Suggestion: Decentralize Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm still confused about what happened to the gang system... They showed it like 4 years ago in a video. Now I completely get that it probably wasn't finished and they only showed the working parts. But no one seriously bothered to fix it in 4 years?

I'm still confused about what happened to the gang system... They showed it like 4 years ago in a video. Now I completely get that it probably wasn't finished and they only showed the working parts. But no one seriously bothered to fix it in 4 years?
I was also super excited about the upgradable villages they showcased in a dev blog years ago but that went to the same place I guess

You're saying this like the game is balanced.

Also most mods genuinely don't impact anything else, for example there was a mod in the first few days of the games release that gave different banner colours beyond the 4 that the game let you have. If taleworlds wanted there to be a colour selection menu they would have done it themselves, but the ridiculously limited number of colours was actually a deliberate design decision.

Deliberate design choice or a matter of focusing on higher priorities. I'd bet on the latter.

I was also super excited about the upgradable villages they showcased in a dev blog years ago but that went to the same place I guess
They scrapped that saying it was too complicated for the AI to know where to place castles or something like that, a shame since it was an awesome feature that could provide a good money-sink desperately needed in the game.

For real the game is going downhill, pursuing simplicity and an appeal to a casual audience is killing it but TW will probably only notice what they've done after release. M&B franchise is carried by a devout and closed fanbase and for some reason they're turning their backs to it. I don't get where this goal of creating a casual fanbase comes from but it's an awful idea and will fail.

For real the game is going downhill, pursuing simplicity and an appeal to a casual audience is killing it but TW will probably only notice what they've done after release. M&B franchise is carried by a devout and closed fanbase and for some reason they're turning their backs to it. I don't get where this goal of creating a casual fanbase comes from but it's an awful idea and will fail.
I truly believe that it all has to do with a console release. TW made decent money and widened their exposure with that 2016 release of the console version of Warband. I think that plans to release a console version of Bannerlord upon full release is the reason for the simplicity we see.

You're saying this like the game is balanced.[/quoted]
Sorry if it sounded like that, clearly the game isn't balanced yet. But they are clearly working on it

Also most mods genuinely don't impact anything else, for example there was a mod in the first few days of the games release that gave different banner colours beyond the 4 that the game let you have. If taleworlds wanted there to be a colour selection menu they would have done it themselves, but the ridiculously limited number of colours was actually a deliberate design decision.
True but it isn't related to the point I made.

And we've seen plenty of new features and changes. Read all the patchnotes since March, it should take a few hours.
I know, they are updating the game, but until the last patch I use to menage my parties, and it's important to me, with a mod, now that this mod doesn't work, I fell that the game is more unplayable than before.

I know, they are updating the game, but until the last patch I use to menage my parties, and it's important to me, with a mod, now that this mod doesn't work, I fell that the game is more unplayable than before.
Which is quite surprising considering that according to popular believe a modder could do more in shorter time... Anyway, I understand your problem and I very much agree with it. The game needs party control. We know that they are working on it. Removing management and directors from the team is probably not going to help though. Especially not that far into development.
Our job is to offer criticism and suggest changes in the game. If our voice isn't heard we can blame management as much as we want, it doesn't stop them from being directors and leaders. Game design isn't democracy (and even if it would be, I am pretty certain the game would be even worse).
I am not even sure that management is to blame for the shortcomings of the current early access version. Sure, it might be better if Electronic Arts made the game but personally I prefer independent games with all their shortcomings.

You're saying this like the game is balanced.

I dunno how many mods you've run through but some of the mods take whatever balance BL has and snap it in half. It was actually impressive how much you could **** up the AI just by baiting with a border castle in the mod that prevented deep sieges. Or how one of the improved shieldwall mods somehow exported the siege gate issue of AI troops letting the player slaughter them from the flanks or rear. Or the land ownership mod that would snowball a player millions of denars. My favorites were some of the troop overhaul mods that just blatantly didn't test their changes, so you'd have goofy **** like tier 3 troops outperforming every other tier, and Sturgian ulfhednars supposedly being upgraded via weapon skills back when the weapon skills did absolutely nothing for non-heroes.

I dunno how many mods you've run through but some of the mods take whatever balance BL has and snap it in half. It was actually impressive how much you could **** up the AI just by baiting with a border castle in the mod that prevented deep sieges. Or how one of the improved shieldwall mods somehow exported the siege gate issue of AI troops letting the player slaughter them from the flanks or rear. Or the land ownership mod that would snowball a player millions of denars. My favorites were some of the troop overhaul mods that just blatantly didn't test their changes, so you'd have goofy **** like tier 3 troops outperforming every other tier, and Sturgian ulfhednars supposedly being upgraded via weapon skills back when the weapon skills did absolutely nothing for non-heroes.
lol

That was changed into the system we have now where villages are not individually owned fiefs but attached to castles and towns. They went a different direction with the design. Havnt heard anything about gangs being scrapped but it may be the case unfortunately content gets scrapped all the time in game development to meet budgeting and deadlines.

That was changed into the system we have now where villages are not individually owned fiefs but attached to castles and towns. They went a different direction with the design. Havnt heard anything about gangs being scrapped but it may be the case unfortunately content gets scrapped all the time in game development to meet budgeting and deadlines.

Deadlines ? They worked on it for 10 years!

Deadlines ? They worked on it for 10 years!
Yeah they didn't said anything about deadlines when they talked about this feature being cut, it was more on the lines they couldn't make the AI behave satisfactory with building castles and it would be too complicated so they scraped that for warband's system without direct ownership of villages, now they are just production/quest/recruitment hubs always attached to a castle or city.

Thinking again, those announcements should have gave us a clue about the changing in direction of the game wanting to scrap "complicated" things maybe aiming at consoles or something.. :roll:

Last edited:
They definitely need to do something, the company is either horrendously ran or they simply don't care.

This release cycle has been a mess and communication is practically non-existent

Decrease crown authority in TW

Employee opinion: +10
Development rate: +13
Rival company opinion: -17
Natural dread decay: -0.5
Remove features option is disabled
Council approval is needed for major actions.

Proceed?
-Yes
-No

Back
Top Bottom