[Suggestion] Map Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Many multiplayer squad based games allow for users to edit/create their own maps.  This usually adds a loading screen where the map is downloaded before the room is entered. 

The maps we currently have are limited, village being the most intricate of the bunch.  I think adding this would save the developers a bit of time while enabling the community to further build upon the game's contents.  I suggest this is only implemented for multiplayer, as I cannot see a place for this in single player.  I know it may not come anytime soon, and that you dev's have a lot of work yet to do; however, I do feel this would be a valuable and worthwhile addition to the game.

Of course, for this implementation to be most effective, private servers would have to be allowed (but perhaps not for testing).

What are the developers thoughts on adding a feature like this?  Is this within the bounds of where the dev's are taking Mount & Blade?

We already have a map "editor". And private servers with custom maps are totally possible.

What about we leave this until the game is near finished (shoot me if it is almost done, .671 doesnt seem done to me)? so we can concentrate on bugs and stuff. Otherwise I LOVE IT!  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom