[suggestion] Loot more horses!

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the things that really annoyed me back in the original was the lack of horses showing up in my loot box after battles....

I'm talking the greatest horse I ever looted was a stubborn warhorse. And that was once... after conquering Calradia as Swadia, the best horse I got was 1 stubborn warhorse.

The first thing i'd loot in battle would be a horse... (maybe after a quick sword but still...) They're quite valuable.. I mean they're you car, tractor, and tank! essentially all you're needs for transportation and brute force was met by a horse. I'd loot them first, and most everybody else would too. (Even those crazy nords who would just turn them into meat!) A commander of this company, I could demand more horses as loot from my men!

I just want to loot more horses, that's all.  :razz:

Now that horses can degrade, this makes a lot of sense.  It would be nice if you can get standard quality horses at higher looting levels with better fights.

Now that horses can degrade, this makes a lot of sense.
Degrade how? The only difference in horse functionality that I noticed, was the fact that swaybacked horses don't necessarily get lamed when taken out - mine outright died once when that happened. I suppose this means you probably can't "upgrade" a swaybacked horse to a normal one by allowing it to get lamed.

Wheem said:
Now that horses can degrade, this makes a lot of sense.
Degrade how? The only difference in horse functionality that I noticed, was the fact that swaybacked horses don't necessarily get lamed when taken out - mine outright died once when that happened. I suppose this means you probably can't "upgrade" a swaybacked horse to a normal one by allowing it to get lamed.

I mean that normal horses can degrade into the lamed version if wounded.  This is a new feature in Warband, right?  I never noticed it in M&B previously.

I'd actually like it if horses were sometimes perm-killed for the player and companions.  Horses are still basically a one-time purchase for each companion as is. 

Been a long time since I played vanilla m&b but I believe horse degrading into lame has always been around.

Horses have always had a chance to go lame when they get taken out. Previously, the only ones that would outright die in those circumstances were horses that were already lamed - now it can happen to the swaybacked variety (possibly others as well, I'm honestly not sure).

In the original M&B, any lame horse that was "healed" would automatically go to the standard version of that horse breed. This meant that a horse with a heavy, spirited, etc...modifier before getting lamed, wouldn't get it back. However, this also allowed you to get a swaybacked horse lamed in battle, and have it convert to a normal version when healed; I assume this is the main reason that swaybacked horses now have a chance to outright die, rather than get lamed.

Oh ok, so you can still eventually lose the horse if it drops to lamed and gets wounded again.

How would you go about healing a lamed horse?

aka1nas said:
Oh ok, so you can still eventually lose the horse if it drops to lamed and gets wounded again.

How would you go about healing a lamed horse?

In the original M&B, you just put it in your inventory for a while (few days?).

This is good thing since they also increase your party speed when carrying a lot of loot, so they can serve two functions at once (being lame doesn't inhibit their bonus AFAIK).

The Wound Treatment skill heals lamed horses in your inventory (assuming it didn't get changed in Warband - I actually didn't check in beta). Any lamed horse being ridden by the player or a companion will not get healed. I've had some horses get healed almost instantly, and some others take at least a few days.

Buying and healing lamed horses could be pretty cost effective for equipping your heroes as cavalry; especially now that we can't capture enemy horses anymore :sad: (which I think is a bug).

that's because it's bugged...

not cool, taleworlds.... no horse looting is a Major turn off in my book. I really hope you fix it.

(I'm not mad or anything, i'm just sad.  :sad:))

Haha, was just about to suggest this.  Makes total sense, what sane commander would let the riderless horses roam free after a battle?

Amroth said:
Haha, was just about to suggest this.  Makes total sense, what sane commander would let the riderless horses roam free after a battle?

Why a lovely one of course!

And I want to loot some horses now, mainly because I've finally starting using pack horses. :razz:

A_Mustang said:
that's because it's bugged...

not cool, taleworlds.... no horse looting is a Major turn off in my book. I really hope you fix it.

(I'm not mad or anything, i'm just sad.  :sad:))

Same here, not one horse. I like to play that I can only equip my companions with what I loot so this is a bit of  stumbling block. Have taleworlds acknowledged that it is a bug?

Back
Top Bottom