[Suggestions] Implement Crouching

Users who are viewing this thread

W

it happens passively. The current patch just has a huge turn limitation on it. If you turn your horse at all, it kicks you out of couch lance mode.

Seawied86 said:
W

it happens passively. The current patch just has a huge turn limitation on it. If you turn your horse at all, it kicks you out of couch lance mode.
:lol: Are you one of those who calls using a lance on horseback crouching? This guy is talking about cRRRouching, not couching.

Human-Skeleton-Lateral-View-In-Crouching-Posture,-From-The-Series-A-Comparative-Anatomical-Exposition-Of-The-Structure-Of-The-Human-Body-With-That-Of-A-Tiger-And-A-Common-Fowl.jpg

They already made the animations, now they only have to add support for different walk cycle animations. That would help a lot for modders as well, think of creating zombie walk animations or animals walking on 4 legs.

Mmh, I remember there's a crouching animation in the game files, so I guess they plan to implement it.

I hope they add it in. It'll open up new ways for M&B modding (like making new walking animations for different races) but also some tactic.

For example, you could crouch behind a pavise shield to block enemy arrows, or archers could hide in the bushes, etc etc.

I only see it being useful if you're trying to stand behind cover, and I see it being a complete nuisance in melee combat. Right now there are people who jump and dodge, imagine the people who will jump, land, strafe, crouch, strafe back, jump, land, crouch, strafe, jump, land, strafe back, crouch...

Poor ****in' archers.

One way it would be exceptionally useful is when taking cover vs long range archers (i.e. ducking behind a wall).  I also agree with Marnid, it should not be used at all in melee combat, would really mess things up.  But, it would also help to cover the head with shields--I can see people getting really low to the ground and holding their shields over their heads so they do not get head shot going into village center tower. I believe should be fixed anyways...  There is no reason most shields could not be held above the head, even if only for a short time.

Ultimately, reason for implementation: ability to duck behind cover where you would otherwise stand there and unrealistically get shot (unable to crouch somehow?).  As far as other possibilities of cRouching, I would have to say as of right now they are, and should be rather limited.

We have the choice of limited crouching, aka just when standing still........... and getting in the entire FPS problems(100% crouched running anybody? Random crouching to avoid headshots? Etc)..........

Back
Top Bottom