SP - General Something has to be done about the siege AI

Users who are viewing this thread

Recruit
I've lost count of how many sieges I've sent my high level troops into just to have them die to peasants on the siege tower walkways, all because the troop AI refuses to use both siege towers at the same time, or actually break the second gate and go that way.

As for why I don't use the auto-resolve, it's because I feel cheated by it when I lose 50-60 of my top tier men to a mathematical program where as if I played them out, in most battles and sieges my casualties won't even peak 20. It seems unfair to me that I have to either pick between the auto-resolve seemingly just removing my best troops for no reason, or the AI being dumber than a box of rocks and dying for no reason.

Agreed.

Watching my troops climb a ladder only to get bonked to death because they won't fight on the ladder is slightly annoying.

I've moved to creating;
  • 1 x bettering ram
  • 1 x siege tower
  • 1~4 x catapult (build -> move to reserve so they don't get wrecked)
The battering ram almost always gets there first, so I can ride through the gates and start causing havoc. The tower/catapults are basically just fodder to make sure the ram gets there, but if they do damage, great.

Back
Top Bottom