Stopping people from hijacking servers and claiming them as their own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently, I got poll banned from S4 by HULKSMASH and Centurion orangeknite. I was playing, and they were saying they had a clan meeting. I said they can't take a server as their own, and got poll banned. There was a third one, I forgot his name. So we must actually find a way to stop this mess from happening again. Bans can last as long as till the next patch, and if they wouldn't be so long, I wouldn't be writing this topic, but this has gone out of hand. Some little kid trying to act as though his little clan deserves a special meeting in a server? He could pm his members instead of messing up Server 4.

I always found HULKSMASH to be a reasonable fellow and assumed it would have been in a reserved clan match time. *shrug*

I have another comment to add, but that'd get me muted, so...  :razz:

Maybe vote ban should be disabled until you have more than X players in total (where x is set by server), it would at least stop 2 or 3 people vote banning the one other guy on the server.

looy said:
Maybe vote ban should be disabled until you have more than X players in total (where x is set by server), it would at least stop 2 or 3 people vote banning the one other guy on the server.

Hmm, you know I think that is a bloody good idea actually.

Ultimately once the game is release most private servers are going to turn off vote banning and probably vote kicking. Server operators for other game have quickly learned to turn off at least those functions, and oftne turn off the voting system all together. IT is very open to abuse, for to open for the taste of most private server owners.

actually, Our clan was practicing and dueling,
when you came in and started killing us.
We asked politely for you to stop 3 times and then finally had too kick you.
You could have just had respect and just left to one of the srvers with people,
instead of being evil and killing us during our training.

-Hulksmash

P.s. our clan is too small to officially reserve a server, we only have 5 members.

yes what hulk said and also bans only last for 30 mins. We didnt meen to band you sorry we meant to kick you sorry but you were mean and would not leave

HULKSMASH said:

-Hulksmash

P.s. our clan is too small to officially reserve a server, we only have 5 members.

Well, clearly, if the server isn't reserved, you shouldn't be able to ban people just for playing the game. Solution? Get a real clan, one with 10 or more people!

orangeknite1 said:
and also bans only last for 30 mins.

Thats not really a reason to ban anyone since you could have just kicked. Plus if you request a server I don't really think clan size is an issue as long as nobody is using the servers at the time you ask.

HULKSMASH said:

-Hulksmash

And what, you guys couldn't team up and kill him yourself, so you had to kick him because he was better than you?

Not your server, so deal with it, this is a beta, not clan practice phase.

HULKSMASH said:

-Hulksmash

I'm more than happy to setup a server for you if you ask me and there are plenty of server available. However, banning a player on a nonreserved server is not acceptable

Politely leave? What makes that server yours? What gives you the right to go around setting up your little clan practices without the consent of other people? Apparently it was the bunch of you trying to act as though your little clan deserved a server, and that were all dicks for massacring you. Apparently I am made to look as the evil and mean bully who just killed them and laughed his ass off. Apparently you're going to start crying your head off because I said "This server is not yours". Apparently you are going to call me a mean person. I don't care how many minutes or days I get banned, it is still a ban. And no, you did not mean to make it a kick, if it was meant to be a kick, it would have been one.

SovietSoldier is right here. The clan had absolutely no reason whatsoever to start kicking people out from the server. You have to reserve the time and server from the official thread and not just hijack a server and start kicking people from it.  :???: HULKSMASH, orangekite1 and the whole XIII clan of yours, don't do this ever again and apologize from SovietSoldier.

sadnhappy said:
SovietSoldier is right here. The clan had absolutely no reason whatsoever to start kicking people out from the server. You have to reserve the time and server from the official thread and not just hijack a server and start kicking people from it.  :???: HULKSMASH, orangekite1 and the whole XIII clan of yours, don't do this ever again and kiss and hug SovietSoldier.
fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom