Started a kingdom but every week lords relations drop?

Users who are viewing this thread

ShanghaiDoll

Recruit
So, I started a new kingdom and every week that passes it drops all relations with my kingdom's lords by 5? What gives?

Quintillius said:
That's right. You need to maintain relations with lords like in CKII.

Sorry, I didn't play CKII, only EUIV/Vic. Wait, so this means I have to arselick all of my lords every week? Is there any special way that is implemented to counter this? Or do I have to travel everywhere and have a cup of tea with all of my vassals?
Wouldn't this way, just to maintain 5 lord's relations would take up an entire week wouldn't it? Is there any way to turn this off?

I whole heartedly agree with ShanghaiDoll. That this system, although I understand it's presence and see how some may like it, it's simply too difficult to maintain due to the time it takes to send a letter of approval which you can only do once a week which sucks balls if you have more than one vassal let alone my 8. Also even if it were just a matter of seeing the steward to amend relations it takes a long time and time a KING would not have. I would very much like to see this feature gone or made optional. Or to meet in the middle and reduce the amount of relation degradation. As always, fantastic mod and keep up the amazing work :smile:

Second this motion.  In the meantime, hire a steward, send 100k a week "gifts", don't give towns or castles to more than 1 or 2 lords - and keep those 2 guys as happy as you can.  It is nearly impossible, especially with low rents.

Misunderstood the thread lock thing, lol.

I'll just post my question here again.

Kind of spoke too early back there. Apparently the only ways to improve relations are to send them a letter that increase relations by 10 but can only be used once in a week.
The other increases relations by 5 with that lord however completely imbalances the kingdom's power. Sorry for asking without playing but is there any way to at least maintain the relations without having to do it manually? At this rate I can only maintain 2 lord's relations by this method, since I can only give 10 relation points every week, so I'd have to lick lord A's ass week 1 and week 2 I could lick lord B's ass before going back to licking lord A's ass the next week. The rest I'd have to mess up the balance or just manaully go and ass lick them on the field...

WHICH is something I find to be god awfully tedious to do. Asking my stewards where they are, then going there to find another lord and asking them where the lord I'm searching for go, then going there to find out he was there but 2 days ago and that he's at my home center which is 2 days afar from where I am.

That way, I'd only have to spend some $$$ on restore the power balance but I feel like that's not how it's designed to be. Which leads me to another question - is the power balance that dangerous? For example, if I change it to 4% clergy, 3% commoners and 93% nobility will the kingdom come crashing down like a meteor?
I don't have that much time to play so I'm not really deep into the game yet. From what I feel, if I change the power too much like what I exampled before then I feel as if the kingdom would come crashing down, is that the case?
Also, how long does it take for say 100% nobility to restore to the natural power balance?

IMO if this whole "ass lick nobles by giving them power for a short time"  a variable way to maintain balance with lords, meaning that even if I do imbalance the power and the kingdom doesn't go to ****s and I could just keep repeating this and every month the kingdom would have a period where the nobility are given **** load of power it could work. But I feel as if this is bad design, I mean... for example if you have 10 lords and you do this with 5 lords and the power is already 0/0/100% power balance then you could do it with the other 5 without any penalty whatsoever, so is this really what was intended?

tl;dr
So basically, how do I maintain vassal relations? I plan on having a kingdom with at least 10 lords and this steward can't do much.

Quintillius said:
Guys, you can also spend 10,000 Florins to increase relations (gift).
you should just take that relation drop out most people deslike it or make it easier just saying

Now I get it. There is some flaw in the code, so you don't have access to the option of sending a gift.
Without makes it a real challenge indeed. 

This small patch fixes a dialogue with the kingdom Steward. You can now spend 10,000 Florins (from kingdom treasury) to improve relations with a vassal. The relation bonusses of either sending a letter, granting privileges and more are increased.

Download link - Moddb

Unpack the file to: ...\Warband\Modules\Nova Aetas\.

* It's savegame compatible.

Have fun!

Well, I was actually just about to give this mod a try, but the prospect of having to deal with regular vassal relation drops that occur for no particular reason at all has seriously discouraged me from doing so. Even if there are options to increase relations manually by sending gifts etc., it makes the whole kingdom administrate rather tedious. Could you at least include an option to switch this mechanic off in game?

You need to maintain relations with vassals, to keep them from defecting.
It's all a matter of gameplay and management and very easy to do.

Ever played CKII?

Quintillius said:
Now I get it. There is some flaw in the code, so you don't have access to the option of sending a gift.

This small patch fixes a dialogue with the kingdom Steward. You can now spend 10,000 Florins (from kingdom treasury) to improve relations with a vassal. The relation bonusses of either sending a letter, granting privileges and more are increased.

Download link - Moddb

Have fun!

Yusssssssssssssssssssss, much appreciated.

Quintillius said:

Download link - Moddb

Have fun!

Great!  Do we give it directly to them or through a minister?

You could also yust spam "give priveliges" to lords, then after your done with that yust go to your financial minister and give commoners power by trade, and then through your cleric give the clergy more power. Probably not an intended feature.

hirtol said:
You could also yust spam "give priveliges" to lords, then after your done with that yust go to your financial minister and give commoners power by trade, and then through your cleric give the clergy more power. Probably not an intended feature.
Hehehe I'll try this, thanks xD.

Back
Top Bottom