style or stats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oroberus

Regular
Hi,

pretty simple, do you prefer style or stats in terms of equipment?
If it's style, wich style do you prefer? (what armor and weapons do you use)
If it's stats, what is/are the most important one? (what armor and weapons do you use)

I prefer style and wear the Knights of the Eventide armor (most of the items lordly) in combination with tear drop shield. As it comes to weaponchoice I'm looking for a middleway by using Zweihander (fine), knightlance (fine), morningstar (heavy), warhammer (heavy) and sarleon halberd (fine).

While it's true you could ressurect a topic almost exactly like this here somewhere among the ''what do you like about PoP'',... I'll indulge in this, for it's been a while since I last did it (and since its a religious holiday today don't plan to go out tonight -> hence the free time to do this).

I usually go for a mix of style and stats. In start game I always go for stats, so looking like something like man-bear-pig is nothing extraordinary. But after a bit I start looking for things like Mettenheim plate, Legionare armour, Immortal helm.

For shield I try to get the biggest and fastest combination (usually resulting in something with 90 speed and 100+ size).

As far as weapons go Noldor and runed weapons as well as halberds are quite desireble (stat and look wise), but currently I experimenting with blunt weapons (especially now that I've discovered Warband PoP has weapons capable of hitting multiple enemies in a single swing).
These things look awsome when 3 guys/girls fall in front of you.

Style all the way.
Right now I play Ravenstern Ranger-like foot archer (my first bow + 2h wp infantry char), dressed almost exactly like the unit it emulates. I plan on getting Dragon/Kierguard Plate though (it's beautiful!).

I would like to play style but I only equip things I loot (to save money for elsewhere) and rarely buy weapons and armour so it never works out that way, at least at the start. I don't like to put anything on myself or my companions that looks blatantly mismatched though even if something is higher statistically. I do have a style in mind for every hero though, I just wait until I loot it. I only buy if there is an urgent necessity.

I typically gun for stats because style meanders it's way in on it's own later. I will admit that I don't have it in me to let Sigismund wear a helm because it detracts from his "Pony Tailed Sissy Man Action Hero Yet Limb Chopping Badassery" look. I typically don't purchase armor because it seems a waste to me. Yes, you will get hit now and again. The problem I have is relying on my armor to save me. Use your shield and keep your head low!

With our PoP armor, you can have both style and stats!  Look at the Ebony Platemail, for example, and you can put the black boots and black steel gauntlets and a good helmet with it and look as chic as Siggy.

Yeah, as far as equipment goes, generally the better looking the item is, the better it's stats. I will pass up an ugly helmet or something like that if it only offers 3 or 4 points above my current equips. I love my looted Balanced Jatu Honor Lance and I think it's the best looking lance in the game, they really stand out on the battlefield. I recently switched from the Fierdsvain War Axe, which is really nice to look at to a looted Singalian Death Saber, sadly I've never seen either item at a merchant's so I'd advise anyone who acquires either to hold on to them.

Style: used the Knights of the Dragon Outfit during my Ravenstern Campain playtrough.

Right now I restartet with the Empire, not sure what I'm going to pick. Knights of the Eventide eventually? :smile:

Style. That´s the whole point about all the ***** Galore Delux Eyecandy. And since most armor classes are pretty equal in stats it doesn´t really matter wether you equip a Ebony Plate, Heraldic Plate, Suit of Mettenheim Plate, Knight of the Lion plate or a Dragon Knight armor.

The only thing that´s a must is the Sallet with Plume for Boadice and Houndskull helmets for the Sir´s. Though Rayne looks fearsome with a Molded Great Helm as well.

Diev got the Ankh-Plate I looted off some Vanskerries and always get a Great Fel Helmet no matter what armor he gets and a talek warhammer and shield.

PoP is all about style. If you can go kill stuff AND look fancy, go do it. Go check out the screenshot thread and start on page 1 to see what I´m talking about.

Back
Top Bottom