Sound problems

Users who are viewing this thread

So i only get this problem when playing native not mods :/ While playing in MP after a few rounds quite often my sound will start screwing up. First it will start to sound metalic then it just gets worse and worse until i might as well turn the sound off.

Ive deleted native and sound and re-verified the files so im not sure what it is. Anyone else had this?

_Osiris_ said:
So i only get this problem when playing native not mods :/ While playing in MP after a few rounds quite often my sound will start screwing up. First it will start to sound metalic then it just gets worse and worse until i might as well turn the sound off.

Ive deleted native and sound and re-verified the files so im not sure what it is. Anyone else had this?

Does it only happen in MP or in Singleplayer as well? Also, what version do you have?

This is exactly the same issue I'm having right now. I reinstalled the game, yet the problem remains unsolved. So annoying :s

Hi Osiris and xls,

Please post as many details as you can about your CPU and if you have it, about your soundcard.

I'm using ASUS G75VW gaming laptop and on device manager I see nvidia high definition audio. Idk if there is anywhere else I should be checking for model numbers and such.

For CPU I know it though, its Intel i7 3610QM

Hi xls

Just checked out some specifications and your laptop is pretty high end. So it's definitely not a hardware problem.
My only gues would be trial and error.

Things you could do:
+ Play the game full windowed mode <--> play fullscreen
+ Change some settings in the NVidia audio manager
+ Play with or without Steam overlay

Logicly thinking if the sound is alright at first but gets worse as it goes, it means that some software is not able to keep up. Find it and repair it.
Wish I could give more advice!

Windle said:
Logicly thinking if the sound is alright at first but gets worse as it goes, it means that some software is not able to keep up. Find it and repair it.
Wish I could give more advice!
Yeah, that's what I think too. I keep trying different stuff but couldn't resolve it yet. I'll try your suggestions though, let's see what happens.

EDIT: Installing the previous version of the sound card driver seems to have solved it. Hopefully...

Back
Top Bottom