Some good mods to play?

Users who are viewing this thread

daeyeth

Recruit
I was wondering if anyone suggest some released mods that I could play, now that I feel like I'm "done" with the original. I'm looking for mods that stick with the medieval setting and are pretty fleshed out. But even if it's not in the medieval setting I wouldn't mind trying out a mod if it's really good. There are just so many mods out there that I don't know where to start!

I'm likin Prophecy of Pendor.  There's lots of extra stuff like different weapons, horses, enemies.  There's also a lot more city and castle defenders though, so that may be a detractor.

You could try one of the mods that's not too different from Native but still adds a ton of features like Native Expansion or somesuch.

(Fury of Odin's a good one too!)

I settled on Lords and Realms, been playing the hell out of it for the last two weeks. Heh, sense a pattern here?  :grin:

There are a ton of good mods, I recommend reading the feature info in the Mod child boards to see which features they have and pick the one that sounds the most fun to you. None of them have disappointed me so far.

Ruthven said:
You could try one of the mods that's not too different from Native but still adds a ton of features like Native Expansion or somesuch.

(Fury of Odin's a good one too!)
ya, that's basically what I'm looking for. M&B is already a fantastic fantastic game to me, I'm just looking for more now.

I felt the same way as you, Daeyeth. I love M&B and am glad I found this game. But after playing for a while, I found myself desiring more. So I started looking at mods. Didn't see anything that caught my eye right away. I downloaded some visual enhancing mods, like a re-made overland map, and Graphical Enhancements to 'pretify' the game a bit more.

Then I started to look at some of the bigger mods. A lot of them made some changes I wasn't too fond of. It is in the eye of the beholder I guess, as in, it depends on what you like. I was looking for something that kept the flow of Native M&B but added more to the game. Then I found "Native Expansion". I love it. I definatly suggest you give it a look.

Read the mod board, everyone has their tastes and preferables.

I've played SoD for a while now, but I'm sure there's other awesome mods that I haven't tried yet. Just look a bit around until you find a mod you think sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom