Version number
e1.9.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Ondokei

Recruit
Though only few days left until release, there are still some missing Japanese fonts. I understand this post is a bit intrusive, because I posted the same thing 10 months ago, but I should remind the language quality assurance team of this.

Currently, if we refer to this [Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI\Fonts\SourceHanSansJP.fnt] file, of cause it's not the actual .fnt file I guess, there are 2574 characters are defined in the game. Actually, that's only about 30% of the characters that can be displayed in Shift JIS, encoding for characters commonly used in Japan. To be fair, I think that the current version is covered with "Regular-use Kanji", but there is very few Japanese who lives only with the regular-use except in place where the highest accessibility is required and expected, such as the reception of the city hall, hospital or like that. So, the lack of fonts which feels a little strange to Japanese can be found everywhere even now.

Screenshots of part of the errors:

1665923232278.png
Tevea, the tutorial village's article in Encyclopedia:
眼下の[霞]のかかった平地を高みから見下ろすハゲワシから名付けられた(in the second line)

1665923546716.png
Radagos's dialog in the second main quest:
俺が必要な[筈]だ。(in the second line)
無論、俺もあんたを信用する必要はね[ぇ]んだ。(in the fourth line, it's small form of the Hiragana alphabet character "え")

1665922938045.png
Companion's name:
[鷹]の[Name]

1665924011958.png
Vlandian pike infantry:
ヴランディア[?]矛兵

1665924268344.png
In conversation with the workshop worker:
ランプの灯をともすのに使われたり、石[鹸]になったり(in the third line)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom