SP - Economy story main quest 1.8.0 not oppressive enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
Hello,

No free reviews I assure you, just feedback.

I wanted to test playing economy with caravans and workshops with 1.8.0. by taking the faction most favored by the bonuses: the aseraï.
I played a "hard" part, ie all realistic and all boxes checked.

So I started a classic quest with an aserai hero.

As soon as I had enough money, I gradually launched several caravans. Very quickly I was earning enough to live decently while passing the first stages of the quest.

Problems: the quest asks us to choose a realm, but why do I prosper with my caravans while remaining neutral?

I have to make the choice if I want to continue the quest, but nothing really forces me to. By staying neutral, I can get rich for hundreds of days if I want.
I left the game running on its own, seeing no reason to continue the quest since the game doesn't force me to. I kept thriving and nothing happened. I just kept feeding my men.

Of course boredom sets in.

So, an event would have to push us to join a faction or create our Kingdom to give meaning to the quest.

After a few hours when the game was running almost without my intervention, the different kingdoms continue to wage war.

I then joined the one that had invaded the most castles and towns. I joined the "strongest". I continued my trade without worrying too much about the war. I continued to thrive but was bored.
So I went to war a bit like that, to keep busy. Nothing pushes after all to destroy the Empire, I don't care a bit.

Also, I'm still bored.

I do the missions against the istiana quest. Only way to save time. The Aserai are in bad shape. I don't know why, they got destroyed. I leave the faction. The main quest (destroy the Empire) ends... No faction wants me.

It's boring.

I do not know what to do. For me, I decide it's game over because there's no incentive for me to keep playing.

Also I know that many people will criticize this negative review.

But it was necessary to say that I would like more events or pressure on the player to encourage us to advance in the quest or develop our own Kingdom. We start neutral, as a merchant for example, why, suddenly, would I want to become a hero?

This is the question that the main quest should answer... However, it does not answer it.

In short, I don't care if they all go to war, I don't see why I would get involved in that...

I hope you will understand me.

My propositions :
- do a more "decisive" main quest,
- put more pressure on the player's hero to give a reason for progress in the quest (it would almost have to be vital to do the quest, otherwise, you might as well play the sandbox),
- make the quest more narrative and threatening, perhaps faster too, even if it means forgetting the destruction of the Empire or the barbarians
- allow the aseraïs to continue their trade even in times of war (it's already much better than in 1.7.2, it seems to me).

In short, a more oppressive, more dynamic, more narrative and perhaps shorter quest (we could continue a sandbox part when the quest is over) which would give "body" to our character and a reason to "wage war ".

Ideally, I would have preferred a different quest per faction, but don't dream.

But hey, I know that won't happen... But I thought it would be nice to get back to you

We're still in Beta, so I know the game has come a long way already. The quest may not be complete. I would understand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom