Steam Sale, warband 1/2 price

Users who are viewing this thread

Mother ...  f#($*&s ...

I just bought Mount & Blade, Warband, and a 2nd copy of Warband for a friend off of Steam  --  last week.

$45 down the drain!

I put a post in the cheap gaming section about it, and there are a lot of other games from numerous publishing companies that are 50% off or more.

Steam is pretty awesome.

BUT, I get annoyed at the auto-updating in Steam.  Nice thing with Warband, apparently, is that if you buy/install from Steam, and then decide to install from Taleworld's direct download, it (somehow) still recognizes that you own the game.  This is what I did and it's been working flawlessly!

Yes, yes, to be totally fair Steam is surely a nice invention for human enjoyment. By Steam I mean Internet game store - not annoying application that I uninstalled right after retrieving  the serial key for Warband.

diavel said:
Yes, yes, to be totally fair Steam is surely a nice invention for human enjoyment. By Steam I mean Internet game store - not annoying application that I uninstalled right after retrieving  the serial key for Warband.

with steam you can browse the web while waiting to respawn without tabing out. You can chat to your friends on steam without tabing out while playing. I can see why that would be anoying.
Also, why didnt you buy warband from this website? Taleworlds would probably get more money.

JamesHardaker said:
with steam you can browse the web while waiting to respawn without tabing out. You can chat to your friends on steam without tabing out while playing. I can see why that would be anoying.
Also, why didnt you buy warband from this website? Taleworlds would probably get more money.
It seemed to be too complicated for my simple brain. I naively purchased a copy from one of Polish (that's my country) stores. I wanted to have a box, a cd and a little book, from no rational reason. To my surprise cd, besides the game itself, contained steam application; and I didn't get serial key for warband at first. I had to install steam and then install warband from steam application. I will never buy any game from that store again.

What's annoying about steam application? Well it's just that I don't need any advertising application running in background and doing things I have no way to check. Besides there was some weirdness about updates - they're always too late. So I got serial key from steam application and downloaded the newest version from taleworlds.net. So, yeah, that's my story, my friend. Now I'm older and trying to make my life back to normal.

Now you have to admit you sound like a PR/marketing person from steam. Nothing wrong with it if you are, though. Cheers.

JamesHardaker said:
You've been able to do the same thing with X Fire for years. And it supports far more games, and includes screenshot, streaming and video to boot.

Though I've yet to find an occasion on why I'd want to browse the internet while gaming. And last time I tried Steam seemed to use Internet Explorer, so it can cut that **** out right away.

Just found out about it and wanted to spread the glorious news...but you beat me to it... :sad:

Its currently $14.99 on Steam and that sale will last until July 4.  This is it guys.  The price youve all (well, a lot of you) have been wanting.  I said id pay $20 for Warband, and this is certainly below that.  Looks like ill actually be seeing you guys on the battlefield soon.  I think what ill do is buy it from Steam, then download the client from Taleword's website.  I dont like playing most games on Steam.  Some I dont mind, but others just dont feel right on Steam.  Its complicated :smile:.

Just in time too.  I recently overclocked my CPU and have noticed some FPS increase in games.  WOOO!

EDIT:
I also recently bought a couple games for around the same price (total, not individually).  I love it when Steam is having sales.  Deus Ex was being sold for close to $3 when I bought it.  Steam gives great deals.  I swear, I dont even buy my games at full price anymore.  For PC, I buy them during sales or a long time after theyve been released.  For consoles, I buy them used.  Great way to save money, as opposed to running to a store like a madman as soon as a game comes out and buying it fresh off the press (so to speak).  It pays to be patient.
See!!!!  All of you who criticized and said to buy Warband anyway at full price!  You impatient people can suck it!  Once again, it pays to be patient.  Whew, that felt good.

diavel said:
JamesHardaker said:
It seemed to be too complicated for my simple brain. I naively purchased a copy from one of Polish (that's my country) stores. I wanted to have a box, a cd and a little book, from no rational reason. To my surprise cd, besides the game itself, contained steam application; and I didn't get serial key for warband at first. I had to install steam and then install warband from steam application. I will never buy any game from that store again.

What's annoying about steam application? Well it's just that I don't need any advertising application running in background and doing things I have no way to check. Besides there was some weirdness about updates - they're always too late. So I got serial key from steam application and downloaded the newest version from taleworlds.net. So, yeah, that's my story, my friend. Now I'm older and trying to make my life back to normal.

Now you have to admit you sound like a PR/marketing person from steam. Nothing wrong with it if you are, though. Cheers.

no im not. But valve have done more for pc gaming than any other company out there. Show respect you tool. Steam is excellent software (i am a software developer) and 2 million people right now using steam agree with me.

JamesHardaker said:
no im not. But valve have done more for pc gaming than any other company out there. Show respect you tool. Steam is excellent software (i am a software developer) and 2 million people right now using steam agree with me.
:grin: You got offended because I stated my opinion on some application? What are you? Oh wait I know - you're that barman that makes websites currently. Behold my army of over 6.5 billion people not using steam. Chill out. Steam store is cool for their prices but application is really just advertising (spying?) software really not doing anything that I personally need. And it runs all the time in the background. I just hate advertising. In what way steam is excellent software? Can your barmanness kindly elaborate and not just state supposed tautologies like it's a part of your religion? It's nothing wrong if it is though, tool.

Edit: Oh, and I don't like you any more.

to be fair, saying steam is an advertisement application and that it "does stuff you don't know about" is very very silly.

the "ads" are extremely minimal(and exclusively limited to awesome game sales, such as this, and new game announcements) and it isn't some thinly disguised malware app...it's a great tool for PC gamers.

you not wanting to use it is perfectly fine, but don't make baseless claims out of ignorance.

GrandmaFunk said:
to be fair, saying steam is an advertisement application and that it "does stuff you don't know about" is very very silly.
OK I may be silly but:
GrandmaFunk said:
the "ads" are extremely minimal(and exclusively limited to awesome game sales, such as this, and new game announcements)
So there are ads. I don't have any other application that puts advertisements. Application that puts ads in front of my eyes is advertising application.

I really don't know what it's doing when it's running. Do you know? I would love to know it, I just don't have a way to find out, so don't call me ignorant.
GrandmaFunk said:
and it isn't some thinly disguised malware app...
And you know it how? I simply say - I have no idea to find out.

GrandmaFunk said:
it's a great tool for PC gamers.
Yes, I know it's an excellent application and a great tool for PC gamers. I read it. Could you explain it in more detail what's so excellent and great about it? I would gladly change my mind.

GrandmaFunk said:
you not wanting to use it is perfectly fine
Thank you for your allowance. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom