some questions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

BerserK

Regular
Hello there again, its me again :grin: .. I have some questions about this game again :smile:

1. How do I make battle map size larger in my mod? Problem is I have played this game for almost year and its gets boring to fight like 20 vs 20 and my PC can support 100 vs 100 and some more if I pull of some options :smile: But thats to much for my maps .. the troops spawn over map and thats not right :smile: .. I like bloody large battles where I can taste the war scenes. How could I fix this :smile: ? Also if someone know how to make map with less mountains and tree then could asnwer that too :smile: I got feeling its can be changed somewhere in same place :smile:

And some other questions if you all be so kind :smile: ..
2. Is there an option to set your troops before battle starts in some formations ? Like I would like to have some more strategy in my mod, to atleast group archers infantry and cavalery troops or better put them each in specific place :smile: .. Can this be done ? (also making their orders before battle starts - hold position, attack folow me ....) Specially if I design option for batles in castle :smile: that would be very important then :smile:

Could you please stop using smiles they are annoying and make your post hard to read?

To question number 1 I remember someone releasing larger battlefields. You could also make your own battlefield.

You can enlarge the scenes by editing module_scenes.py. Just change the scene code for "random_scene". There is something like "0x300028000003e8fa0000034e00004b34000059be" and you should edit numbers starting from 12th, delete "3e8fa" and add "691a4" instead, it should work.

If you want to make you map less bumpy or to remove some trees, you can use ingame terrain editor and generate map that is good for you (using ruggedness and hills height tools), then copy its code and paste in modules_scenes.py. Also, remove sf_randomize flag. This will cause a problem - you will have almost empty and always the same scene each time, you have a battle. I'm working on the solution of this right now and so far i think that i can randomize the scene by myself (though the scene will be independent of where are you located on the map). Anyway, I can'd do even this. For this moment, I can randomize the scene in the beginning, so it will be not empty and it will be different every time i launch the game, but all battles will be ran on the same scene, until you restart the game.

As you see, this solution is not so brilliant, so if anyone have ideas better (or just have an idea, how to randomize scene each time, you enter it, without using sf_randomize flag) it will be very cool.

BerserK said:
Thanks a lot, I think I will use this for now till someone thinks out something better :smile: Big thanks :smile:
Mortus just gave you a good clue: why don't you try and understand it well so that YOU can come up with something better? You might actually come up with something valuable for everyone...

Don't think something what I can think out will be good for someone else :smile: I am newbie in making mods and have very few ideas :smile: And I can't realise most of them .. But if I will discover something good I will let everyone know it :smile: I am not greedy ..

BerserK said:
Don't think something what I can think out will be good for someone else :smile: I am newbie in making mods and have very few ideas :smile: And I can't realise most of them .. But if I will discover something good I will let everyone know it :smile: I am not greedy ..

I Love you beserk, to stand against them with your army of smileys, keep on, I love their annoyance.

@ Mr.ZinkyWinks: Shouldn't you at least quote his name correctly, while unobtrusively flaming?
@ BerserK: So? You're a noob? I'd surmise it's something that has happened to almost everyone here, so I don't really see the issue there... Did you actually TRY and realize your "very few" ideas? To learn, read as much code as you can, read tutorials, read posts on MBX and then try making something someone already did, so you'll get instant feedback about your capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom