SP - General Suggestion: Reduce the amount of loading needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Dannydehz

Recruit
When I defeat an enemy party, I first get a loading screen. Then I get a second loading screen. Then I see the defeated enemy hero and I can decide to release or imprison him. Then I get another loading screen. Then I get another loading screen. And then I get the second defeated enemy hero.... So four loading screens to decide the fate of two defeated heroes. In large battles, you can easily defeat 15 or even more enemy heroes... That means
(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2)1(2) = 32 loading screens to decide the fates of 15 defeated enemy heroes....
You can easily change this so you get ONE menu, to decide ALL their fates. Exactly like how it is with the prisoners menu and the loot menu.

The prisoner menu and the loot menu don't even have a loading screen between them, why do defeated lords need two loading screens between them?
And the prisoner menu and the loot menu can easily be a single menu. Just like how you have sub-menus for melee weapons, range/shields, armor, horses/harness and trade goods, you can add a sub-menu for prisoners. Heck, you can even include defeated lords in the prisoners sub-menu, because that is already the case! (if you imprison an enemy lord, and you later go to your party menu, you can see the imprisoned lords, same as imprisoned enemy troops. So why do lords need a special 3D image, with two loading screens before and after, instead of being treated just like enemy troops defeated in battle?

The loading madness goes even beyond this, as there is so many unnecessary little interactions. If you engage an enemy party, why do I need a loading screen, just to tell him I'm going to attack him? And if I tell him I'm going to attack him, he asks me if I'm sure and I have to confirm that yes, I'm absolutely sure I want to attack him, then wait another loading screen before battle.

If I want to hire a companion? I can't just click on the wanderer in the tavern screen to hire him. No, I have to enter the tavern, which requires a loading screen, just to tell him I want to hire him, and after that: I get treated to another loading screen.

TL;DR:
After each battle, you should get ONE menu, where you can loot, imprison enemy soldiers and imprison enemy lords. If you don't imprison enemy lords, it should be treated automatically as if you allowed them to go free, because "they fought so well".

Also: eliminate all 3D little dialogues to attack enemies or hire companions. If people want to "role play" and walk around the towns to hire companions/recruit caravans/buy workshops, LET them do so. But don't FORCE them to do so. The amount of loading screens is simply ridiculous, because it is also so very, very unnecessary.

I agree with everything you said I will also add that there are also boring loading screen when talking to companion that are in your army, when you want to talk to them to give/take troops.
You have a loading screen to talk to them, then you select inspect troop, you do your thing, then you can go back to the map and then you can select an other companion and do the exact same thing.
I have 3 companion parties in my army, so each time I want to take some troops and add some others ( after each big battles ot several small) I have to go through all those steps 3 times, and if I want to take some troops from one to give them to an other, add an other loading screen and if in the middle of all this you change your mind about which companion will get certain troops, you get 2-3 more.
There should be an option "inspect troop" just like there is a "talk to" option, and this is just one of many many cases where there are annoying loading screen like the OP said.
µ

Back
Top Bottom