SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: Medicine leveling / Rougery leveling

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks,developers

At the moment, we have different kinds of methods to lvl up our Medicine Skills and Rougery skills. The most used methods looks like this

public static void OnPrisonerSell(MobileParty mobileParty, float count)
{
float skillXp = 6f * count;
SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Roguery, skillXp, SkillEffect.PerkRole.None);
}

or

public static void OnRegularTroopHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, int troopCount)
{
float skillXp = (float)(Campaign.Current.Models.PartyHealingModel.GetSkillXpFromHealingTroop(mobileParty.Party) * troopCount);
SkillLevelingManager.OnPartySkillExercised(mobileParty, DefaultSkills.Medicine, skillXp, SkillEffect.PerkRole.Surgeon);
}

where in this method, the used method has a value of 10.

So for Rougery and lets say 20 Prisoners:
6*20= 120(exp)

So for Medicine and lets say 20 wounded troops
10*20=200(exp)

Without any Skill levelingfactor multiplied.

What i suggest is:
- Take the Tier/Level of the Prisoners/Troops into consideration and not a fixed multiplier.

Result(example):

Medicine
Healing
a Recruit should give a based 10 multiplier
Healing a lvl 31 Fian Champoin should give a 40 multiplier for healing

So when I heal 20 Fian Champions and 2 Recruits:
20*40=800 +
2*10=20
=820 (exp)

Rougery:
Selling a Lord should give a flat 20 multiplier
Selling a Fian Champion(lvl) should give a 17 multiplier

So when I sell 20 Fian Champions and 2 Bannerknights and 1 Lord:
17*22 + 20*1= 394(exp)

I know the multipliers need adjustments, but i think this a good way to implement it.
Let me know what you think:
@mexxico @SadShogun @Signalize
@Apocal @Blood Gryphon @Akka @Terco_Viejo

Last edited:
The good news in roguery has been fixed so we get more from the sources we are supposed to get it from so we will get more options to raise it but yeah turning in to many high levels troops doesn't get you a lot. As for medicine I know it is very slow even when a maxed with focus and attribute points. I know the focus need to be raised for a few skills like medicine, trade, roguery, to really help them, think I am 1300 days into my intelligence based build with max focus and attribute and done a lot of big battles and my medicine is 94, just need to turn up focus, I think it is at .05 per skill point so adjusting that on the slow skills would be great specially how hard it is to get them high level before dying

This would be ideal, yes. No one is going to deliberately welp a party full of T6 troops just to power-level Medicine and for Roguery it is sorta common sense.

Roguery is full cool but I don't think people are gonna go hunt for parties with a lot of high levels to full power level medicine

A lot of people don't realize that focus goes up by a certain number, where some are .05 per skill and some .07 so easiest solution just turn up the focus slightly till you get it balanced right. I love coming up with easy fixes to things.....Any openings at TW for a n00b intern?

Increasing it with unit tier is a great idea. It's one thing that bother me is that medicine has no counter acceleration to the slowdown of leveling. What I mean is in combat skills like bow or hit-a-guy you naturally get more and more skill actions(hits) as you get better at combat and better weapons so this somewhat offsets the leveling slowdown. But skills like medicine are always the same amount (or less) so they always lag far behind..

Am I right that it is impossible to loot tier 6 stuff without negative modifiers and that the clan tier doesn`t have any impact on looting? I`m at clan tier 5 and roguery 109 and never got any high tier stuff with normal stats. Highest value of a single item must be somewhere around 5.000 denars, I guess that`s what sets the limits.

Am I right that it is impossible to loot tier 6 stuff without negative modifiers and that the clan tier doesn`t have any impact on looting? I`m at clan tier 5 and roguery 109 and never got any high tier stuff with normal stats. Highest value of a single item must be somewhere around 5.000 denars, I guess that`s what sets the limits.
I don't think clan tier effects loot. I'm mot sure if it's impossible to get un-damaged high tier drops or if/how roguery skill effects the chances.

I don't think clan tier effects loot. I'm mot sure if it's impossible to get un-damaged high tier drops or if/how roguery skill effects the chances.
I managed to get the cheat mode working and gave my character 316 roguery skill. Fought ca. 20 battles. All loot from weapon/armor tier 3 onwards was cracked, rusty, etc. and the chance to get tier 4 stuff or higher seems to be no way better than with roguery level 50. Got one useless imperial horseman armor and one useless tier 4 or 5 mail armor, that`s it. WITH ROGUERY LEVEL 316! I am speechless.

Also cheated my character up to clan tier 6 and won a very close 150 vs 215 against three Empire Lords with 5 guys on my side remaining on the battlefield. Got two rusty mail armors. Absolutely everything rusty, cracked, ****ty. Total bollocks to grind roguery as you can also earn money by just waiting in a town alone for years when you have passive income. This is stupid on a massive scale, just sayin.

I managed to get the cheat mode working and gave my character 316 roguery skill. Fought ca. 20 battles. All loot from weapon/armor tier 3 onwards was cracked, rusty, etc. and the chance to get tier 4 stuff or higher seems to be no way better than with roguery level 50. Got one useless imperial horseman armor and one useless tier 4 or 5 mail armor, that`s it. WITH ROGUERY LEVEL 316! I am speechless.
Also cheated my character up to clan tier 6 and won a very close 150 vs 215 against three Empire Lords with 5 guys on my side remaining on the battlefield. Got two rusty mail armors. Absolutely everything rusty, cracked, ****ty. Total bollocks to grind roguery as you can also earn money by just waiting in a town alone for years when you have passive income. This is stupid on a massive scale, just sayin.
That's very upsetting but I had suspicions it might just be literally more loot and not anything else. I only have roguery because I have high cunning for scouting, so why not? It levels super slow though. Also can't tell iof the "bandit -moral" perks do anything because I never notice a moral change anyways because of leadership.

Yeah, it makes little sense.

Back
Top Bottom