Still cant play. Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Using a gamepad is still stopping the mouse from giving input directions for blocking and attacking. When the controller is in use, I am unable to change block or attack direction which makes the game unplayable for me.

Is there anything I can do on my end to force this to work? I really only need the left analog stick on the gamepad so that I can simulate wasd without shredding my wrist. Everything else in game I can do with the mouse in my right hand.

For taleworlds, I have never written a line of code in my life, but I have a strong hunch that this is happening because there is no "or" check when the gamepad is in use. The game is checking for block and attack direction input from ONLY the right analog stick when it should be checking for input from the right analog stick OR the mouse. FWIW the Warband code for this worked perfectly and allowed myself and others to use both controller and mouse at the same time if you still have that available to look at.

It is also worth pointing out that using 100% the controller is currently not working as intended as well. Block direction (but not attack direction) is inversed, so blocking left will have the character throw up a right block and blocking right will throw up a left block.

Using a gamepad is still stopping the mouse from giving input directions for blocking and attacking. When the controller is in use, I am unable to change block or attack direction which makes the game unplayable for me.

Is there anything I can do on my end to force this to work? I really only need the left analog stick on the gamepad so that I can simulate wasd without shredding my wrist. Everything else in game I can do with the mouse in my right hand.

For taleworlds, I have never written a line of code in my life, but I have a strong hunch that this is happening because there is no "or" check when the gamepad is in use. The game is checking for block and attack direction input from ONLY the right analog stick when it should be checking for input from the right analog stick OR the mouse. FWIW the Warband code for this worked perfectly and allowed myself and others to use both controller and mouse at the same time if you still have that available to look at.

It is also worth pointing out that using 100% the controller is currently not working as intended as well. Block direction (but not attack direction) is inversed, so blocking left will have the character throw up a right block and blocking right will throw up a left block.
Trust me, this is good for your health

Not necessarily a helpful comment from myself - but have you looked into ergomatic keyboards? I don't know what your wrist issue is - so can't really comment.

Not necessarily a helpful comment from myself - but have you looked into ergomatic keyboards? I don't know what your wrist issue is - so can't really comment.
Unfortunately I have one and it doesnt solve the issue. It originated from Tennis and now involves anything that requires me to hold my arm active above my waist for long periods. Using the controller works because I can keep my entire arm rested in my lap essentially and only use my thumb and trigger finger.

I have neuropathy and one of the consequences is carpal tunnel syndrome. I use cycling gloves with padding in the palms to elevate and pad my palms slightly to relieve pressure on the medial nerve. This may not apply to your situation, but others may find this tip useful. Hope you can get your issue solved. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom