Status Of RaW V.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Neville said:
Not only that you have to look at it in another way. The old MnG team (No offence to them at all, there great guys and great friends) took a long time to release each patch and update. I know there were set backs, but seek coded this in ONE WEEK, how can people expect it to be perfectly balanced how can people expect a perfect mod suited to them.

It takes time to make things great and i think with more time spent on the mod sorting things out the mod could be very good. Of course it wont suit everyone, but best of luck to Seek and the team, keep up the amazing work.
The new Items are awsome.
The balance can be changed.

The thing that makes this mod horrible for me, is the new animations.

Thanks for trying to reach common ground and for the kind words, it eases the burden.

As Neville/James mentioned it was done in a bit of a hurry in a week and half and it is my first multiplayer project. He's quite a nice guy, even with his mixed feelings about the mod he tries to adapt and allows me to do some testing on his server so cheers to him.

I'm sorry to have taken it personally but try to see it my way, imagine yourself working with classmates on a project for school and try to do something innovative while everyone does the same scheme, you divert all your free time towards it but once released you get worse grades because it wasn't what the teacher was expecting. It kinds of breaks your enthusiasm.
This might not be the best example but the only one I could think in the moment.

Thanks again for the second chance, we try our best. And we are doing changes to the animations, Rgcotl worked on this a lot on the past days.

Anxious to see the final result.

And while I love Macedon and Greece, my heart lies here, ask James, I'd love to know this - Do you ever plan to overhaul the Celts?

I really like celtic culture too but we haven't made new items for them yet. Anyways we planned to give them plenty of love in the future. It may take time though as Gothic and Rgcotl always aim for excellence in their models.

well first of all Rome at war position always was republican pre-Marian time period (so automatically no segmentata in the future for the mod)
the old segmentata models was kept cause we haven't right research (when we released 1.3) or any new made equipment for Romans at the time (and we still haven't started to do graphical work on Romans)
the models you see for the roman and Celtic side mainly is what SND could get from older our works or comunity OSP's
so visually Romans will look as good as Greeks(Macedons ) looks now or even better when we find time to do it

we the dev mod team always mention that we will go as close as we can in historical mod side
and that is the first step of what is coming here
so the final words this mod is not about one roman faction it is ~3 century BC warfare
M&G is past and we are not going to reveal it

(about Celts - well the research on thems are a bit cheap ones and cause of this for the moment we are still going to work more on other factions than on Celtic ones)
but perhaps in RAW4.0 we can show something good to thems

rgcotl said:
well first of all Rome at war position always was republican pre-Marian time period (so automatically no segmentata in the future for the mod)
the old segmentata models was kept cause we haven't right research (when we released 1.3) or any new made equipment for Romans at the time (and we still haven't started to do graphical work on Romans)
the models you see for the roman and Celtic side mainly is what SND could get from older our works or comunity OSP's
so visually Romans will look as good as Greeks(Macedons ) looks now or even better when we find time to do it

we the dev mod team always mention that we will go as close as we can in historical mod side
and that is the first step of what is coming here
so the final words this mod is not about one roman faction it is ~3 century BC warfare
M&G is past and we are not going to reveal it

(about Celts - well the research on thems are a bit cheap ones and cause of this for the moment we are still going to work more on other factions than on Celtic ones)
but perhaps in RAW4.0 we can show something good to thems
So you basicly say, History above gameplay?

Windbusche said:
Anxious to see the final result.

And while I love Macedon and Greece, my heart lies here, ask James, I'd love to know this - Do you ever plan to overhaul the Celts?

Viducasses, good times my friend :smile:

Would restart if I had time, but the 44ste is a taxing thing to maintain.

I just like being able to destroy Romans while wearing Woad Paint because I'm so fast.

Actually, I've started working on roman swords yesterday and I'm gonna start on reworking the roman hasta/light pilum. A new heavy pilum needs to be made too so rome is under development.Also, we really do need to give gauls love. Their history is awesome and it needs to be depicted as you think we have enough info on them rglcotl.

I'm definitely willing to give this mod another shot, should the NA server be set to TDM, or DM, and also be up. As it appears it's not now, battle is just boring with so few people.

Back
Top Bottom