[Suggestion] Splitting the army

Users who are viewing this thread

Venero

Regular
I have a suggestion that might actually be fairly easy to implement and would do alot for the game.

What if you could split your army while on the map?

Let me explain. Say you have a regular army of about 50 infantry/archers and 20 cavalry, a total of 70. You'll be moving fairly slow, even with good points in Pathfinding. Now let's say you want to catch some Desert Bandits or other fast-moving enemy, there is just no way to do that without having some castle/town in which to dump your slow-moving forces.

So instead of doing that, what if you could go to the camp menu and 'split' your army. You could take whomever you wanted with you and go hunt, while the rest would either be stationary on map, or be on "follow" mode (slow, but moving at their own pace). If you entered a battle with them close by they would also join this battle in the same way AI Lords join in when they are close to you when you do battle.

This would give anyone a chance to hunt down fast bandits without having to either make an all-cav party or owning a castle/town somewhere to garrison everyone. It also makes sense, I don't see why an army wouldn't allow it's faster-moving units to scout ahead and chase down fleeing foes.

Just thought I'd drop it in here and see what ya'll think.

Agreed, very useful in quests where you must chase someone and this guy has 10 troops and move at lke 9.0 speed :eek:

i was gonna suggest the same thing, they definitely need this ingame, i was playing yesterday and i had an army of around 50 troops, all infantry, i took a quest to hunt down some bandits, as soon as i left the city i could see them on the world map, all cavalry, around 17 of them, it seems stupid that i have to disband my army to pursue them, this would help when scouting enemy cities and villages aswell, i doubt that an entire army would go on a scouting mission...

Same idea here too. When you are going to storm a castle, would be nice to choose wich group gets there first, using infantry to take the walls and, that done, positionate the archers. Today everyone try to reach the walls at same time with archers facing stronger units in hand-to-hand combat.

but you shouldn't be able to leave you troops for long. it should decrease more, or double wages for troops you leave.

and if you have low morale troops should be more likely to leave.

or something that you can leave them only in friendly towns.

mainly you need only split to do that stupid follow spy quest, which i so impossible with even average/small (compared to lords armies)

or lower spys moving speed that should do the job too.

i was thinking once you split from an army, that army would set up camp, or even, say for instance, you could send your scouting party in one direction, then your main army could continue doing whatever, wouldn't be hard to control multiple parties, as for the spy quest, a point or a couple of points in tracking and it's an easy enough quest...

Back
Top Bottom