Star Wars 1313

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this game yet. So without further ado:

yU9KW.png

The game is centered around bounty hunters and the dirty, gritty Coruscant underworld, and it's rumored to be the first star wars game to get an M rating. It'll be a 3rd person shooter, which is the main downside IMO. Another first person one would be excellent. But I am glad to see the lack of emo Jedi dual wielding reversed sabres.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzm02HN78s

Gameplay footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erDCALIX52I&feature=relmfu

Screenies/concept art.
gallery_2.jpg

gallery_4.jpg

gallery_9.jpg

Generic, linear, scripted 3rd person console shooter. IF thisends up on Steam I look forward to spending $10 at most on it during a sale, if its good.

That said, hopefully it doesn't **** up because we need more good Star Wars games.

Bluehawk said:
They better really push the cyber-punk/sci fi noir angle. I don't want to play in Lucas' cartoon playground anymore.
Word. That's the only reason I've had any interest in this one.

gallery_4.jpg
Aw yeah, is that Twilek a cheap prostitute with an abusive pimp? Just asking since the game has a mature rating.

Also the gameplay video looks decent but not amazing and it was kind of silly how at 20 seconds your entire ****ing body is slung across the room by an explosion right in front of your face and apparently you didn't get a concussion or any fractures, not even a 1st degree burn; not really believable.

Would be nice if they, for once, had strippers/prostitutes that weren't Twi'leks.

Llew said:
It'll be a 3rd person shooter, which is the main downside IMO. Another first person one would be excellent.
How about a non-shooter game, huh? Wouldn't that be excellent? Since there's already a glut of shooters.

Jhessail said:
How about a non-shooter game, huh? Wouldn't that be excellent? Since there's already a glut of shooters.
Naturally. But nobody would buy a starwars game without shooting happening. Unless it was about podracing.

Boo, I'm gonna miss saberrealisticcombat.  :lol:

Austupaio said:
your entire ****ing body is slung across the room by an explosion right in front of your face and apparently you didn't get a concussion or any fractures, not even a 1st degree burn; not really believable.

It's a 3rd person shooter not a simulator.  :wink:

And that said, hope it's more than just a corridor shooter.

Eh. I just want another Jedi Knight game. Jedi Academy was ****ing excellent, although the story and characters were extremely meh.

As for this thing, I suppose a darker, grimier SW experience will be refreshing after Lucas' rancid brain diarrhea that was episodes 1-3. Don't know if just the lower levels of Coruscant will keep me interested, one of the things about Star Wars for me has always been that you visit a ****load of different planets and settings. Also, if it's going to be cover based shooting it had better have a good ****ing story with interesting characters.

Looks like Uncharted: Star Wars. The gameplay looks almost a carbon copy, even down to the way the camera and the cutscenes work. I am disappoint really, though I guess the story should be a little different than the Uncharted blueprint.

I doubt the characters will have the charm that Uncharted ones do, though.

Back
Top Bottom