Suggestions (Poll added info at page 18)

what time will we focus egypt on

• Ptolemaic dynasty 323-30 bc

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 19th Dynasty 1292 to 1187 BC

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a suggestion which might improve the appearance of the Scythians a bit.

Brytenwalda has a clothing item called a Warrior Jacket which resembles a Scythian jacket. Perhaps if you asked nicely the Brytenwalda team would let you use them. Equpping Scythians with this item, along with a Khergit nomad hat and hide boots, would be a great improvement over those awful ones you have at the moment.

Just a suggestion and I'll try to get an image of the item I'm talking about.

Ok, well yeah, show me the item first please.

edit@
I do not think they look awfull, Not historicall. But they look awsome even though they don't really fit with scythia.

The Warrior Jacket.
2012122400005.jpg
2012122400004.jpg
2012122400003.jpg
2012122400002.jpg
Compare with
scythians2.jpg

scythianfootarcherva0.jpg
They are fairly similar. Although still far from perfect, if you were to combine these with nomad caps then you would get some half decent Scythians. Until you find a modeler who can make some actual Scythian items these should do.
Of course this is just my opinion so feel free to ignore this if you don't agree.
Dion/Folcwar said:
I do not think they look awfull, Not historicall. But they look awsome even though they don't really fit with scythia.
And forgive me for sounding like an arse but they look dreadful.

My comment went under because the thread got moved, but I have to agree. The Scythians are awful.

There are most probably modders who have released ancient steppe equippment.

In the faction descriptions in the mod description thread we can read (concerning roman infantry) how the romam infantry use javelins, my eyes almost cought on fire when i read this. For the sake of staying true to roman history you should change it to pilum.

As a side note, i am downloading the mod at the present so i haven't played it, but if in game the roman infantry use javelins called javelins and not pilum, then this should also be changed.

Cheers 

matmannen said:
In the faction descriptions in the mod description thread we can read (concerning roman infantry) how the romam infantry use javelins, my eyes almost cought on fire when i read this. For the sake of staying true to roman history you should change it to pilum.

As a side note, i am downloading the mod at the present so i haven't played it, but if in game the roman infantry use javelins called javelins and not pilum, then this should also be changed.

Cheers
They use Pilla,
But these fall under the weapon group javelins.

Many troops seem to have their proficiencies entered incorrectly in module_troops and only have one-handed proficiency. From what I can tell, this makes dismounted Scytian Veteran Archers (mounted or dismounted) the best archers in the game.

If you look at the following in-game screenshots, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Right click -> View Image if they do not fit your browser dimensions.

Germanic Choosen Archer (incorrect proficiency format)
35912371493-orig.jpg

Scythian Veteran Horse Archer (correct proficiency format)
35912404233-orig.jpg

Audustum said:
Many troops seem to have their proficiencies entered incorrectly in module_troops and only have one-handed proficiency. From what I can tell, this makes dismounted Scytian Veteran Archers (mounted or dismounted) the best archers in the game.

If you look at the following in-game screenshots, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Right click -> View Image if they do not fit your browser dimensions.

Germanic Choosen Archer (incorrect proficiency format)
35912371493-orig.jpg

Scythian Veteran Horse Archer (correct proficiency format)
35912404233-orig.jpg
Was already Reworking the Stats, So do not worry, Will be changed for next patch.

:shock: wow. this was such an amazing mod. really. I love the roman age and you guys nailed it accurately. I really hope you plan to work further on recreating this ancient world. I would be willing to donate and do whatever. I have the a few suggestions:

1. Getting the armor from rgcotl Rome V1.00 pack. I think it would be really cool to add these classic designs
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216238.0.html

2. Change the time.
As great as this age is, a good idea for an update could be  the setting of 58 B.C. This would give you the opportunity to recruit legionaires and conquer the world. They could be in groups of fifty with a standard bearer. (Btw really great banners. The best Roman banners I have seen!!! :grin:). This time is far more interesting especially if you add more factions. I'd love to research. I would love to see Egypt added. 

3. Realistic Trade and Diplomacy
The more Rome expands, the more obvious the benefits from those expansions should be. These could be trade benefits, higher senator and consulship salaries and prosperity, as well as the ability to reason with foreign defeated vassals for money deals rather than military stationing.  For example, instead of trying to make money it would be more interesting if we could talk/coerce foreign leaders to fund your military by giving you money.

4. Realistic Roman Senate
I'm quite sure this could take the game to next level. Rome is not an autocracy ruled by one man. It is a republic full of senators and senate commissioned military leaders. If we cannot structural build a senate house let there be a panel in the game where can vote on issues I have a design for a senate which I could later talk about.

5. Have the ability to enlist in different armies  and fight naval battles.

Thats all for now. Again I would love to detail my idea of the senate. Thank You so much for creating such a fantastic mod.

Allright, I tried this a bit yesterday, and I have already a few things to say:
  • I wasn't able to enter the world map in Greece, for some reason. There was no option to travel into Greece after you made your character.
  • The 2nd Roman troop, "Roman Town Watch" is typoed to "Roman Towm watch. It's a minor thing, but it catched my eye.
  • The Greek Toxotai should be named Toxotes, Roman Triarii should be Triarius and the Greek Epilektoi should be Epilektoi Hoplite.

aderemi123 said:
:shock: wow. this was such an amazing mod. really. I love the roman age and you guys nailed it accurately. I really hope you plan to work further on recreating this ancient world. I would be willing to donate and do whatever. I have the a few suggestions:

1. Getting the armor from rgcotl Rome V1.00 pack. I think it would be really cool to add these classic designs
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216238.0.html

2. Change the time.
As great as this age is, a good idea for an update could be  the setting of 58 B.C. This would give you the opportunity to recruit legionaires and conquer the world. They could be in groups of fifty with a standard bearer. (Btw really great banners. The best Roman banners I have seen!!! :grin:). This time is far more interesting especially if you add more factions. I'd love to research. I would love to see Egypt added. 

3. Realistic Trade and Diplomacy
The more Rome expands, the more obvious the benefits from those expansions should be. These could be trade benefits, higher senator and consulship salaries and prosperity, as well as the ability to reason with foreign defeated vassals for money deals rather than military stationing.  For example, instead of trying to make money it would be more interesting if we could talk/coerce foreign leaders to fund your military by giving you money.

4. Realistic Roman Senate
I'm quite sure this could take the game to next level. Rome is not an autocracy ruled by one man. It is a republic full of senators and senate commissioned military leaders. If we cannot structural build a senate house let there be a panel in the game where can vote on issues I have a design for a senate which I could later talk about.

5. Have the ability to enlist in different armies  and fight naval battles.

Thats all for now. Again I would love to detail my idea of the senate. Thank You so much for creating such a fantastic mod.
Some of these idea are possible.

But not the time.
It would force us to take out Carthage. and I will not just change a time limit os that roman can have thier Heavy Shizz. xD

jepekula said:
Allright, I tried this a bit yesterday, and I have already a few things to say:
  • I wasn't able to enter the world map in Greece, for some reason. There was no option to travel into Greece after you made your character.
  • The 2nd Roman troop, "Roman Town Watch" is typoed to "Roman Towm watch. It's a minor thing, but it catched my eye.
  • The Greek Toxotai should be named Toxotes, Roman Triarii should be Triarius and the Greek Epilektoi should be Epilektoi Hoplite.
Well, I knew about the first 2 things.
The 3rd will be fixed.
Thank you for saying.

• Shouldn't it be Chosen Warrior instead of Choosen?
  • The tournaments could use reworking, making them more Brytenwalda-style. Having horses and lances in a tourney during that era seems odd.
  • Having regional items for sale would make the gameplay so much better.?
  • A lot of items shouldn't be used on horseback.?

You can't really see any of the menu options because of the same loading-menu image.

Also, the Britons are currently ruled by King Yaroglek and all it's vassals are Boyars.

Jock said:
  • Shouldn't it be Chosen Warrior instead of Choosen?
  • The tournaments could use reworking, making them more Brytenwalda-style. Having horses and lances in a tourney during that era seems odd.
  • Having regional items for sale would make the gameplay so much better.?
  • A lot of items shouldn't be used on horseback.?
Choosen sounds cooler.

Tournemnts, We are working on that.

I will have a look in to the Regional Items thing.

and I know about the Horse back.\

and about the lords, also are bieng renamed for next version.

Back
Top Bottom