Stuttering gameplay and lagging

Users who are viewing this thread

For a week I have got a weird lagging problem with Mount and Blade Warband while I play it online. I have limited my fps to 120 and it has been like that always. Now fps has started to jump between 100 and 120 when it used to be pretty stable 120. In gameplay there is delay in animations, no time to react to swings, character is moving wierdly (like taking couple of steps too much to some direction). Ping is stable and internet connection is working fine. I can't remember doing anything special to my Warband. It's also the only game having this problem, games like Witcher3/RocketLeague is working fine. I have also noticed some temperature problems but since it doesn't affect Witcher 3 I don't think that's the problem causing this to Warband. Because of this lag I can't fight against anyone and shooting arrows accurately is impossible. Number of players doesn't matter, lag will be there even if there was only couple of players on a server (it's all servers, not just one or two). This problem showed up not long after I bought the game from Steam. I already had non-steam version. For a moment I didn't have any problems even if I had two warbands installed. I eventually uninstalled both of those. After Uninstall there is still lags and also sounds of weapons have slightly changed when they clash with other weapons. Also sounds of swinging, shooting arrows and hitting shields have changed. I dont have any mod which can cause this. Lagging problem was in both non-steam and steam version, but sounds are wierd only in steam version. I had wolfpack admin mod in non-steam but now I have uninstalled and removed all of it from my pc. So I only got steam warband at the moment.

Short version of problem: Can't see attack animations of enemies correctly. Also can't see my own attack animations in real time if I swing fast. It feels like I'm playing with ping 120-150, but ping is working fine in this game and other online games too.

I have tried:
Changing settings
Switching render_buffer_size from 15 to 100, 400 and 500
Changing process priority from normal to high or realtime
Uninstall and reinstall
Verified integrity of game cache in steam's game properties
using Game Booster

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 3455MB used, 12920MB available (i dont know what are page files, but someone said it can cause some problems too so I add those here)
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Ask if you need more info and I will give it to you.

EDIT: Been testing other games too. Seems like this stuttering thing also happens in other online multiplayers like CS and Payday2. Fps is jumping between 60-120 however. Also it seems like temperature problems are back. CPU temperature is 90c while playing, I did clean my pc so there should not be that much of dust, also fans are working fine and I have had this pc since 2012

90°C is too high, the maximum operating temperature for that processor is 55°C - 62°C. Since everything in cooling seems to be working, I would double check and then consider replacing the cooling system.

Back
Top Bottom