Perisno

The event: perisno pilgrims want you to prove that u want restore the kingdom of perisno and bring peace to the land.so they ask you to defeat a random unique character.

Option 1: u refuse to do it

Option 2: you accept the mission

once u defeat the character they asked for some perisno pilgrims join you(maybe make it some perisno pilgrim tree troops up to priest  so its worth doing)

Abot said:
Why would you lose honor for killing the Desouk Slavers? They are a hostile bandit/outlaw party.

u lose honor if u keep their slaves for yourself,the slavery is what makesu lose honor.

Edit :eek:k so both of what i suggested would be complex scripts according to what Something unusual said

Just to clarify,

Simple events are basically split second decisions made on the spot by the player. They will not result in battles/quests/any extra stuff happening on the world map. So for example:
You encounter a group of bandits attacking a farmer.
Option 1: Help the farmer
Option 2: Help the bandits
Option 3: Slaughter them both and take the loot
Instead of helping out bandits by actually playing it out, the player would simply click on the option to "Help the Bandits" and there would be a message saying that the player won. However, the actual battles happening are what complex events are for.

Level: Mercenary Captain

The Event: A man on horseback is spotted riding towards your party. When he arrives, he introduces himself to you as an aide of Augustus Makmix of the Freelancer Guild. He explains that Auggie is in need of a renowned leader to train 5 men for him.

Option 1: Agree to train 5 recruits into infantry (Freelancer outpost becomes visible on map, player must go there, retrieve the 5 (free) men, train them, and return them to Auggie)

Option 2: Agree to train 5 archers into master archers (Freelancer outpost becomes visible on map, player must go there, retrieve the 5 (free) men, train them, and return them to Auggie)

Option 3: Agree to train 5 men at arms into knights (Freelancer outpost becomes visible on map, player must go there, retrieve the 5 (free) men, train them, and return them to Auggie)

Option 4: Decline (no penalty)

The reward will either be one top-tier freelancer unit of the class you trained (foot knight/headhunter /marshal) or a semi-legendary/very powerful weapon of the class you trained (sword/bow/horse).

Sorry for any awkward phrasing, I typed this on my phone :sad:

Complex
Level: Mercenary Captain
Event: Your men report unease as they make their sentry duties at night. Some of them swear they hear terrifying screams in the distance followed up by the howling of wolves.
Option 1:  Bolster the Guard ( -5 morale due to less sleep for the other men.)
Option 2: Tell them to snap out of it. ( Possibly do a persuasion skill check or leader ship check to reduce from a base value of -7.)
Option 3: Go investigate at night fall. ( A group of wolf knights attack you and your sentries as you go investigate.)

Level: Lord
Additional requirements: Participated in a tournament + married

Event:
A disguised messenger from the queen of the faction you are a vassal to appears! The messenger says:
"Her majesty has seen you on the recent tournament and was very fond of you. She sends a request to meet you in secrecy at x (where x is queens location). Now, you must understand, my lord, it is not a request to be refused."

Option 1:
You go to see the queen. And well... have some good time with her. Not like you had a choice...

Option 2:
The king must know! You go to him and tell him about his wife's misdeeds.

Option 3:
Let it blow over. You ignore the message.

Following from 1:
Relation with the queen + 50 and a very nice gift (unique sword maybe?). But... the king finds out! Relations with him -50. The king sends a strong force of elite troops to avenge the dishonour. Also, - 20 honour rating, - 5 relations with all the lords.

Following from 2:
Not like the king is going to like you man... - 10 to relations with him. But, + 30 honour rating. Also, queen is put under close watch, so you are saved from her vengeance. Neutral ending so to speak. 

Following from 3:
Queen is a nasty piece of a hag! She sends professional assassins to make you pay for turning down her generous offer! You gotta kill them off, else the going to wound you severely ( -3 strength and agility). Assassins carry a note that in town y there is a secret stash with the payment they received for the contract on you. Go there and get the money, if you survived the fight.

Complex Event

Event:You and Your party are travelling the woods as you come across a group of Third Legion praetorians being attacked by a local lord

Option 1: Rush to the aid of the praetorians
Option 2: help the local lord defeat the foe
Option 3: leave them be

Option 1:Starts a 4 vs 10 battle against the local lords troops (-20 relations with x lord, gain 10 honor and relations with the third legions increases)
Option 2: +10 relations with the x lord and gain praetorian equipment
Option 3: Nothing happens

Option 1 Countinue: One of the praetorians reveal himself as Octavius, the leader of the Third Legion. As thanks for your help he offers to bring you back to his camp

Option 1a: Accept (+ 20 relations with Octavius and a secret third legion base is discovered on the map)
Option 1b :grin:ecline Nothing Happens

Option 1a: You head to the camp with Octavius, he reveals that he is about to launch a strike on x kingdom and take x castle/town, and found the New Perisnoan Empire. He offers that you join him and he will make you vassal and marshal of the New Empire.

Option 1.a.a: Accept ( Your party and 50 praetorians launch an assault on the fortress. If you win, the Perisnoan Empire is founded, and you become it's marshal and vassal of the realm. You may now also recruit praetorians, auxiliaries and Legion archers.
Option 1a.b: Decline ( Octavius understands your decision. A third Legion Camps is now revealed on the map, allowing you to buy legion Armor, Weapons, Horses and troops.

Here are some events, hope u like them :p

Type:Simple

Level:Any

The event: Your party as stumble upon a wounded steppe urchin.

Option 1: Help the little urchin. (- 5 honor)

Option 2: Leave him be!

Option 3: Take him and ask a ransom to the (random village elder) of his village. (+ 1000 denar, - relation with (the village he was from), -5 honor)

Type: Simple

Level:King

The event: An envoy from your castle arrives.

Envoy: One of the peasants of (town owned by player) has killed a man in (random village, castle, town), we got him in the dungeons. What his your command my lord?

Option 1: Off with his head!!! (+5 honor, +5 relations with (random village, castle, town))

Option 2: Well done, finally some of my peasants show some backbone, reward the good man! (-5 honor, -10 relations with (random village, castle, town), +10 relations with (town owned by player))

Option 3: I have nothing to do with the subject. (-5 honor, -5 relations with (random village, castle, town), +5 relations with (town owned by player)

Option 4: He he's the spawn of Evil!! KILL HIM, AND ALL HIS FAMILY!!!! (-10 honor, +10 relations with (random village, castle, town), -10 relations with (town owned by player))

Level: King

Event 1: As you walk on the road you pass by a blind beggar, do you:

Option 1: Drop some money in his money holder. (+ 1000 denar, + honor/moral, starts event 2)

Option 2: Steal his money holder. (+ 500 denar)

Option 3: Kill the man and still his all his valuables. (+ 3000 denar, - honor/moral/renown)

Event 2: For your suprise the man wasn't actually blind, he was in fact a envoy from the (New Gods/Old Gods). He asks you to go on a quest for him.

Option 1: You accept. (start quest 1)

Option 2: You kill that lunatic and keep on walking. (+ moral, -5 relation with (New Gods/Old Gods))

Option 3: You imprison that lunatic and keep his belongings. (+ moral, +3000 denar, -5 relation with (New Gods/Old Gods)

Quest 1:

Name: The envoy from the Gods.
Description: The envoy from the (New Gods/Old Gods) has asked you to spread his word around the villages near your (player owned town).
Completion requirements: Must talk to 3 village Elders to complete quest. ( a new option will appear on the Elders that says "Spread Faith")
Reward: +5 honor, +30 renown, +5 relation with each village you visited.

Quest 1 event 1: The envoy appears to you once again, he asks you that you go on another quest for him.

Option 1: You once again accept. (start quest 2, gain rewards from quest 1)

Option 2:You ask him to leave and never come back.

Option 3:You imprison the envoy. ( + 1 prisoner (random unit))

Option 4: Ask him for your rewards from the previous quest, and say no. (gain rewards from quest 1)

Quest 2:

Name: The Holy man.
Description: The envoy from the (New Gods/Old Gods) has asked you to find a Holy man, he tells you that he was last seen around (Random Village).
Completion requirements: Find the the village where he his (Random Village near the (Random Village) he was last seen), and tell him about the envoy.
Reward: +10 honor, +10 renown, +2000 denar or -10 honor, +50 renown

Quest 2 event 1:Start a conversation with the Holy man.

