Squelching

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was playing Warband yesterday, and while I was playing, a certain person (no names) was spamming the text chat. At least four of us were so annoyed with this guy (in a game of around 20) that one of us started a poll on kicking him.

Is it possible to add a "squelch" command to ignore texts from a certain player?

A more user-friendly term would be mute, but I'd like to see it too. It wouldn't have to be a vote thing, just make it so you can interact with the player list (TAB).

I think you could streamline a lot of the menu interfaces by instead making them context menus. For instance, I'd rather press tab to bring up the scoreboard, and then find the name of a player there, right click their name, and see a menu pop up with options ranging from "Mute" to "Start Ban Poll." As a server admin, I'd like to see additional "Admin Mute," "Admin Kick," and "Admin Ban" options.

Just a thought.

I mean personal squelching.

Like in Warcraft III, you could type /squelch <player_name or player_color> (or was it -squelch?). Squelching a player meant not being able to read any messages he sends.

Back
Top Bottom