(sugestions) What I think the game needs and/or is lacking

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to get a discussion going on what the game needs. Let's keep it realistic.

It seems to me that there are alot of different ways to play warband which is great but some aspects of the game need to be fleshed out more. For example let's talk about when you become a king. There are not enough options for interaction with your vassals. I feel there should be more options to become close with them or more far apart. there could be some quests to help them in sone way. There should be more things a king can do to help their countries economy and political standing. More things you can upgrade for fiefs as well. There should be options to reassign fiefs to vassals. More strategic options in battle too. I feel like most of the time I'm just charging with cavalry.

There should be more things a king can do to help their countries economy and political standing. More things you can upgrade for fiefs as well. There should be options to reassign fiefs to vassals.

I agree, it would be nice to add more features/options you can do with your faction.

More strategic options in battle too. I feel like most of the time I'm just charging with cavalry.

I already suggested something about the "Kneeling animation", which would be used to crouch and for exemple, tell your soldiers with polearms to kneel in front of your army and get their polearm ready against horses. That would be nice too.

Everything that I wanted to suggest is already in this forum. I made 2 topics about suggestions so I won't type them here. I very like your idea, add more options for your own faction. Like changing the faction's color. If they could add an option which you can recruit soldiers from towns and castles it would be more realistic too. Add upgrades for town/castle that makes it harder to besiege and to increase the money income from towns somehow. Building a school costes money, but schooled people brings more money. And for sure add an options which you can make your custom army(Infantry, Archery and Cavalry design/armor and weapons).

Great topic but I don't know if you can do that, an open topic to a lot of suggestions. I mean, the forum is made for that, maybe posting a topic per suggestions would be better than a topic for every suggestions.

I wrote this whole long thing and than when I went to post, I couldn't connect to the site and lost it, ugh.

Anyway, I was saying that regardless of other threads, I want to talk about in one place what the game needs and anyone who wants to comment, great. I said that the game needs to have more interesting quests that really affect the game world. Those are the most interesting quests and have the most tangible results. When I had a quest to fool another king into hating one of his lords by delivering a false letter, that was great. Helping a claimant try to take his country back, that is great, why? Because it affects the world around you. You feel apart of it and like you can change it. Take x to y are okay to make money for those starting out but as you become more apart of the world and its politics, you want more ways to change it. Making more quests geared towards this idea would be a good idea. There could be quests to help villages and towns that affect their prosperity or what goods they might have, etc. So many things can be done with that idea.

I would also like more ways to organize fiefs. Reassign them and perhaps have a map that shows who has what fief so it is easy to see where people might be and to have them concentrated in a certain area.

BlackRainZ said:
I would also like more ways to organize fiefs. Reassign them and perhaps have a map that shows who has what fief so it is easy to see where people might be and to have them concentrated in a certain area.

You can already do that, I think. Go in a village, castle or a town and it will say something like, you approach the gate and you see the banner of... And I think it's more realistic like this, because they didn't have phones in medieval ages so they couldn't know where their vassals were. I think it is good like it is now.

You misunderstand. If I assign a fief to someone, of course I should know what fief is theirs. It has nothing to do with a phone. I didn't say I want to know exactly where my vassals are, but know which fief is theirs will give a general idea of where they might be. I mean, if you live somewhere, obviously you tend to be there sometimes. There is currently no way to organize fiefs. So lets say when I first started, I gave a couple of fiefs to one guy, a couple to another, and than I get some new vassals and I conquer new land and I give fiefs to them, or some fiefs to someone who already has a fief. People have fiefs all over the place. I would like to be able to reassign them to the lords so their fiefs are actually touching each other, well I mean are in the vicinity of each other, it makes much more sense and is much more realistic for the most part. A map could easily show you what fief belongs to who so I could keep track of it all. It does not mean knowing exactly where my vassals are.

So lets say when I first started, I gave a couple of fiefs to one guy, a couple to another, and than I get some new vassals and I conquer new land and I give fiefs to them, or some fiefs to someone who already has a fief. People have fiefs all over the place. I would like to be able to reassign them to the lords so their fiefs are actually touching each other, well I mean are in the vicinity of each other, it makes much more sense and is much more realistic for the most part. A map could easily show you what fief belongs to who so I could keep track of it all. It does not mean knowing exactly where my vassals are.

I think you got a point. I think it would be more realistic if the fiefs given from you to a vassal of yours are adjacent to eachother. Though I think you should be able to ask 2 Lords to trade their fiefs with eachother to get a more organized land. You also should be able to do that with your Minister.

It would also be handy to be able to have a messenger at the ready. Then you don't have to go to your Minister or a Lord to organize your troops for a campaign, but you can just tell your messenger to find that lord (and then it can take up to a half to 3 days for him to return) and give him the message. You could be more strategic in wars that way, since you wouldn't have to run all the way to a Lord and tell him to get his ass to some location he needs to defend urgently.

+ even back then, they were organised enough to know each others location in times of war. I mean, now you have to run all the way to some lord in the vicinity to ask where another lord is (and how is he able to know that either?)

So the conclusion is: get a Messenger...
his options are:
Order Lords the same stuff you could do in person
Ask the location of the Lord you send the messenger to and let him tell you where he is and show him on the map for a day or so (in order to know where you need to send him afterwards)
And some other stuff

You could be able to put that option in the Camp Menu, since sending messengers is what you do when you've set up camp and need to organize

BlackRainZ said:
You misunderstand. If I assign a fief to someone, of course I should know what fief is theirs. It has nothing to do with a phone. I didn't say I want to know exactly where my vassals are, but know which fief is theirs will give a general idea of where they might be. I mean, if you live somewhere, obviously you tend to be there sometimes. There is currently no way to organize fiefs. So lets say when I first started, I gave a couple of fiefs to one guy, a couple to another, and than I get some new vassals and I conquer new land and I give fiefs to them, or some fiefs to someone who already has a fief. People have fiefs all over the place. I would like to be able to reassign them to the lords so their fiefs are actually touching each other, well I mean are in the vicinity of each other, it makes much more sense and is much more realistic for the most part. A map could easily show you what fief belongs to who so I could keep track of it all. It does not mean knowing exactly where my vassals are.

You can right-click on a fief (town, village, castle) and click "View Notes". This will take you into the "Warband Wiki" where you can see who the fief belongs to, its prosperity etc. There you can also find your vassals - their fiefs will be listed under their entry (you can then click "show on map" to zoom to it). Of course, having a more visual way of seeing this immediately (sort of like the Civilization IV 'map filters' where you could see stuff like resources and cultural boundaries on the minimap) would be cool, but perhaps outside the visual idea behind the game (which is very minimalistic).

Back
Top Bottom