Some fighting/skirmish tips for newer players

Users who are viewing this thread

I think you can delete the bits about TW/TKing in Bannerlord. And because of that your excellent Warband advice on fighting multiple enemies isn't quite as effective since the enemy doesn't have to worry about hitting their team mates. But it does have the element of surprise, and you might get a hit or two before you are cut down.

In Bannerlord your best tip is to stay with your teammates. If you find your friendlies getting thinned out, start pulling back until you have the numbers again, then start pushing again.

This is for skirmish, where teamkilling does happen, though.

another tip as legionary by the empire do not piick the western spear. pick the pilas. there is no reason to pick the spear. the pila is also a good spear and you can throw it and one shot heavy horses

I linked this to Arth to put in the Discord FAQ.

As a side note I love Aserai -I was sad when Tribal Warrior's cost was increased but it showed me the light of Skirmishers. I hope they speed up the 2h sword a tad though.

I linked this to Arth to put in the Discord FAQ.

As a side note I love Aserai -I was sad when Tribal Warrior's cost was increased but it showed me the light of Skirmishers. I hope they speed up the 2h sword a tad though.

Ah, thank you.

Also, I've added another tip regarding horses and cavalry as some people don't seem to know about it:

You can double-tap 'S' in order to stop your horse quickly and maneuver to another direction (or turn around) really fast. You can also press E while holding W (or double tap W) to speed up the horse as it starts moving.

Last edited:
As someone new to the MP, most of this would be helpful, if games were actually balanced, so thanks for that (especially that about being outnumbered). Sadly the game is just not fun for newbies right now.

Ah, thank you.

Also, I've added another tip regarding horses and cavalry as some people don't seem to know about it:

You can double-tap 'S' in order to stop your horse quickly and maneuver to another direction (or turn around) really fast. You can also press E while holding W (or double tap W) to speed up the horse as it starts moving.

(y)

As someone new to the MP, most of this would be helpful, if games were actually balanced, so thanks for that (especially that about being outnumbered). Sadly the game is just not fun for newbies right now.

I agree, it's horrible for new players at the moment. Skirmish is just not the right mode for someone new to start playing, duel or siege would be more fitting. Practice is the core of the game, though.

Back
Top Bottom