Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Dravic said:
Man, I know what I saw! But ok, make it with webpage at least, if you can, please.

I think I know what your talking about, I read cRPG's source code a LONG time back (it must have been at least ten or so updates for cRPG ago) but I'm pretty sure the character saving thing stayed the same for the most part. As Vornne said we'd need an external website and that would cost money to get the whole system set-up. I'm not even sure if it's that simple either. There must be some other things you have to do from the website's side but I'm not sure. I haven't read that thing for a long time so the memory is blurry.

Dravic said:
video

Focus on money after he rejoined server...
Fix'd

EDIT: And I see what you mean... this would be great for when people disconnect. But then again, what if someone opened up a map that is easy to make money on. Then smart people would totally stock up on cash to the extreme, and then for a long time after, even if no one is making money anymore, people could be a fully armored knight at will.

Speaking for myself, I don't want to make this mod a "keep storing up your treasures over RL months, never losing it" one like cRPG and the usual lot of MMORPGs out there, whether it be money, stats, whatever; and I think Laszlo has a similar opinion. I like more competition and the requirement for skill and intelligence, not "any idiot can be the best, with enough grinding".

Note that this doesn't imply some of the recent suggestions will never be / haven't already been added. That's all I'm going to say. Once the module system code is released - which won't be for a while - the great unwashed can come along and "ruin" the mod, but not before :wink:.

Vornne said:
Note that this doesn't imply some of the recent suggestions will never be / haven't already been added. That's all I'm going to say. Once the module system code is released - which won't be for a while - the great unwashed can come along and "ruin" the mod, but not before :wink:.

Huh?

Module system code?

:shock:

This is beyond me, do you mean something Taleworlds would do or Lazlo open-sourcing the mod?

Sushiman said:
I think not. Player profiles can't be stored on a 3rd party server. It's just not okay.

so the mod shouldn't be played on a 3rd party server then either, huh?

your logic is false. it's expensive to run a server, and we already have one that's plenty powerful enough to run a database for player data.
maybe just a money saving thing that saves your money when you leave the server. nothing else. to balance this we make it to where you lose ALL money on death.

id like something along the lines i said before, a faction and rp names page, where you can set your players alliances and such and join ingame factions with it.

about saving gold, maybe not. but how about a roleplay rank which grants that account starting gold based off there time in the server, like a good roleplayer voted by the community gets more to start with.

newbie -2500 gold
regular - 5000 gold
Veteran - 7500 gold.

although it doesnt give a giant bonus and wont give the best items it gives more to work with, like a better helmet or horse to start with.

i was on a 10k server earlier and i could get the best mail armour, a basic hat and a good horse. so 7500 is enough for average items without trading which is fine for veterans.

I don't think veterans should get any advantage over newbies, it would disrupt the economy and might scare away those who don't like the grind (of roleplaying....). I like to roleplay but some people don't, regardless of the fact that the RCC is a roleplaying server we shouldn't force them to take part in our kind of roleplay. not to mention, other roleplayers might vote in their friend as a good roleplayer even though he never really plays.

Splintert said:
Sushiman said:
I think not. Player profiles can't be stored on a 3rd party server. It's just not okay.

so the mod shouldn't be played on a 3rd party server then either, huh?

your logic is false. it's expensive to run a server, and we already have one that's plenty powerful enough to run a database for player data.
maybe just a money saving thing that saves your money when you leave the server. nothing else. to balance this we make it to where you lose ALL money on death.

Lol?

I think both the money saving and the money losing are bad ideas  :mad: any faction, pick-up or otherwise, should be able to get on and build themselves up to tip-top shape over the course of one playing session. Much beyond that, and you're sort of shafting the less hard-core people.

Basically, I don't want things to go to whoever is A.) the biggest coward (not being afraid to die in PWMod can also be fun, not just bad) and B.) has the most time to spend playing on PWMod. What if he just gets on and farms while everyone's asleep? That's not fair to a serf who has to make a living with rapid factioners and bandits on the loose.

maybe a way to scale the money saved? depending on amount of players on. for example, if 10 people on you save 10% of what you make, 50 people on 50%, 1 person on 1%.

Azrayel said:
Vornne said:

Huh?

Module system code?

:shock:

This is beyond me, do you mean something Taleworlds would do or Lazlo open-sourcing the mod?

He's referring to me making PWMOD open-source.

Splintert said:
maybe a way to scale the money saved? depending on amount of players on. for example, if 10 people on you save 10% of what you make, 50 people on 50%, 1 person on 1%.

do this and cap the money saved at like 50k.  this way you will go through it in about 5 deaths of wearing the best armour and weaponry etc :grin:

Phoenix234 said:
Splintert said:

do this and cap the money saved at like 50k.  this way you will go through it in about 5 deaths of wearing the best armour and weaponry etc :grin:

do you mean 500k? 50k is one life with best armor, weak weapons. i say cap at 130k since it's the in-game cap anyways.

Back
Top Bottom