SP - General Spontaneity

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount and Blade keeps me coming back because of the “create your own story” nature, but I feel one thing it lacks that draws me to other games is spontaneous dialogue. All the NPC dialogue in Warband/Bannerlord is somewhat formulaic; every companion gives their backstory at the same time, every lord gives the same quest intros, 10+ lords have something to say about the Battle of Pendraic, ect... Other open-world games like Skyrim, Kingdom Come, and Nier: Automata kept me wanting to do quests because of the new dialogue whereas Bannerlord quests/dialogue are 100% formulaic.

Mount and Blade has way more replayability than those other games because the gameplay itself is spontaneous, but in contrast quests and story elements are overly predictable.

The game would be greatly improved by adding variety of events to add weight to the events of a play through. Ex: random encounters, companion dialogue, unique dialogue from NPCs during tavern drinking game or board games, ect... Maybe your wife/husband voices disconcern if you start a rebellion, ask your companions what they think about restoring/destroying the empire, companion comments on being made to smelt weapons for you every town stop, if you raid enough caravans town NPCs mention rumors, get recognized by random townspeople after winning tournament, ect... Personally the biggest turn off to me of a long Bannerlord/Warband play through has never been gameplay but predictability. These kinds of additions would take the game to the next level for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom