Suggestions & Feedback from a Youtuber - MayorceteGamingTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Revan Shan

Grandmaster Knight
Hi there. Some of you might know me as Revan Shan, oldfag user here in Taleworlds. Responsible for Star Wars Conquest, leader of Hiridia and Warhammer 40K: Galactic Glory, and proud exmember of the Europe 1200 dev team. Surprisingly enough I was also the responsible for the official trailer for the original FULL INVASION mod. Well, I return to the forums in order to provide both feedback and suggestions. You should know that I'm the owner of MayorceteGamingTV, channel from where I promote games and mods of any kind in Spanish. It's the biggest Spanish channel uploading videos and streams of Warband modifications. Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/MayorceteGamingTV . This intro was necessary, as all what I'm about to talk about comes from my experience playing in large battles with my own subscribers.

MY STORY with FULL INVASION
I'm a real fan of the first Full Invasion. To me it was a perfect and a really round game. It had few but really interesting factions + some awesome and fun maps. I feel it was oriented to a small number of players, which made it an awesome modification for it to be played online. I mean... you didn't need 50 people to enjoy it. The game was really well polished and with further work it could have made it into an independent game. It's a shame that I can't find original Full Invasion servers no more, but well, that's what made me try Full Invasion 2.

MY STORY with FULL INVASION
1 year ago I downloaded it and didn't work. End of the first part of the story.
Now, 2 days ago I decided to uninstall GTA in order to have free space to download other games and mods. Then I decided to give Full Invasion 2 a try and started a stream. I started to love it more and more, and my public loved it as well. After playing 2 hours or so I starded a second stream, and went live for more than 7 HOURS!!! It was fascinating. Over 700 people watching at the same time and up to 60 playing with me on the same server. A lot of people found about this mod and liked it. The variety of scenarios and factions is simply insane, and I could just go and stream this **** for my entire life!!! My subs love Star Wars, LOTR, Warhammer and Warband. Now... you mix that and what do you get? Full Invasion 2!!

WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAY?
I took 60 of my people and we went to protect the entrance of Minas Tirith. Part of my subs went as personal guard while others worked near the walls. I could command the whole battle and it went really epic and crazy. 2 survivors fought the orcs up to the palace and ended up commiting suicide like Denethor XD The resulting stream was AWESOME. We tested the Star Wars sides and fought in the Pelennor fields with Arnor cav. In the end I took command of 50 imperial guards and we fought the Warcraft (?) orcs till the end. AWESOME, REALLY AWESOME. So... I'll work on a hell lot of new streams of this mod, I can tell you that. BTW, we also made a perfect shieldwall like the 300, but I still want to find those Mumakil.
> Full Invasion 2 is not like Full Invasion, but has a great esence and is really commercial. People love it and I got to love it too.

WHAT I MUST TALK ABOUT & BUGS
- LOADING PERIODS ARE INSANE. I know the mod has a lot of content but... omg.
- CRASHING sometimes when entering a server, changing map or randomly while playing. It occurs once an hour or so?
- There are like 5 HORNBURG MAPS out there and it's really confusing. Please leave just one and make it complete and perfect/ delete the rest (and make each torch on the walls use real fire)
- 300 ESPARTANS' maps. The same. There are too many and it's again, confusing. I suggest to have a good Thermopilae map and delete the rest.
- Nobody cares about the CALRADIAN FACTION
- Was it my imagination or the P90 didn't use the ammo?

BIG SUGGESTIONS
- We need an ALIEN invasion faction. Tyranids/zerg/xenomorph type. Do it! DO IT NOW!! (Arnold Quote) - Perhaps you could use models from the Fallout 40K Enclave Commander mod!
- STARSHIP TROOPERS playable faction.
- SUPERHEROS playable faction with Marvel/DC stuff. Battarangs, baseball bats, crazy costumes and powers XD
- STORMTROOPERS invasion faction. Yeah. I would love to go Imperium of Man vs Star Wars stormtroopers.
- TRAITORS invasion faction. Soldiers from chaos of the 40K universe. - I let you use my skins from Andreus AS' models from my mod 40k: GALACTIC GLORY, though I might have to reupload the mod again (I think the link was broken).
- 40K maps. The same. I let you use the props from my mod, go ahead.
- More LOTR factions and maps based on THE HOBBIT. Erebor an so on!
- The MINES OF MORIA
- Warhammer Fantasy maps. Mordheim? Altdorf? Ubersreik (Warhammer Vermintide)? Vampire Counts/Bretonnian based maps?
- I see you will be including THE EMPIRE and CHAOS as factions. Well, the more factions from WH Fantasy the better! Keep it up!
- STAR WARS oriented maps. Coruscant, Yavin IV, Korriban, Tatooine. Those could do great and the last 3 shouldn't be difficult to bring to life.
- More SKINS for the IMPERIAL GUARD of the EMPIRE OF MAN. I did a hell lot for them on Galactic Glory, so feel free to introduce Tallarn and other korps.
- Change the random playable Empire from Full Invasion 2 to the more polished and cool Empire from Full Invasion 1. BTW, it is nonsense to keep the Empire you have with Renaisance archebusiers when you already have The Empire from Warhammer and the 16 Century men. Take out the Calradian faction (it's boooring) and replace it with the good old Kingdom faction from Full Invasion 1. That would kick ass.
- The Elder Scrolls and Fallout content. If there is anything you can borrow from other mods aout there... you need it. The more the better!
- New playable/invasion historical factions: Ancient Egypt, Iberians, Hittites? + IMAGINE CHARRIOTS - The Hegemony mod and others should have plenty of this sh*t
- The macedonians were a playable faction on Full Invasion 1. Why have they disappeared? I mean, I think that's part of the little problem with FI2, that it looks like somth else rather that a big epic expansion for FI1. It would be nice to have them back.

And I think that's all for now. Anything else I could ask for would be crazy stuff. Some of my subs are asking for "flying units" (nazguls and dragons" but... hahahaha you can guess that would be a pain in the neck in what it comes to modding. And... yep. I will keep making your community to grow I guess with these streams. Keep it up!!

FIRST STREAMS (SPANISH)

Hello, glad you enjoy the mod :smile: As for the load times and crashing please see this thread for tips on how to prevent/diminish that.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fullinvasion2/discussions/0/365163686082066088/

usnavy30 said:
Hello, glad you enjoy the mod :smile: As for the load times and crashing please see this thread for tips on how to prevent/diminish that.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fullinvasion2/discussions/0/365163686082066088/

hahaha So the answer to all this is disable stuff from the game...? Come on... XD

Revan Shan said:
hahaha So the answer to all this is disable stuff from the game...? Come on... XD
Well Full Invasion 2: Amber is testing the game engine to and above it's limits. If nothing else, please enable Load Textures on Demand and Use Pixel Shaders in the pre-game Configure menu if you have not done so already. That should help with the load times. For me, doing this, plus disable sound variation has improved performance and I hardly, if rarely ever crash now. I have heard that opening the Options menu in-game and closing it will somehow help with the FPS performance. Not sure how it does that but it seems to have a positive effect.

As for suggestions, pitch them on this discussion thread.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fullinvasion2/discussions/0/405692224244599818/

Back
Top Bottom