[SP .850] Activation of SP beta does not recognize the old M&B key

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been testing the SP beta  since .632.

Never had too activate a second time after the first installation when a patch came out, but for version .850 I got prompted to activate again. I tried using my M&B key which I used to activate the Warband beta, but no joy.

Bug?

Cheers,

Shun

Edit: BugID 1249 on the tracker

I had problems with the activation too, Warband fired up but I'm not sure if it's in trial mode or not. I tried manual activation too, didn't work.

*Edit*

It was in trial mode. If I started the game with cheats Warband immediately complained about reaching the level limit and exited.

Mine too, asked for the key immediately after install, didn't accept mine.

Edit: The multiplayer exe asked for a key too, but accepted it. The single player exe still rejects, and if ignored runs in trial mode.

I had to download the Single player .exe 5 times before I could even extract the thing and now it's denying my serial key. :sad:

Is this something to do with the pre-order beta access from that filthy download service?

Adorno said:
I'm using the 0.802 single player exe. for the time being; but can't report bugs of course.  :smile:

Meh, if you start a new game, most bugs that you find will be reliable enough since the scripts will be the same as in the version with the new exe. (the text files will remain).

Alhanalem said:
Oddly enough I'm able to play after closing the activation window, and it doesn't lock me out being over level 8.

I tried that too, got to level 11, saved my game and left. Then when I start it up again and load that savegame I get a message saying I cannot play beyond lvl 8.

Alhanalem said:
What was even more interesting is this patch didn't break saves.

Yes, that's intriguing. However, I'll still start a new savegame just in case. You never know =P But if it didn't say "SAVEGAME INCOMPATIBLE" I guess it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom