Suggestions about game mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

Harems would be very unbalanced.  Wives are immortal companions.  Their stats may not be superb, but they are certainly serviceable.  In my most advanced play-through, my wife is a devastating level 24 spellcaster, with archmage gear and 10s in Magic Power, Magic Resistance, and Training.  Now imagine 20-30 of these.

In any case, in most polygamous societies, women have little power outside the household, and even inside the household, all but one or two are little more than slaves.  Kind of hard to pull off in a world, like the one in this mod, where magic exists, and genders are pretty much equal in physical prowess (as a matter of fact, female players are plain better, but I assume that's an oversight)

If you actually have enough money and time to grind and equip 20 high level mage companions, you've already won. That's 73,000 per set of archmage gear, not counting the costs of making them into mages.

If you're able to sink 1,460,000+ into this magical wife army, you've earned your success.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
If you actually have enough money and time to grind and equip 20 high level mage companions, you've already won. That's 73,000 per set of archmage gear, not counting the costs of making them into mages.

If you're able to sink 1,460,000+ into this magical wife army, you've earned your success.
1,000,000 is chicken feed in v150.  I expect it to be harder in newer versions, but not much harder.

As for the grind, you'd be surprised how quickly your wife levels when you have a dozen Training 10 mages before you get married.  In that play-through, most of my companions were level 25 by the first game year.  Some mages were level 29.  I only use mortal troops for campaigning, and even then, not always.

------------

And to be honest, I do not think that GSander even gives all that many benefits to Magic Power 20+ mages (15 from basic Magic Power, and then all the archmage/elven tiara bonuses)

I bothered equipping my companions with magic gear, but it is certainly not required.  Religious fanatics drop perfectly fine gear for equipping combat companions, and the numerous Mageocracy deserters (and drow raiders, and shadow wizards, etc.) allow you to equip your mages quite well. 

Hey suP?
Ive been reading a novel (Monach of evernight) with a vamp mc, properly made are rare but this one is kinda chinese but thats beside hte point. So reading had me thinking about your (gsanders) idea of removing demons and replacing them with vampires, and i was going over the 155 verison and up, thinking this is no longer the old phantasy nor phantasy 2018 but more like gsanders phantasy so why not add vampires like you wanted and say bye bye to the almost useless demons( sob for the balrog sword).

So the idea is that vampires would have growth stages and gain difrent abilities and be able to use health to cast unique spells and regen helth by damaging the enemy with said spells or/and have an inate effect of the vampire sowrd on every weapon they wield(mele)

As for growth it should be a combination of levels and eating/sacraficing prisoners. The player should be the only vampire on the map with maybe the ability to turn lords or companions to vampires wich would be a stage below his, and turn prisoners in to troops from the vampire troop tree (Make it cost like 2k xp or something per head) Maybe boss type vamp that will hunt the player down when he reaches level 25 or something and when the player kills him he would gain the ability to rank up to the last stage and the player gains a base or cave.

Since the player is a vampire nad they are mostly considered undead they should be taged aproprietly, and be able to learn necromancy to 4

On the nore of necromancy and classes I dont like them much, true they make the game more interesting due to restrictions and gives it a better replayebility but it was fun to be a able to be a gamic weilding necromatic priest of doom but hey that just me and necro is mostly for the evil overlord type and free minions.

You could replace the classes with talents or afities or some other fancy word and let it be like a bonus that boosts said class like a berserker will have the strongest berserk there is but a warior with 10 powersrike should have 50 damage bonus below 50% health and +1% for every strentgh but the beserker will have uhhm however much he has. A charecter with bard talent will be better than a charecter without it, a mage talent will have more mana regen and have a bonus magic power for spells like 20% or somethig.

Oh maybe you should replace necromancy with black magic and have necromancy be under that, andmake it harder like needing corpses (morbid i know played too much mount and blade solid and shade) that drop and stack up to 50 after battle, or being looted from graveyards eft after battles or from graverobbing. Then put stuff like chaos, vampiric bold, black bolt and the other negative energy stuff there.

And finaly a solution for most non direct combat players that have a low kill count and thus low level, can you tag troops on the players side during battle to have a 25% chance to give the kill to the player and thus the xp?

And will coding using the WSE be easier or harder cuz i know it has awsome abilities but i never coded more than a math homework calculating algorithum.

All in all this is just as much a sugjestion as it is a rant so just say a word of you want me to brainstorm abilities or somethng.

zecond said:
Hey suP?
Ive been reading a novel [..] with a vamp mc, properly made are rare but this one is kinda chinese but that's beside the point. So reading had me thinking about your (gsanders) idea of removing demons and replacing them with vampires, and i was going over the 155 version and up, thinking this is no longer the old phantasy nor phantasy 2018 but more like gsanders phantasy so why not add vampires like you wanted and say bye bye to the almost useless demons( sob for the balrog sword).

At least this semi-suggestion is exactly in the thread I'd prefer it to be in.
  As for what this mod is these days, it kind of stopped being Phantasy Calradia as Guspav provided it around August 3rd 2017.
I should answer something you said though:
    As you know, I put exactly what he had up to compare it at  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

In brief, it has different bandit spawns, the "close a bandit camp" quests are totally broken for almost all factions, which hangs asking quests, the necromancers are in my opinion *considerably* weaker !!, there is no diplomacy, no working wife as a companion, no prejudice (some argue thats an improvement over 201:cool:, there is no rigale crafting on one hand but also no rigale having to click twice to enter towns/castles and there is no stuck in town.  Map movement seems faster.  There are no working caravans, far fewer kingdom parties (scouts, patrols, foragers), the timers are not optimized, battles will glitch sooner especially with clerics. At first magic users seem improved, in that at lower skill your character can cast missile swarm, but you then start to crash to desktop as throwing accuracy improves.  All the paladin auras cancel each other and there are some 30 second timer expiring crash to desktops.  The economy is greatly changed and it is very difficult to reliably trade. Enterprises pay considerably less.  All of the tournament quirks and bugs are there and money is ridiculous easy to get.  The bank allows borrowing 1 million dinars and never needs paying back.  It is simple to confuse the bank into letting you slide.  Food is consumed faster -- or rather, the portions of a food stack are very small.  There is no morale bonus to drink and food morale is about half as much.  The magic resists / defense of nearly all undead are considerably less leading them to be wiped without effort; the cleric anti-undead does 2x as much damage.  Several spells can be glitched to give 255 ammo count without even being a spell caster; but since there are no lists the excess ammo is removed shortly as every agent is checked for mana and ammo according to that mana (even dead horses!)  Those same spells are refilled each 2 minutes in a siege.  Reinforcements are native; there is no special formations, which might be considered a plus, and there is a working deathcam.  Several weapons and armors have different stats.  There are fewer support troops given to native armies - less clerics.  Blazing hand female troops are not paladins and paladins don't cast anything from horseback.  In fact most cleric spells cannot function if either the caster or target is on a mount.  Charged staves don't work - not for NPCs, not for the player, but if the player tries to charge a staff the spell book expands to 2x normal size and stays that way blocking view for the remainder of your character's time, forever. 

Then there is MISSING: the system for optimizing battles, allowing 2-3 times as many agents in battle without crashing than the code on August 2017.  There is NOT: dynamic magic resist based on what you are wearing, working martial arts, working dodge with cool down timer, working stealth attacks, corrected dialogs for race and gender, a fixed (eventually) family generator that does not marry off orcs to undead or blazing hand when building families nor leave orphans without access to father or brother guardians.  There isn't a fast determination of the material used in gear, a way to add buffs and debuffs to battle without changing stats permanently if someone disconnects from battle by purpose (plug pulling in a single user game).  There is no clean up where dodge cannot work against spells or if stealth attacks happened, or even holding open the damage buff on barbarians.  There is no reaction from normal factions to necromancers, the player is ignored when making a kingdom, you can wash status, relation and honor by enlisting as a mercenary then quitting as often as you can stand.  There is no encumbrance, which some people hate anyway, so your plate wearing troop moves at the same speed as your naked companion.  If any NPC casts dispel magic everyone's haste is stripped, but likewise if even one paladin nearby casts a new aura everyone loses their haste aura buff.  ANY aura...  There were hundreds of little idiosyncrasies that people casually looking at both mods cannot see.  I put the mod up only so that if you REALLY want the truth, you can see for yourself.  It wasn't to embarrass Guspav -- nor to feed my narcissism. It was so that each layer and element of the game can be seen where and who it came from.  Guspav did a hell of a lot to get it started.  It just took 3 years and still could have spent 3 more years.  I've had it exactly 9 months.

There are no troop tree viewers, no "Phantasy Settings", no modmerger system working, reports don't show party buffs for size, certain skills are not party skills, entertainment can glitch, you start with considerably less money, prices tend to be much higher, the cheat menus do about 1/3rd as many functions, most of the cheats while talking are turned off (this is not a bad thing but it made v150 easier to test as a tester when they were on).  There were crashes in certain spells used with mounts, there were crashes from incorrect syntax, there was the famous prisoners leaving issue (yes, from HIS code too), there were plenty of things I took time to solve. That does not say that Phantasy 2018 is NOT a "derivative work", but it sort of is understated just exactly how much of the game changed when the only contact with the mod is a few hours of forum jousting and very little in game time.  There were a great number of tools added mainly for my convenience and for mod makers to tune their own mod (the original purpose was to stress test a portable library of code that was generic to ANY mod, Phantasy Calradia simply needed it more than say Warsword Conquest or my own half baked hybrids).  Some of that tuning would have/may yet benefit Guspav.  Things like watching the party count, examining trade routes (which needed rebuilding), examining prejudice, and even trivial tools like village unloot.  Or spell trace mode.  There are probably hundreds of layered code pockets that the average user never notices.

What else... there are a few issues.  Did I write that layer and earlier?  No.  Guspav put in probably > 2000 man hours.  My code, counting that part I took with me that I earlier developed and shared at Warsword Conquest and elsewhere, is now > 1400 man hours.  I can't say its "MY" mod, I can't say its "NOT MY" mod.  Its a hybrid sub-mod, Phantasy 2018.  Technically neither one of us owns it, and either o us could close it for any reason per Taleworld IP ownership rules.

I'd say I have more of it converted to flush IP that is not clearly mine than Guspav could flush mine at this point, but he could always go back in time and apply just the fixes needed to close his issues.  I certainly would give him darn near anything provided it was not re-given to someone I disapprove of.  If he alone maintained a successor I'd let him use any of the code here for his own use.  Its not like I am vindictive -- he never did anything against me.  I wouldn't be so generous for a replacement I did not personally agree to.

As for vampires, it was something I floated once but there are a number of layers that should be solved besides the elephant "do I want yet another magnet for trouble like necromancers".  I personally find vampires somewhat less disquieting, but it depends how they are presented. I'd expect some would prefer to prey on "evil" people exclusively, to prevent trouble with Celestial Law, but that's a loose concept.  Warband isn't even sure what "evil" is, considering as gospodin Tuidjy once remarked he slaughtered 50K virtual spirits in-game, all in the name of "Good".  And I've sold a few prisoners, hoping it was better for them than execution and maybe they'd get back to their farms where they belong.

There should be both flying and invisibility demonstrated before vampires could be done well. There needs to be a face mask made, which I dont have the art skills for.  I could see an NPC vampire using a zombie skin as a simple way to test them but not as a player offering, with a simple helmet to become a face mask.  That might be a first step.

None of it will happen anytime soon, if ever.  I have other things that have to get done in the immediate future and there is no real long term for me.  I live week to week and can never guarantee I'll be even allowed to code here next week. 
But since you asked...

tnx for the answer, its a pity though. If you had more people to help you it would be one of the top 5 mods but hey it could just wait for bannerlord sicne i tprobably ould be better made for moding and more stable(I hope). Also i played a mod called skilled magic of calradia wich hasa uniques magic system you look at it or better yet playe it a bit, might help relax you or give you some nice ideas.

Sort of awkward to find a place to put this that won't cause trouble, but its been a 9 month tradition to have at least weekly updates as to what was done this week, if anything, and to notify of patch availability.  Expect a patch at NexusMods in around 6 hours, mainly so something gets out the door.
Yesterday's preview is already a little out dated; but long time followers that actually play the game instead of forums might remember the Phantasy 2018 project has ALWAYS been within a few days of "what I have, you have".  I've paused that only when ill or confronting a huge problem with the code, and I feel it is one of the dubious strengths --- you don't HAVE to patch, but if you don't ever patch, it is pointless to ask for fixes.  Most mods nod their heads with sympathy then wait months to patch; at least some things get fixed on a very tight turn around.  This one I happen to have played extensively and made changes incrementally.  Crafting may be the most boring thing you can think of, but at least its not mass murder. i suppose that's exactly why some people like it and some hate it.  Regardless, I'm of the opinion if you cant make it, it probably shouldn't be sold at 4-ways inn, and it should be more difficult to hunt it down.

So anyway, here's the link for this evenings v156 B5 build's notes:
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,332197.msg8967514.html#msg8967514

The location is not hidden, top secret, or somehow staged to make a fight -- it's just that some people prefer less reading. They then blow up when they don't understand something.  Fine, its complicated.  It's also a fact, less than 400 people update anyway.  But there were > 20K downloads, and probably every one of them has a very buggy experience, full of problems that were already fixed.  You do the math...

Hey how about you custom troops in a mecenary like band, hirable (and upgradable) from a mercenary captain in four ways inn this way you have both custom troops and kingdom troops (custom troops sould be 5 times the cost to hire and  2 times to mentain).

zecond said:
Hey how about you custom troops in a mecenary like band, hirable (and upgradable) from a mercenary captain in four ways inn this way you have both custom troops and kingdom troops (custom troops sould be 5 times the cost to hire and  2 times to mentain).

Since you asked nicely, I'll mention how I planned it:

Right now v155 uses a Modmerger formatted add-in OSP that makes 3 copies of the empty troop tree, one 7 deep with no branches, one 6 deep with 2 branches, and one 5 deep with 3 branches.  It then makes one for each skin, and ALL of these push down the rest of the troops file, making a v155 save totally incompatible for lords/ladies/companions/etc to be read into a v156 game.  Likewise a v156 save would be heavily trashed if loaded to v155.  Also it seems a great shame to make hmmm {human, elf, drow, dwarf, orc, undead} skins * 2 genders per skin (except undead) so 11 skins times 3 troop trees and then finally only use 1.  Very sad waste.  But that is the situation right this moment.

What I want to do is:
  in my spare time, assuming the luxury of peace (and great thanks to the global moderators), I'd rather make THIS::

v158
      permanent troop definitions x2  one is 7 deep no branch and one is 6 deep split branch, each can be a different skin.
      1 new faction that is true neutral and does not participate in diplomacy - it neither can attack nor be attacked by other factions, and travel to / from is by teleportal only.  Within that faction custom troops are available.  You the player have the burden to configure them when you travel there, and place your first order.  Thereafter, you can either recruit in greater numbers with a modified town recruiting similar to caravan recruiting, and thus available again on a 48 hour timer, or recruit a smaller number directly at your castle, so that non-towns have village sized recruiting of custom troops - small numbers and with racial prejudice reactions like you were at a village. 

Instead of only offering tier 1, like at the village there are two tiers possible, tiers 1 in greater number and tier 3 in small numbers, with if you are your own king getting more custom recruits possible.  You can then set up custom recruits without having to have a kingdom, available on-call by some effort or available in a small trickle starting with a castle you have while still someone's vassal.  Both male and female genders could be set up, and in essence you are setting a "culture" for that virtual center.  Now that the center has a troop tree mapped to it, you can migrate a center to that culture at a later time or you can keep your kingdom free of custom troops, mixing and matching as needed.

But that would break saves for v155 and v156, while allowing you to choose your preferred mix of either or both.  You never HAVE to make a custom tree, the custom tree is saved outside your kingdom so hopefully it is not messed with at constable training, and you can use it as a target of culture migration.

I'd also like to see more buildings that can be made at fiefs/castles/towns with increasing effects as the building gets larger.  Right away I could see a monastery/church/cathedral for a religious global buff, perhaps partially resisting plagues, boosting party healing while resting in town, and adding to magic resists if you are aligned/sworn to THAT deity (which could be for either side, eh?).  I could see making permanent harvest sites as buildable structures.  Nova Aetas was built from a common source as was Rigale, but Nova Aetas had quite a bit of add-in work while Rigale is crude and simple by comparison.  But adding more buildings has been around for quite some time, in Sword of Damocles and then Warsword Conquest and others.  The problem with adding buildings is it bumps the layout of a savegame and OSPs that expect buildings to start and stop in specific places need to be cross-checked to adjust where the buildings start and end.  That's fairly small but there is a risk of side effects.  Certainly its yet another save game break.

While I'm at it there is a great deal of wasted space in the save game.  Quite a few places devote an entire memory slot number (its a variable, like a blank where anything can be stored - a name, a number, an on/off value.)  Since its able to store strings its actually using 8 bytes to point at that value.  Many of those values are just 1 and 0 to act as on/off switches.  Its just ugly to waste 8 bytes - 64-bits, to hold in reality 1 bit worth of real information.  It doesn't seem like a big deal, every OSP, every mod, even native wastes space because its easier and seems faster to access without having to pack information then unpack it and read it.  But... there are > 1000 troops defined; and every last lord, lady, and leader is its own troop.  All the other troops, say looters or bandits, one troop is defined and all of them share the same identical stats, then when its battle time, each person in a fight is an "agent" with its own unique hit points and location and so on but when a stat or skill needs to be referenced at the troop these are checked by the game engine.  So there's an art to deciding what can be compressed because only a few troops ever use that definition, what is so unique that only the player needs it, and maybe it should be stored in yet another "troop" in a unique place, and what needs to stay the old way because plenty of generic troops and code working with them expect to see everything spread out for convenience.  I'd say if right now two slots were added to the troops layout because of something needed only at the player, its the same amount of savegame file space as 2-3 new added troop types.  There's probably 80-120 such wasted slots right now, bloating savegame by only around 1 MB,and most of the savegame bloat is lords tracking their relation with each other, in several 300*300 or so element arrays that I can't touch.  But even trimming 1-2 MB from a savegame adds up, as it shortens pauses while saving game but better still reduces the risk of that save getting interrupted and thus corrupt savegames resulting.  If for example the game shuts down while saving, its guaranteed corrupted the savegame.  There is a backup but it could be very out of date.  Every fraction of a second longer the savegame needs to finish writing is a wider open window for corrupt savegames.  Thus it would be a nice thing to reduce that window and make save games a little smaller at the same time.

Plus any new variables that are added at the troop level need to be defined in advance, before the save game is made.  I can add to agent information, since those aren't part of the save game, but troops are saved in a save game.  So any change there breaks save.  Thus it needs some planning, to not inconvenience users any more than they already feel inconvenienced.

So I expect those 3 things ought to be done at the same time, in a perfect world.

zecond said:
tnx for the answer, its a pity though. If you had more people to help you it would be one of the top 5 mods but hey it could just wait for bannerlord sicne i tprobably ould be better made for moding and more stable(I hope). Also i played a mod called skilled magic of calradia wich hasa uniques magic system you look at it or better yet playe it a bit, might help relax you or give you some nice ideas.

