Sometimes there is no election after capturing a castle or town

Users who are viewing this thread

Arthur_Dent

Recruit
I am vassal of a kingdom. Sometimes after capturing a city or castle I am allowed to take part in the following election and sometimes the castle or town is given to a vassel without an election. What is the reason for that?

I remember this happening to me just after release, i think if the King wants it for themselves there is no vote. I have not seen it happen a lot since and i could be wrong

I am pretty sure there is sort of bug going on. I haven't seen an election in my game for a good 15 hours now. I've taken multiple castles and never see an election. I've also received a castle without an election popping up.

I remember this happening to me just after release, i think if the King wants it for themselves there is no vote. I have not seen it happen a lot since and i could be wrong
The castles were given to other vassals so I guess there is a diffrent problem or bug.

I am vassal of a kingdom. Sometimes after capturing a city or castle I am allowed to take part in the following election and sometimes the castle or town is given to a vassel without an election. What is the reason for that?
This just happend to me as well. Someone captured a castle but instead of an election it went straight to me. Reloaded several times to see if it went to someone else but only me and no election.

But then I reloaded the game again and got the notification of capture as usual, but this time I waited a little bit before I went to the kingdom screen and I got the election. Try waiting a little bit after the notification before you go to the kingdom screen and see if it works for you as well.

Do you happen to be in the Southern Empire? I've noticed Raggy tends to just take everything, whether you have a fief or not.

Also Caladog, if he hates you because you keep executing his enemies, will end up giving a castle to someone else without an election even if you captured it by yourself.

Kings are getting everything for themselves. Impossible to get 2 fiefs in this game currently.

Kings are getting everything for themselves. Impossible to get 2 fiefs in this game currently.

I have a save where Derthert likes me somewhat, he's given me two castles and Lageta so far (all of which I still have) As long as the king is somewhat fair and likes you a bit, they'll give you more than 2 fiefs. Seems like they have different personalities which is very neat.

I have a save where Derthert likes me somewhat, he's given me two castles and Lageta so far (all of which I still have) As long as the king is somewhat fair and likes you a bit, they'll give you more than 2 fiefs. Seems like they have different personalities which is very neat.

Interesting, going to try that. For the moment Ragnvald owns tons of settlements and all other clans just one fief. Going to try to seduce this man.

Interesting, going to try that. For the moment Ragnvald owns tons of settlements and all other clans just one fief. Going to try to seduce this man.

I'm not sure how much they'll need to like you. I tanked my standing with Derthert after I got tired of the stalemate and started executing people. But there might be hidden relation gain for being in an army if you do it long enough. I never did any quests or anything for Derthert, just supported a few of his votes and hung out in his armies.

Same thing with Caladog, even married his daughter and got my relation past 50, but still didn't give us anything.

I've had this issue too, I'm not sure if it is lack of notification of lack of election or both. I may be able to dig out an example now that my latest play is up.

I can tell you that if you will meet the lord and talk to him about the "I heard you need help with something" line and he sends you on the kill a lord quest and you complete it you'll get like +15 relation or something. If you can get your relation up you'll get more fiefs at election time. This was my experience and ymmv.

Somehow, Fafen now always supports me and nobody support Ragnvald now. Not sure if something has changed in last patch or simply Fafen likes me more for some reason. Now I am taking everything for myself like Ragnvald did.

In my game, when a city or castle gets captured the faction leader takes it at the start, with a vote starting for that fief not long after.

Back
Top Bottom