Special items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Knightly Blade seems to get additional reach in 0.570 and speed equal to Heavy Longsword but slightly less damage - it is my choice in this game now :smile:

Decreased damage relative to Jeweled Sword is not an issue - with high Power Strike and correct movements you can still CUT unarmored target in one hit (mounted or as two-hander), but extra speed and reach cannot be compensated with additional hit that you always can perform if the first strike did not kill the man. You can CUT armored knight with high damage Jeweled Sword, but Paladin, for example, can knock out you in one or two hits in the duel. With fast weapon you can parry his attack and strike back, with slow... well... try it yourself to see with which sword you can do it more comfortable. Long Axes has reach 122 (in 0.544) - try to bring down Berserker with reach 125 Jeweled Sword. Fast weapons are concentrated on survival rather on extreme damage numbers.

And that is Blunt damage that penetrates armor most, not Piercing - I read formulas in forum and my game experience do not disagree. Only slightly better than Piercing but nevertheless.

sher said:
And that is Blunt damage that penetrates armor most, not Piercing - I read formulas in forum and my game experience do not disagree. Only slightly better than Piercing but nevertheless.

I agree, Ive been running around using a Balanced Warhammer (45b 113 spd 90 reach) and loving it.  Its worthless on horseback due to its short range but once you can get inside someones guard its over.  I think I've retired my sword for good.

Yeah, its pissing me off that I am getting owned by basic rhodok infantry by being thwapped in the head by their spear for about 20+ damage a hit. Its retarded.

DamienZharkoff said:
Yeah, its pissing me off that I am getting owned by basic rhodok infantry by being thwapped in the head by their spear for about 20+ damage a hit. Its retarded.

Okay, way. So first you people complain that the Rhodoks are worthless in field combat because they dismount people with ease, then don't manage to spear them from 20 directions. Now you complain that the Rhodoks are able to spear people from 20 directions?

The Mercenary said:
DamienZharkoff said:

Okay, way. So first you people complain that the Rhodoks are worthless in field combat because they dismount people with ease, then don't manage to spear them from 20 directions. Now you complain that the Rhodoks are able to spear people from 20 directions?
Their not spearing at all o.o Piercing does **** all still. Right now blunt is doing ungodly damage. I shouldn't be taking 20 damage while standing still to my 110 head armor because I am thwapped with a pole o.o

ok.. stand still... put a 2 mm steel cauldron on your head... let me hit you with a 6 m pole... now when you wake up... say that slavery is no longer legal...
Blunt damage is not reduceabile by normal armour. (same example but with a knife - cuting damage, with a ice-axe piercing damage). A hammer feels equaly bad on the chest or on a 1 cm iron plate placed on a chest (if it does not do piercing damage to the naked chest )
Piercing damage is not big. that is why snipers do not shoot super-armour piercing bullets, but soft copper ones. (that do kill due to the blunt effect of the soft bullet)

Pad that cauldron until its damn near form fitting, and after I'm done kicking your ass for hitting me, then come talk :grin:

Right now the problem is, blunt has becme ungodly, while cutting has become pointless unless on horseback. My jeweled sword 90% of my swings when standing still (And not using the mouse turn exploit) bounce harmlessly off leather and cloth armored men.... wtf? Yet at that same time... blunt damage one hits them.

The Mercenary said:
DamienZharkoff said:

I understand the complaint about blunt damage, but I love the current Rhodok setup. Probably the best balanced troop-line in the game, in my opinion.

Mercenary, could you make a list on the Special Items and how to get them? If it's already out there point me in the right direction.

BTW loving the mod. Pierce damage is godly (Unlike what the last couple of posts said) I don't even need to couch my lance I still kill in one shot.

Mabons said:
Mercenary, could you make a list on the Special Items and how to get them? If it's already out there point me in the right direction.

BTW loving the mod. Pierce damage is godly (Unlike what the last couple of posts said) I don't even need to couch my lance I still kill in one shot.
We're talking about on foot dear.

DamienZharkoff said:
Pad that cauldron until its damn near form fitting, and after I'm done kicking your ass for hitting me, then come talk :grin:

Right now the problem is, blunt has becme ungodly, while cutting has become pointless unless on horseback. My jeweled sword 90% of my swings when standing still (And not using the mouse turn exploit) bounce harmlessly off leather and cloth armored men.... wtf? Yet at that same time... blunt damage one hits them.

The blunt damage is still reduced...
but... if you get hit by a 1t horse it wouldn`t matter much how fluffy your padded plated armour is.. You will still be dead... (same goes for kevlar body armour- if enough kinetic energy is given to a bullet it becomes irelevant if the armour stops it.. it still brakes your ribs, and you pass out.). And historically plate armours had no padding only undergarments

I have not seen that thing you are mentioning with the jeweled sword (I used a poleaxe before i got to 2h hammer and did not see the poleaxe hitting someone and not doing any damage at all). Tried the jeweled sword on a round and i did not liked it ... got back to the hammer as i love those slaves. There might be a colision bug of the sword....

woot i used the search button :grin:

Erm right, when i was a noob, ie now i may of accidentally destroyed the Vaegirs and Swadians.

I want my ivory bow / knight lance / armor :sad:

help pleasee

The Lords of the destroyed faction will join the surviving ones.
Yet they'll use their old faction's troops. So you might still have a chance here.
Even though the Ivory Bow will be hard to get now. Or even impossible I think.

How do I get the king to give me the items? I have a 53+ relation with him at the moment.

You need the rep with the faction. Not the king, even though it doesn't hurt.

Edit:
We're a nice forum and so on.

Edit II:
In before the next question :wink:
You have to be a vassal, too.

Back
Top Bottom