Option 1: Tell him about the envoy. ( +10 honor, +10 renown, +2000 denar, start Event 3)

Option 2: Tell him that you are the envoy from the (New Gods/Old Gods). ( -10 honor, +50 renown)

Event 3: The envoy comes to you yet once again. He asks you for a final thing.

Option 1: You accept yet once again. (start quest 3)

Option 2: You send him on his way with a no.

Option 3: You kill the annoying man and keep on with your life. ( + 3000 denar, -5 honor)

Quest 3:

Name: The Lost Sword
Description: The envoy asks you to recover the "Lost Sword" an Artifact lost ages ago of extreme importance, he says it's deep in some bandit lair near (Random Village/Castle/Town)
Completion requisites: Find and defeat all the foes in the Bandit Lair, and recover the "Lost Sword".
Rewards: +5 honor, +50 renown, +10000 denar or -5 honor, +50 renown, "Lost Sword"

Quest 3 event 1: The envoy comes to you after hearing of your success, he asks you for the "Lost Sword".

Option 1: Give him the sword. (+5 honor, +50 renown, +10000 denar)

Option 2: Keep the sword and cut his head with it. (-5 honor, +50 renown, keep the "Lost Sword")

I thought that for the 3rd one the "Lost Sword" could be a 1h sword with good stats has to tempt player to keep the sword.

Hope u guys like it ^^

I'd not expected so many people to suggest complex events, so thanks for that! :smile:
Instead of complex events, I'm thinking of making them full quests given by NPCs.

It's a bit of a waste of time making tons of complex events that will most likely not even be encountered in a game. If I make them quests instead from random people it would be a better idea. Any thoughts on this?

Why+Not+Both.jpg

Something unusual said:
I'd not expected so many people to suggest complex events, so thanks for that! :smile:
Instead of complex events, I'm thinking of making them full quests given by NPCs.

It's a bit of a waste of time making tons of complex events that will most likely not even be encountered in a game. If I make them quests instead from random people it would be a better idea. Any thoughts on this?

Well maybe it's better that way, it's a way to ensure that those quest stay in game and that way probably everyone will be happy. But that's only my opinion

Level: Lord

The Event: Your commander has come to you with a man in chains, he claims the man is one of your soldiers and that he was caught attempting to desert his post. When asked, the man does not deny the charge but claims he only did it because he had received news that his parents had perished in an accident, leaving his younger sister an orphan. He asks that you release him from service so he can return to his home village and care for her.

Option 1: Have the man executed for desertion (gain honor, huge morale loss in your army)

Option 2: Show clemency by having the man arrested instead of killed (small morale loss in your army)

Option 3: Release the man from service and let him return home (lose a large amount of honor, huge morale boost in your army)

Well here are some more, hope they are good enough :p

Event 1: As you walk on the road, one of your soldiers comes to you.

Soldier: Sir may we stop for a while? The men haven't had a good rest for days.

Option 1: You accept your man request and stop. ("Your men feel rested and happy, perhaps hearing your men is good after all." gain moral)

Option 2: You ignore the fool and keep on a forced marched. ("Your men fell tired and restless, they are starting to plot against you certainly." lose moral)

Option 3: You execute the man has an example to other fools. ("I guess this time the fool was I" lose a lot of moral)

Event 1: While on the road your party is ambushed by a group of bandits.

Option 1: Try to flank the bandits. ("They had their fiercest warriors on the flanks, you are robbed of your things", lose moral, lose 5000 denar)

Option 2: Take them head on. ("You kill some of them, and the rest retreat back into the wild", gain moral, gain 1000 denar)

Option 3: Retreat strategically with some of your man, and have the rest of them ambush the bandits. ("They didn't see that one coming, they were all slaughtered.", gain moral/renown, gain 2000 denar)

Event 1: You feel tired and sick, perphaps this all this adventuring has left his scar on you.

Option 1: Go to a doctor and check on your health. ("You feel like never before, although it seems you lost some of the respect of you men." lose moral, +1 STR)

Option 2: Doctors are for the weak, what i need is women!! ("The women have given you strenght back, altough only for a while you still feel sick." gain moral, -1 STR)

Option 3: Ignore it, after all you signed up for this. ("Your condision is visibly worse, even you men ask you to go to a doctor." -2 STR, lose moral)

Gonna keep thinking on some more  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom