Sprinting, maybe?

Do you wish you could sprint by holding down "Shift" key?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No.

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Due to the amount of first person games I have played, I kind of missed having the ability to hold Shift in order to "Sprint" faster than both running and walking speed at the cost of some stamina bar that could be affected by your "Athletics" level.
While unable to attack or defend while sprinting, it could also allow for unlocking a "Sprint Attack" perk, most probably a piercing attack, with enough levels at the weapon at hand.

It is extremely useful for closing or widening the distance between you and an enemy or simply walking on the map.

With enough riding skill, you could even possibly unlock a horse sprint, reducing the horses handling and maneuverability by a wide margin, but giving it a big, short boost in speed with a stamina bar of its own, which if depleted, his speed is gonna be reduced for a time until the horse's stamina is filled back up again.
Attacks that hit during the horse's sprint would also gain a bonus damage due to the increased speed and momentum.

It is something that makes sense, is very human and even the AI should be allowed to use, specially when routed and running away.
The default "Zoom" key would be moved to "Z" or another key in order to open Shift up as the default "Sprint" key.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Last edited:
Would love sprint not only for player but moreso for attacking enemies -like they just up and surprise you by leaping at you. S*** happens.

Always found it odd that sprinting wasn't in the game. My favorite mod from Warband had a sprint option. I miss it much more now after moving to banner lord.

Please add sprinting even if it requires stamina which you could increase through Athletic perks. It doesnt make sense to have 2 speeds, walk and run.... Who actually moves like that?

My guy doesn't even run. He just shuffles along like a fat guy chasing an ice cream truck. I guess I really need to level up Athletics.

Level up athletics. Or, ride a horse if you want to go really fast. You can even find horses in town to ride.

I wish you could sprint, as well as step dodge. Would help add some fighting style variations. Mods should be able to do stuff like this, I hope we don't have to wait for the full release a year from now in order to access meshes/animations

At first I thought this, but I got used to not doing it after a while. Mostly it was just force of habit from other games. I'm alright without it.

I think the game is pretty okay without it but I like your ideas about it.
This could be awesome to charge the enemy into battle but maybe do something about not being able to sprint while wearing a heavy armor

Due to the amount of first person games I have played, I kind of missed having the ability to hold Shift in order to "Sprint" faster than both running and walking speed at the cost of some stamina bar that could be affected by your "Athletics" level.
While unable to attack or defend while sprinting, it could also allow for unlocking a "Sprint Attack" perk, most probably a piercing attack, with enough levels at the weapon at hand.

It is extremely useful for closing or widening the distance between you and an enemy or simply walking on the map.

With enough riding skill, you could even possibly unlock a horse sprint, reducing the horses handling and maneuverability by a wide margin, but giving it a big, short boost in speed with a stamina bar of its own, which if depleted, his speed is gonna be reduced for a time until the horse's stamina is filled back up again.
Attacks that hit during the horse's sprint would also gain a bonus damage due to the increased speed and momentum.

It is something that makes sense, is very human and even the AI should be allowed to use, specially when routed and running away.
The default "Zoom" key would be moved to "Z" or another key in order to open Shift up as the default "Sprint" key.
NON-SPAMABLE DIRECTIONAL STEP-DODGE

Back
Top Bottom