[Suggestion] Archer reticules

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps said:
CalenLoki said:
Don't think that you should lose arrow if you get hit or fall down- this way also crossbowman should lose (shoot) his bolt, if he was aiming while get hit/fall down.
BTW it shouldn't be possible to put loaded crossbow on your back, but difference between medieval crossbow and modern firearms is discussion topic for another thread...

Yes xbows should lose the shot if they switch weapons, or get hit or fall down.
But still - only if they get shot while aiming, with hand on trigger or drawn bow. While just holding reloaded bow/crossbow, hit shouldn't cause losing projectile.

The current reticule is fine for thrown weps,
but for archers/crossbows we need a more vertical Reticule.  Hey that rhymes!

Like this ( i spent more time then i care to mention on this  :cool: )

11slcfb.jpg

Can we leave the Crossbow gimping suggestions for another thread....

Personally I think reticules should be done away with completely, the weapons should be aimed in a more realistic way so that we get more skill based aiming.

Yellonet said:
Personally I think reticules should be done away with completely, the weapons should be aimed in a more realistic way so that we get more skill based aiming.
That would require new animation, and allow to shoot accurate only in 1st PV. But i agree - it would be fun :grin:

yes because it currently takes no skill at all too shoot someone 50m meters away, and strafing.

Sure I've seen crossbows with iron sights, But what about bows? how the hell are you supposed to shoot people without a reticule.

And whats to stop people from simply attaching a Small black paper dot in the middle of thier screen to see where the middle is?
Belive it or not there are people (me)  who never even use 3rd person, expect to look at there character occasionally.

Phallas said:
yes because it currently takes no skill at all too shoot someone 50m meters away, and strafing.

Sure I've seen crossbows with iron sights, But what about bows? how the hell are you supposed to shoot people without a reticule.

And whats to stop people from simply attaching a Small black paper dot in the middle of thier screen to see where the middle is?
Belive it or not there are people (me)  who never even use 3rd person, expect to look at there character occasionally.
Like a bow is aimed in reality? Just because this is a game you don't have to use a reticule...
What stops people from using a dot on the screen, as you turn your body the aiming point should shift either to the left or right and up or down as you aim higher and lower, it would be visible in the graphics so that you can "feel" how the aim moves around, it would add immersion while at the same time stopping cheaters.

Back
Top Bottom