stupid question - how to defend a castle against seige

Users who are viewing this thread

anon32

Recruit
So, I was wanting to try defending a castle. I waited for an enemy war party to approach my castle and then I entered the castle and chose "wait here for a while". They started beseiging the castle and I ended up just sitting there. How do I start the castle fight sequence?

you don't. just keep waiting, and eventually they should try to assault your castle. if It's taking too long, simply attack the lord besieging you as you would on the map. however, this will be "sallying" out, so instead of defending the castle from the inside, you charge out and fight the lord in front of the castle, assuming he doesn't run away yet still have you under siege.

I've wanted to ask this for a while:  I'm still playing 0.955, but according to the 0.960 patch notes, it's more likely the AI attacks your castle while you're there in that version.  Has anyone tried luring the enemy into an assault in 0.955?  Is it even possible or do you just need a huge difference in numbers to pull it off?

I've tried luring... no such luck in any version.  Its all about the numbers and their own "goals" and, if you own somebody's old castle, he will probably show up and try to take it back sometime.

Yes, .960 intentionally cuts the "waiting" time for a siege assault in like... half or so (and although there is a bug that makes losing sieges hard to do (lol yeah), now, sieges are MUCH better, in that just because you get knocked out in a siege defense, you don't instantly lose the siege).

Plus .960 has some VERY good features, such as Imprisoning your Lord Prisoners, stationing your heroes and LESS bugs.  I'd recommend keeping .955 for mods (if you mod), and come on over to .960

Defended castles in 960, like 10-15 times so far, what matters is they need to outnumber you a bit mostly, though i have tried a enemy that wherent outnumbering me that tried sieging a castle i was in, so yeah...

I've defended the same castle a number of times, and find that if your garrison is small and their army is large, and you're in the middle of their territory, they should attack it a bunch. Then just wait.

James said:
I've defended the same castle a number of times, and find that if your garrison is small and their army is large, and you're in the middle of their territory, they should attack it a bunch. Then just wait.

Aye, I'd wager it has something to do with the number of enemy lords/size of armies. Often I've waited forever when dealing with 2-3 small Lord parties, while 5-6 Lord parties (including a large army) launch an attack fairly quickly. (2-3 days)

Back
Top Bottom