Strange new issues with "Load Textures on Demand"

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Warband has ran fine for me ever since it came out, but ever since today, I've had this strange issue where the game closes immediately after the little Paradox intro video segment (right before the game loads). This only happens with the "Load Textures on Demand" box checked in, but the strange thing is, I have had that checked since forever without any hitches.

I've tried everything to fix it. I've completely removed and installed Warband, I've used system restore to go back to earlier points in my system- I'm not sure what to do now.

I've been trying to play the Floris pack mod lately, and it only ever worked with the load on demand options checked in (it crashes when loading the settings without it on). Anyone know how to fix this?

PS: Interestingly, if I have the load on demand option checked, I get the same error report if I exit out of the launcher without even starting the game.

Caba`drin said:
Crashes
Q: I tried to use "Load Textures on Demand", but my game crashed immediately.
OR: The game crashes when I try to change the main game options.

Warband version 1.143 is prone to corrupt configuration files. Try deleting the rgl_config.txt file (in the Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ folder) and, if necessary, the whole folder found at %APPDATA%\Mount&Blade Warband\   
This will force Warband to recreate your configuration files. Re-enter your settings and you should be good to go.

Caba`drin said:
Caba`drin said:
You might try deleting the rgl_config.txt file (in the Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ folder) and, possibly, the whole folder found at %APPDATA%\Mount&Blade Warband\

This will clear any configuration bugs that this current version of Warband is prone to.
Ah, excellent, I hadn't thought to delete the whole Warband folder at the appdata folder. That worked out just fine, thanks for the very quick reply.

Is this a new issue to 1.143 in particular? I haven't played .143 very much, but I don't recall ever having such an issue in older versions. Also, is the culprit for this known? It'd be nice to be able to avoid corruption again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom