Starting startagey....

Users who are viewing this thread

No real need for a guide.
Run around cities and recruit nobles -> train them to hero adventurers. Get hired as a mercenary early so you don't have to worry about your troop wages.
When you see uniques spawn, lure them to the Noldor and join the fight, capture him/her and release him/her for a gem (also get the free one in Rane), trade your first 2-3 gems for Noldor troops and from this point forward you can pretty much conquer Pendor, it just takes time.
And enjoy your stay in Pendor, it's a hell of a lot fun. Don't forget to create you own Knighthood Order.  :roll:

1. Strength 18> gem in Rane> Quigfen in Laria> Runed Bastard Sword
2. What makes the grass grow? BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!
3. Get hired and hoard renown
4. With 300 men and Companions keep balance of Pendor
5. Become king and throw Pendor off balance.
6. Have fun!

madboy said:
1. Strength 18> gem in Rane> Quigfen in Laria> Runed Bastard Sword
2. What makes the grass grow? BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!
3. Get hired and hoard renown
4. With 300 men and Companions keep balance of Pendor
5. Become king and throw Pendor off balance.
6. Have fun!

Cannot agree enough!!  :mrgreen:
Just add a 5.5 => build Noldor cloning farms in every castle  :twisted:

yosuke30 said:
When you see uniques spawn, lure them to the Noldor and join the fight, capture him/her and release him/her for a gem (also get the free one in Rane), trade your first 2-3 gems for Noldor troops and from this point forward you can pretty much conquer Pendor, it just takes time.

Yeah, hunting down spawns early on can greatly speed up your play-through but, please, don't spend your oh so valuable gems on a few tree-hugger... 
spend them opening Quigfen's shop, bumping your stats (or your companions') or build KHOs. Anything but those easy to kill pointy ears douches...  :evil: 

I can see that there are other good uses for your first gems, but Noldor troops have a few advantages. They look cool and make sieges a lot easier (just let them snipe everyone, most of the sieges I don't even enter the enemy castle).
And it's not always about being useful. Having Noldor troops just adds immersion for me. It just feels good having them (instead of some HA or any other troops which just seem to follow you for the money (except KHO), it's a long way for Noldor to follow you and it feels good to be rewarded).

yosuke30 said:
I can see that there are other good uses for your first gems, but Noldor troops have a few advantages. They look cool and make sieges a lot easier (just let them snipe everyone, most of the sieges I don't even enter the enemy castle).
And it's not always about being useful. Having Noldor troops just adds immersion for me. It just feels good having them (instead of some HA or any other troops which just seem to follow you for the money (except KHO), it's a long way for Noldor to follow you and it feels good to be rewarded).

I understand it, but as someone who hates those pointy-eared pricks, my opinion might be a little bit biased  :mrgreen:

If you played PoP already many times , there is a little thing one can do to give him another gameplay:

Create Character, export it , change stats on character sheets according to what experience you want to have; example:

An obese Merchant with lot of soft skills, money , level 40 Char but Ironflesh, Melee Skills, Agility and Athletics virtually 0  :eek:

A Game becomes different - there is no soloing as for you are fat, slow and weak  :mrgreen: , you will early on have to build some sort of cashflow that enables you to pay for your bodyguards (which you alone won't be able to train - as you are unskilled, fat and weak ) and so on

And just pray that you never get trapped by bandits during nights out in Towns or villages  :twisted:

For me it was this creation of "special" Chars , with their own place inside the prophesy - really kept me to this very game all this years.

Very good tip regarding the creation of "unique" characters. Cause let's be honest, apart from the early to mid game every playthrough boils down to play out pretty much the same, there can be only so much variety when the goal is to conquer a continent.

My second playthrough. My new strategy to make tonnes of money is to get a big army (100+), it takes a little while. Then find small jatu armies (30 or 40) and auto calc them. You get so many more prisoners (especially if you have sheriffs in your army). The loot and prisoners is the fastest way to make money I have found.

Its also a good idea to find noldor battles and help them. Then you can drag nog armies to them and get gems. Although i only do this if someone is clkse by because its so boring and cheating.

Also become a mercenary. They will pay your army expenses which is huge. If you do trade there are only a few good places. Senderfall has iron. Torbah jas salt and wool. And nal tar (forget how to spell it) has super cheap spice. Jist go between these places.

Back
Top Bottom