I did try it today. I'll say its pretty but there are pluses and minuses.  I pressed  backspace key to bring up the battle map, nope.
There are a huge number of villages very close together but you dont start with even bread as food.  In fact, you start with 0 money.
I'm not so sure you can trade raw goods for early money like I made.  It seems like it has magic, new spells, and they are really pretty, but everything else is stripped naked vanilla Warband, with not even the smallest quality of life improvements. The magic is totally tied to items, so far as I can see, staves and ammunition for the staff and armor that when worn adds effects.  Although there isn't the normal warband cheat menus  (ctrl)(tilde) to get a command line then type the word  cheatmenu  there IS the Warband ctrl-alt-F4 to quickly win a battle, thus gain cash from selling prisoners.  There is no recruit prisoners by talking, nor a method at camp actions to recruit from prisoners.  There are small food portions, low morale from food, no morale from drink, non-magic weapons are extremely expensive (light crossbow 1700).  Ransom brokers were hard to find, probably because the native 6 brokers must now service 40+ towns, so chances of finding one are half native, or less.  You must start as human, so far as I can see, and I don't think the skins model for women's face is upgraded.  Overall the mod initially looks much prettier than this one, but it quickly starts to look and feel like M&B (not Warband).  It has many more spells and spell effects, and when they go off the look is very pretty and advanced.  I'm not so sure it runs as cleanly as this mod in its current state.  I'm not sure how well movement over the map is.

There are some good ideas for how skills are remade, including some that you suggested "... A character with bard talent will be better than a character without it, a mage talent will have more mana regen and have a bonus magic power for spells like 20% or something."  There is a suggestion of something like this.  The guy (probably male) does at least put out patches every few days, and has been very busy.  I'd guess by mid summer that would be a very hot mod, assuming mods like this one do absolutely nothing in that time.  I still think there is much that has yet to be done.  That mod would need probably a month minimum to merge diplomacy cleanly, and probably needs help setting up modmerger. They could probably use my "Pho II" source in Rigale to show how to set up modmerger, and how to set up morale from drinks and better food.  I don't think he thought through his economy much.  I'm not sure he has much effort to control lag in map movement as number of parties increases.  He is at the point where I see a great many new ideas but here is where he will be hitting a wall trying to figure out how to solve unseen problems, just like every other mod (including this one) had to do in the past.  I will say that mod maker "thinks outside the box", which is my highest compliment, but still has some work to catch up.  I personally want to get away from item based magic, and see spells like haste or cleric insta cast that don't use items at all as closer to ideal.  I would like to see more elemental magic in a future mod.

well it was for look and maybe some isperation, but you got 0 denars cuz you chose the 3 part mage quest from char creation and that one gives you lame stuff but able to instantly join one of the factions, trading works like a charm, steel and tools from swadia, velvet from rhodoks and spcie from khegit,you can make 30k in a bit over 3 weeks due to long distance or it would be sooner, parties are capped at 7 per city 5 bandits 2 guards plus lors no idea how many those are. And probably you played the ported warband version the one i played was for classic.

zecond said:
Is it possible for a lich to have acsses to the skeleton,shadow and zombie skins? Cuz the mummy one is kinda uhm... lame to a point.

No.  It can only have 1 skin, and the skin can't be selected late.  Every lich defined would need to have the same skin selection as well.
I'm not doing that right now.  I'm not doing it next week either.  For that matter, no other mod is doing it either, so its not like I have to go make something wierd just because you are bored.  Thanks, but no thanks.

I have a small suggestion, not complain...

garrison in conquered castle/town could be a little bigger, as for now you can easily exploit it by playing ping-pong - take a place, live minimum garrison, let enemies take it, repeat, repeat - every time is easier, if you have mages

I saw 40 troops in town, guess how long it takes for siege by lord with 100 troops... he left even less soldiers, so... it was taken again

ver. 1.55 b2+

I have a suggestion for the Four Way inn. 

One of the things that I find rather boring in Phantasy is to collect the last few companions I may want.  I see that you have been making changes to the Four Way Inn, and here is another one:

It would be nice to be able to pay the inn to throw a feast which would attract adventurers from all over Calradia.  In game terms, you would pay a fee, and after a few days, all unattached companions would show up at the inn, ready to be recruited. 

I understand you are going to be working on Warsword Conquest shortly, so no rush.  Good Luck with the other mod, it has tons of potential.  Phantasy is closer to my heart, though.

Tuidjy said:

One of the things that I find rather boring in Phantasy is to collect the last few companions I may want.  I see that you have been making changes to the Four Way Inn, and here is another one:

It would be nice to be able to pay the inn to throw a feast which would attract adventurers from all over Calradia.  In game terms, you would pay a fee, and after a few days, all unattached companions would show up at the inn, ready to be recruited. 

I understand you are going to be working on Warsword Conquest shortly, so no rush.  Good Luck with the other mod, it has tons of potential.  Phantasy is closer to my heart, though.

This could be good incentive to stock up on foods and drinks and oil and spice, and maybe salt, but then I should also park your under employed chamberlain if you don't already have a fief, so you can collect and store these things.  That still means adjusting dialog tests so that the right dialogs show, to start this "I want to see the household" dialog for putting food etc into it.  Its also nice to store things like gear that you want always.  Having the chamberlain without going full vassal reduces pressure on becoming a vassal, allowing trading to continue longer between factions.  I'll give it some thought, as it fits with parking troops at the inn.  Also now that the inn is a valid target for direct teleports from each of the four corners (North, West, East, and South) in at least the v156/155 series, then there is added value to parking resources there.

Tuidjy said:

That is a great suggestion! Maybe also add a requirement of needing X amount of renown on top of the gold requirement?

GS I know you are very busy, I am just happy to bounce ideas around not add to a "list" or anything. I am currently playing v156 b7 and greatly enjoying the updates and all the work you have put into this!

Akesh the Cursed said:
Tuidjy said:

That is a great suggestion! Maybe also add a requirement of needing X amount of renown on top of the gold requirement?

I think I see two sides to this -- it is needed most while you are still small in renown,  but I can't see people beating a path to your door if you're a nobody. 

I'd guess the fairest way to arbitrate this is to have a chance scaled to your renown and roll dice for the 34 companions, first checking if that companion actually IS in your party already, and otherwise on success placing them at the inn.  It might be very crowded; I don't know the inn can accommodate the NPCs already there, yourself, and 34 NPCs.  I suspect that it would accomodate the first 6 or so but there is a barrier for how many fit.  I suppose they could be put into a list and each time you enter and leave during that event the 6 (or whatever fits) placed as 6 calls of  script_list_random.  I added quite a few lists in v156 and by now they're all in use... I'll need probably to reserve another 12 next time for safety -- each time expanding the number of troops defined.

gsanders said:
  I think I see two sides to this -- it is needed most while you are still small in renown,  but I can't see people beating a path to your door if you're a nobody. 

How about having a low renown requirement like 100 but make the price to host the feast quite expensive? With more renown you should get a discount for hosting the feast, capping somewhere around 1000-2000 renown so it doesn't negate the cost too much. This would still allow for player choice but at a cost.

For instance, I enjoy going around to every town I can throughout my campaign to find the companions I want. It's like rolling the dice and makes visiting taverns for me more exciting. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea and I also find myself getting a bit frustrated when I am just looking for those last few companions. If I had the option to host a feast at Four Way Inn, I would only be interested in doing so mid-late game where I would most likely have a high amount of renown and a good amount of companions already. For those players looking to host a feast at a lowly level and of little renown, I feel that should be possible but at an increased cost. That can be portrayed as someone with a high renown does not need to host such a lavish feast to attract interested parties, but someone not as well known would need to go through additional effort.

I don't know anything about coding but that probably adds extra work compared to just charging a flat fee but I am thinking RP-wise.

How about a black mage secondary class, 4 necro, standart mana regend for 2nd class mage and only able to learn black bolt, vampire bolt, chaos and other dark spells?

Cuz Liches can only rise dead and have fear aura, if you make spells for them, like the mond and what not with aseperate energy pool, possiteve for priests, neutral for mages and negative for liches, they would suck at dead troops but be quite efective against normall troops with mostly DoT and AOE spells.

P.S- would love the revamp before bannerlord cuz then we are gona jumpt the train if it is as good as warband

Back
Top Bottom