Suggestion to represent the chaotic of supply chain in this period

Users who are viewing this thread

Arzeal

Grandmaster Knight
Hello William Berne, and thanks for the great mod
As I recalled in another discussion topic, u mentioned the chaotic of supply chain in this period with alot of weapon types and ammo, but it's nearly impossible to represent it in-game.
I just have a small idea which will involves much less coding: the troops wage. I think that as a warlord, we have to provide food/ammo/salary for the troops. Though, currently M&B Engine provides system for Food and Salary only.
So I think you can add the Ammo cost to troops' weekly salary. For example: 30 silver/week for each Rifle-man, 60 silver/week for automatic weapon user, etc.
Furthermore, you can enable another type of building in town, like "Ammo Workshop" or "Logistic Workshop" or something appropriate with the period to reduce this kind of wages on troops.
About this building, I brainstormed about it and I think it should depends on the situation of your implementing to decide it's effectiveness: it can be % based or number based ( reduction of salary based on % or hard number) but it will be limited at 4-5 (and only 1 can be built per town/castles). This will avoid the overused of this building to reduce troop wages.
About the Size/Cost/Upkeep matter, I think it could be normal size (takes average times to build), high cost (many different ammo types) and use many men/engineers to maintain (~10-20?).

So, do you think it's feasible to implement, William Berne?

Arzeal said:
Hello William Berne, and thanks for the great mod
As I recalled in another discussion topic, u mentioned the chaotic of supply chain in this period with alot of weapon types and ammo, but it's nearly impossible to represent it in-game.
I just have a small idea which will involves much less coding: the troops wage. I think that as a warlord, we have to provide food/ammo/salary for the troops. Though, currently M&B Engine provides system for Food and Salary only.
So I think you can add the Ammo cost to troops' weekly salary. For example: 30 silver/week for each Rifle-man, 60 silver/week for automatic weapon user, etc.
Furthermore, you can enable another type of building in town, like "Ammo Workshop" or "Logistic Workshop" or something appropriate with the period to reduce this kind of wages on troops.
About this building, I brainstormed about it and I think it should depends on the situation of your implementing to decide it's effectiveness: it can be % based or number based ( reduction of salary based on % or hard number) but it will be limited at 4-5 (and only 1 can be built per town/castles). This will avoid the overused of this building to reduce troop wages.
About the Size/Cost/Upkeep matter, I think it could be normal size (takes average times to build), high cost (many different ammo types) and use many men/engineers to maintain (~10-20?).

So, do you think it's feasible to implement, William Berne?
thats a good idea!but how about making it almost like food like you can get large ammo crate (70) medium ammo crate (50) and small ammo crate (25).so after a batlle 2-3soldiers will consume one unit from those crates?

Back
Top Bottom