[Suggestion] Gameplay items disappearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Coristan

Sergeant
I have a sugestion that is more about the game itself than the mod. Is it possible make the items NOT to disappear? and horses not to die alone?
Examples:
1. When I am playing the colour factions and I have a banner, its cool to drop the banner on the tower of the conquested castle. but then it disappears.
2. The weapons shouldnt disappear. They should stay where people drop them, so you could have an free armory for ur men.
3. The horses shouldnt die when they are stopped. Some times we really need horses on that big map. and the stables of the castles should be made full by the players who let their horses there.

And now, a Mod suggestion:
Weight should be added. For example, a Brigand should be able to run, and jump over roofs much more quicker than a on-foot knight. I was playing as a brigand, and running away from a knight was useless (I had no melee weapon).

1 Good
2 Lagg
3 Lagg, maybe let them stay longer.

Weight is already in, I think you want the differences in weight to be bigger which would in my opinion be more realistic.

1: ****ing, hell yea.
2: They should stay longer definitely
3: I think it's pretty cool right now

Weight should definitely be doubled or something.

Coristan said:
I have a sugestion that is more about the game itself than the mod. Is it possible make the items NOT to disappear? and horses not to die alone?
Examples:
1. When I am playing the colour factions and I have a banner, its cool to drop the banner on the tower of the conquested castle. but then it disappears.
2. The weapons shouldnt disappear. They should stay where people drop them, so you could have an free armory for ur men.
3. The horses shouldnt die when they are stopped. Some times we really need horses on that big map. and the stables of the castles should be made full by the players who let their horses there.

Weight should be added. For example, a Brigand should be able to run, and jump over roofs much more quicker than a on-foot knight. I was playing as a brigand, and running away from a knight was useless (I had no melee weapon).

1. I agree; the entire point of flags was to allows players to plant them to claim ownership of castles/areas/mines/towns. Unfortunately, they will disappear, and I have no idea what affects their lifespan.
2. I tentatively disagree. I'm wary of weapons lasting too long because of the possible strain o server bandwidth. In version 3 kingdoms may accumulate ample wealth through trade and mining, then spread that wealth using the banking system. So I would say: don't hoard weapons; hoard denari with which to buy weapons. Same effect, less lag.
3. The 'kill idle horse' script is attempting to kill unused horses (a huge contributor to server bandwidth problems) whilst allowing people to leave a horse in a stable for a decent amount of time without fear of losing their investment. This may take some work before we get the balance right.
'Mod suggestion'. The brigand has the highest athletics skill in the game, and access to armours with higher protection-to-weight ratios. A mounted man at arms has a an extremely low athletics skill. Perhaps on a map as large as mine, the athletics skill disparities could be bigger, I shall keep an eye on that issue.

Thank you Lazlo. I now understand the lag contribution of the items.. But at least, there should be a "Castle Treasury", where you could drop the silver/bronze/gold coins and ur people could take them to buy weapons. I wish they didnt disappear. Only the coins. Is it possible?

Thanks for answering my topic.

Laszlo said:
Coristan said:
Examples:

1. I agree; the entire point of flags was to allows players to plant them to claim ownership of castles/areas/mines/towns. Unfortunately, they will disappear, and I have no idea what affects their lifespan.

Maybe a script that runs when you drop a flag could help. Theoretically, you could make a script that would spawn a scene prop of the flag (and remove the weapon-flag, if possible). The scene-prop flag would be similar to the one that is used to buy flags, but instead of costing money, it would take some time to "take down," and once it re-spawns the weapon-flag item, it disappears.

Also, can we have some cheap (1000gold-ish) mini flags that can be used in the shield slot. I love to be the bannerman of my faction whenever I'm in one, and paying 5000 Gold just to carry around a flag and not be able to use a weapon is inconvenient. The mini-flag would be just for carrying, not conquering.

Laszlo said:

Make a reverse buying script, one that instead of spawning a weapon, would make the weapon spawn a weapon stand.
the weapon being the flag

Instead of carrying flags, id like to see something like in capture the flag mode.  Then once blue captures green castle, the outside banners will switch to blue, for example.  Carrying flags are a good idea too (as long as they dont disapear), but hardly anyone uses them.  When they do, its placed in a spot of the castle where you cant see it unless you are in the castle...kinda pointless then.  But back on topic...

After awhile, horses begin to die.  We all know this of course, but its very annoying to have a bunch of horses in the stable, then half of them die.  If possible, I suggest that when a horse is in a stable, it has unlimated life (Not HP, of course.  That way assassins dont have to limit their targets to humans :wink: ) but when outside of a stable, it will eventually die after awhile.

Indeed, I was wondering if this no time limit for stables could be done. I suppose a script somewhere along the lines of setting certain areas to be exempt and adding an if_not_try *enter script* could work.

Lotus Dragon said:
Instead of carrying flags, id like to see something like in capture the flag mode.  Then once blue captures green castle, the outside banners will switch to blue, for example.

That wont work, remember - the only factions the game recognises are the 'Universal Faction's. When kingdoms capture each others castle, its just 6 people that happen to be wearing the same color killing a group of people that coincidently are wearing another colour.

It could work, you would just have to change the code to check for agents wearing specific armors instead of a certain faction and switch the flag to the appropriate color.

Back
Top Bottom