Suggestions (Poll added info at page 18)

what time will we focus egypt on

• Ptolemaic dynasty 323-30 bc

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 19th Dynasty 1292 to 1187 BC

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dion/Folcwar said:
Daethikus said:
Well, right and wrong, if I use ALL Hoplites, I can wreck Rome (Hold position, Stand closer x2) but if I just spectate, let the Romans and Greeks go at it 20 vs 20, the Romans win 4/5 times, might have just been the map or something else, but it seems like the Romans do have better gear.
He was talking about the mp, player vs player.

The bots in sp, rome is indeed a bit strong :razz:.
But can still be beaten by a good line of soldiers supported by some good archers and cav.

Oh! Woops, haha sorry xD

What i would like to see, would possibly be Ptolomaic kingdom, and Seleucid empire, both would be Macedonian influenced, but have native troops

not quite edumacated in the Seleucid empire, but Ptolomaic could have Jewish Spearmen, and Machimoi

locoace said:
What i would like to see, would possibly be Ptolomaic kingdom, and Seleucid empire, both would be Macedonian influenced, but have native troops

not quite edumacated in the Seleucid empire, but Ptolomaic could have Jewish Spearmen, and Machimoi

Don't worry - they're on the "to-do" list  :wink:

I really need to get to work on finding them cities and the like. Ptolemies are fairly easy to do, but there were other, smaller kingdoms that kind of broke up the Seleucid empire, or at least encroached on its borders, and I'm not sure what we'll do about those areas just yet.

Windbusche said:
Stop multiposting everywhere. There's a bloody edit button for a reason.

Secondly, in multiplayer? Yes, it has to do with strategy, if you can't beat Rome right now? You suck. Sorry to say it.
I don't play singleplayer, however, so judge for yourself.

And regarding the post that shouldn't even be there, the one above the one you JUST made, this is NOT Rome at War, nor will it EVER be, I hope, anyway. This mod is different for the sake of balance and fun, unlike Rome at War's need to be historically accurate. Stop comparing the two.

EDIT: See? This button? It exists.
The part about comparing this to Rome at War? Yeah, that wasn't just aimed at you, it was aimed at everyone else saying 'omg plz add RaW class system plz' and to that I say **** no. Nobody wants to have to sort through a ton of classes trying to decipher what each one means, and then go through the equipment of each comparing it. Just make 3 broad classes. That's literally all you need. Maybe a fourth for a special class, like Carthage's Elephant Rider.
Calm down sir, there is no need for hostilities here.... I simply gave my opinion. Also, just for the record, it's a modify button. It says modify, not edit.

But I kind a agree with him non the less, this is not Rome at War, nor do I want it anywhere near it......

Do not campare this mod with RaW, they are 2 diffrent mods.
The only thing we have in common is roman mod, nothing more.

and now I want no more talk about it.

Also, I was wondering, for the greeks, their foot slot, has "Sandals" and "Greek Boots", the boots are better, but, the sandals actually aren't sandals, they're Proknemes, but Proknemes were made out of bronze, while the Greek boots look like leather. Just wandering if this is intentional or by accident xD

Sir Edwards said:
Just as the roman bronze helmet also looks like leather.  Looks can be deceiving seeing as coloring only shows so much.

Well, those are Proknemes, and I've never heard of leather Proknemes. Either way, since they are obviously a pair of shin greaves, they need to either be renamed, or changed to actually look like sandals.

well I have 0 % clue as to what you are talking about because in the mod I see things that are clearly BOOTS and things that are clearly SANDALS.  Whether or not that is historically accurate is a good question but calling out either as looking like shin greaves is pretty far out there in my opinion.

Sir Edwards said:
well I have 0 % clue as to what you are talking about because in the mod I see things that are clearly BOOTS and things that are clearly SANDALS.  Whether or not that is historically accurate is a good question but calling out either as looking like shin greaves is pretty far out there in my opinion.

Are you kidding? So you call these sandals?
mb1.jpg

Those are totally shin greaves dude  :cool:

Daethikus said:
Sir Edwards said:

mb1.jpg

the definition of an idiot...see how this person cannot understand these are sandals...I mean how stupid can you be?

but an lol after the statement and maybe, just maybe you will understand

Sir Edwards said:
Daethikus said:
Sir Edwards said:

mb1.jpg

the definition of an idiot...see how this person cannot understand these are sandals...I mean how stupid can you be?

Wait.. are you talking about yourself?  :mrgreen:

Daethikus said:
Sir Edwards said:
Daethikus said:
Sir Edwards said:

mb1.jpg

I'm an idiot?  :lol:
If you think those are sandals, you are the idiot dude, sorry.  :roll:
Sandals with some leg armor...

DumbMan900BC said:
Daethikus said:
Sir Edwards said:
Daethikus said:
Sir Edwards said:

mb1.jpg

I'm an idiot?  :lol:
If you think those are sandals, you are the idiot dude, sorry.  :roll:
Sandals with some leg armor...

Which are Proknemes. I'm not trying to be a ****, I don't see why everyone is trying to prove me wrong or whatever, I mean, sure hes wearing sandals, but also has a shin greave, which is a Proknemis.

Back
Top Bottom